crafting help

Allenswordsman

i trying to craft something that i already got the schematic for when getting the crew class so i shouldn't need to buy a schematic

I'm guessing here: while the Crafting Panel is open- change the drop down windows (magnifying glass icons -at the top) to "ALL" and "ALL" and "Alphabetical"

I am guessing you show no schematics in the list . I am also assuming that you do indeed have a companion available for crafting. Treek, HK-51 and any story companions will [should] work. To my knowledge the animals and droids that you can buy through the Cartel Market will not craft (if I am incorrect, please let me know)

i trying to craft something that i already got the schematic for when getting the crew class so i shouldn't need to buy a schematic

What are you trying to craft? What happens when you try? Tell us something more specific than "it doesn't work".

Oh, and make sure you've gone to a Crew Skill Trade Vendor and bought the necessary "white" material ("white" because its inventory icon has a white frame).

I'm guessing here: while the Crafting Panel is open- change the drop down windows (magnifying glass icons -at the top) to "ALL" and "ALL" and "Alphabetical"

I am guessing you show no schematics in the list . I am also assuming that you do indeed have a companion available for crafting. Treek, HK-51 and any story companions will [should] work. To my knowledge the animals and droids that you can buy through the Cartel Market will not craft (if I am incorrect, please let me know)

They cannot craft, and they cannot go on crew skill missions either.

If you are trying to use a "temporary" companion (i.e. a storyline companion who has joined you, but where you are still going through their initial planetary story arc before they become an official companion of your character), you will find that the "Craft" button for the crafting skill is greyed out.

For example, if a Sith Inquisitor frees Khem Val, then travels to the fleet to pick up crafting/crew skills before completing the Korriban storyline, they will find that they can use Khem as a combat companion, but they cannot use them for crafting (I am not sure about whether they can be sent on missions/gathering quests, though).

Assuming that you do indeed have ALL of the materials required for your crafting (the two gatherable materials, plus the material from the Crew Skill Trade Vendor), that is the only reason I can think of why crafting specifically would be unavailable to you - other issues such as server/client lag could also give problems, but you would be seeing other issues such as vendors/doors/skills being unresponsive.

i'm a new subscriber and i just got the artificer crew class but even through i have all the materials i can't craft anything. through my material gathering crew classes work fine. i tried deleting the class and starting over but it didn't help.

You didn't say, so, do you have any companions? It's the companions that do the crafting, not you.

its already on all and the thing i'm trying to craft is the first bonded attachment you get when you get the artificer crew class. i have two companions. i been able to use my material gathering crew classes just fine.

Do you in fact have all 3 components, 2 of each the Lost Artifice Fragment, Rubat Crystal and the Nylite Solution? The solution needs to be bought from the crafting vendor (those are the "white" mats) that Steve clarified above.

If you have a list of schematics it should be as easy as clicking on a companion pix, clicking on an item to make and finally clicking on the "craft" tab a bottom. Then sit back and wait. If you are still having issue, I'd contact support through making a ticket. Maybe they can see something wrong?

i got all those materials but i got them from the material gathering crew classes

I'm running out of ability to be helpful. So I did this, I grabbed one of my lower level characters, picked up Artifice and popped open the Crafting menu.

https://imgur.com/a/UTmDeUT

Old computer so not great picture :(

Your Crafting windows/menus/tabs/etc; should look very similar? If yours is missing something and /or anything, you may need to post a pix of your screen.

As Mr. Cynic likes to say "we can't see your screen"

He may even find an issue with mine. :eek:

i tried both buttons on the mouse just to be sure multiple times

Are you clicking on the "Craft" Tab at the bottom right? That button starts your companion to get to work, if you are a subscriber you can queue up 5 items and as you gain levels you can add up to 8 companions (level 70?) in the queue for crafting of 40 items

In my picture it's located by the mini map.

Edited by kcirevamnalyd
grammar

i tried both buttons on the mouse just to be sure multiple times

The problem seems to be, no one can see exactly what's going on with your screen, nor are we able to replicate it. Do you have any friends that play this, who might pop over and look? Another option might be to actually video it/record it, so we can see what happens.