re-rolled FATMAN, no other options.

Johnholliday

One has to only take a quick look at the servers to see where the majority of players are playing. At peek evening hours there are between 3-7 servers that have the highest density of players. As this game gets older and the dust settles this has now become an "issue" because aside from these servers the remaining servers are void of population, leaving a stale and lonely environment that is not fun to play in.

I hope bioware realizes what kind of situation that we the players are in right now if we want to play on a "populated" server. My definition of populated = having enough people on any given world +fleet to assemble any kind of group for any kind of gameplay. Exceptions to this would be the couple of dead early morning hours (4am - 9am, server time) , however this exception becomes diluted as more and more players spanning the globe re-roll to the same server.

After having done my own study I have concluded that the (FATMAN) server is the most populated, and by quite a bit. My guestimation would be roughly 20-40% more players than the next highest populated server (swiftsure) and (Jedi Covenant) . Because of this i chose to re-roll here. Im happy to be on a popluated server but not being able to bring my high level characters over truely sucks!

This is going to be an itchy problem that is only going to fester and swell unless given the option to server transfer characters. After enough time has passed, more and more players will decide to make the choice I did which if they choose the new server based on population like me, will cause these servers to run at max occupancy, accompanied by queues to log in to them. Sounds awesome right!? no it doesnt

Allowing us to transfer characters gives us more control over where we play and with what characters. I might choose to transfer one to a slighly less populated server for various reasons if I knew that I could always take that character elsewhere and would not lose ALL my time and effort invested. We realize that the server transfer feature is a mess right now because of the legacy feature but that isn't the players fault, thats your fault for implementing such a meaningless and complicated player naming feature that in all purposes is completely pointless and irrelevant.

Edited by Johnholliday

Your monthly subscription is to log in. What you do after that is really up to you.

They can't stop people from rolling on the more populated servers. WoW has the same problems and server transfers are a way for them to bank money. I mean, my old WoW guild transfered servers from a low pop to high pop just to be able to recruit players.

Edited by ComeAndSee