How far can you get?

I'm a level 55 BH Merc... I'm seeing how far I can get flashpoints done by myself on normal mode I can't finish Colicoid War (because of the group wargames) and Catimideu <sp?> (because of the boss being sealed in the room.)

How far can you go? what are you? Are there any that you can't get done?

My Battle of Ilum and False Emperor solo speed runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Pobii39Tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tcxYqEjWA

I derped at several places in each one, so I'm sure I could shave off a couple minutes from them both.

As far as the hardest content I could clear solo, I'm not sure. I'm sure I could do Kaon, but I wouldn't even want to try Lost Island.

EDIT: this actually made me want to go try Lost Island. I got to the final boss. It's taking me several tries to get a strat down for the first phase. I'll post a video when I clear it.

Edited by UTlNNl

One of my favorite pass times is to solo HM flashpoints. I've done Black Talon, Boarding Party, Foundry, Directive 7, Battle of Ilum and False emperor. Currently working on Kaon. I use my Jugg as a tank with HK for DPS or respec to DPS on my Jugg and use Quinn for heals depending on the fight/situation. Some of the boss fights I definitely would not be able to do without Heroic Moment.

Very cool. SM or HM?

just story mode. i barely squeaked by the first phase of the final boss, but other than that, the rest of it was really easy. I don't think I could do it on HM just because of that phase.

just story mode. i barely squeaked by the first phase of the final boss, but other than that, the rest of it was really easy. I don't think I could do it on HM just because of that phase.

Totally. Still, gratz on solo-ing it, it's certainly not an easy thing to do.

I can't finish Colicoid War (because of the group wargames) and Catimideu <sp?> (because of the boss being sealed in the room.)

If you mean Cademimu Story Mode, that's perfectly soloable once you overlevel it (and possibly before) since there are no 2+ people mechanics ... which "boss sealed in the room" do you have in mind?

... and Catimideu <sp?> (because of the boss being sealed in the room.)

Are you referring to the fact that your companion won't cross the threshold to fight General Ortol? And the door closes locking your companion out?

If so, do this:

1. Enter the room, but don't aggro the boss.

2. Dismiss your companion.

3. Re-summon.

I've soloed most of the level 50 hard mode flashpoints on my dps merc, but I haven't tried Lost Island or Kaon. I don't think I would even bother attempting HM LI solo but might give SM a go at some stage. I find when soloing hard modes that the adds can be more challenging than many of the bosses (they can really hurt!), so I use CC a lot and plan things out before attacking. I usually only use Torian as a companion but I tend to use Treek when soloing these, switching her between heals and tank stance as needed.

Are you referring to the fact that your companion won't cross the threshold to fight General Ortol? And the door closes locking your companion out?

If so, do this:

3. Re-summon.

You can actually send your companion in to fight Ortol and stay outside yourself. On my original server before the server mergers I soloed the early FPs once I was a few levels higher than them. I found the end of Cadmimu tricky till I realised that companions don't take any damage from Ortol's rockets. You can stand outside, tell your companion to fight and wait 5 minutes till the door opens again and your companion exits victorious. An odd way to do it but it worked.

Edited by Irongut

I've soloed SM Battle of Ilum and False Emperor on two DPS characters:

TK Sage with melee DPS companion (Nadia)

Gunnery Commando with healer companion (Elara)

the TK sage was actually easier because Nadia did not stand in bad stuff nearly as much :).

I did all the H4 quests for the HK-51 line (pre-2.0) with a level 50 Jedi Guardian tank and Doc (healer companion) in Rakata gear on my tank and a mix of Tionese and Columi on Doc.

It is ALL about taking your time, thinking things through, and using the resources you have to their fullest capacity.

Hammer Station HM Tunneler Droid. The second boss (torch, sawbones, tank guy) is just a tank and spank. I wasn't able to solo the final boss. So I decided just to upload this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y_qQoNf4fjI

A little explanation of my strat. I deactivated my healer companion's cleanse and bound it to a key. I set myself to my focus target. When I got to around ~3 stacks, I would target myself and mash the button I bound to my companion's cleanse until he used it (usually took a couple seconds).

I might not be able to top my full solo clear of Athiss HM, but I'm gonna try Cademimu next.

• 2 weeks later...

If so, do this:

3. Re-summon.

I died... It wouldn't allow me back in.

Nice posts and video BTW... Keep it coming!!

Edited by DoctorBeckett

Hammer Station HM Tunneler Droid. The second boss (torch, sawbones, tank guy) is just a tank and spank. I wasn't able to solo the final boss. So I decided just to upload this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y_qQoNf4fjI

A little explanation of my strat. I deactivated my healer companion's cleanse and bound it to a key. I set myself to my focus target. When I got to around ~3 stacks, I would target myself and mash the button I bound to my companion's cleanse until he used it (usually took a couple seconds).

I might not be able to top my full solo clear of Athiss HM, but I'm gonna try Cademimu next.

Hammer Station full run with two maras (no companions). We use force camo to evade Tunneler Droid attack since we can't cleanse, and aggro drop on last boss to switch 'tanks' when our HP drops too low. You're right second boss is a bit boring.

What's next for you? :)

Edited by Dractonis

There's some videos of a Sage soloing end game HMs like KUS and TFE.

It might not work on a tank class as, for example, on the KUS bonus boss it hit enrage (no surprise), and he had to respec to healing after his comp died and LoS it and heal inbetween. Looked tricky.

When my Sorc's gear gets slightly better I should try some of these. I don't have a proper tank-geared comp though, just Xalek in my old DPS/healer gear.

Hammer Station full run with two maras (no companions). We use force camo to evade Tunneler Droid attack since we can't cleanse, and aggro drop on last boss to switch 'tanks' when our HP drops too low. You're right second boss is a bit boring.

What's next for you? :)

haha. nice

I'm not sure. I got stuck on Cademimu's first boss... couldn't figure out a way to keep my comp safe from the droid. I guess Mandalorian Raiders is left... the first boss might be too much for my comp to heal through, but i'll give it a shot.

haha. nice

I'm not sure. I got stuck on Cademimu's first boss... couldn't figure out a way to keep my comp safe from the droid. I guess Mandalorian Raiders is left... the first boss might be too much for my comp to heal through, but i'll give it a shot.

I'm not even sure we'd get past the adds to be honest, with both playing rage and juggling c/ds we'd probably manage it. We were gonna try Cademimu too and I think first boss could be doable but we'd get annihilated on the second boss unless we could burn him fast enough and cycle intimidating roar/undying rage for damage mitigation from pigs of doom lol.