The use of dark and light aligned weapons

hazzomar

I was in the senate tower cantina last night when I noticed this player that was same class as me, one level higher than me, but with alot more health, so I inspected him and I saw that he had a dark I weapon equipped but he had no dark or light alignment. Moments later, he showed his dark I assault cannon so I know he is able to use it, but how can that be allowed? If thats the case, then light and dark alignment means nothing, you can just use whatever weapon and gear you see fit. This guy may have been exploiting the game somehow but I hope this gets addressed because its not fair to those who work hard on dark and light alignments only to see a guy who has no alignment able to use an uber weapon without working for it.

Rofl the game is just buggy as all hell and isnt showing you their alignment when you inspect them.

Dont understand why its a bug? Just because you can view someones armor and stuff (from RPG view - you are just able to know what item it is by a design, looks, whatever) doesnt mean that you can see someones alignment by just looking at him/her, its not like he has tatoo on his forhead saying "im bad *** dark side jedi).

The bug is, that mod-able and pre-modded dark/light-gear is usable - at least for non-force users.

My Operative got a mod-able Rifle with a red color crystal and is light III - no problem using it.

But if I go to the mod-menu and un-mod the crystal and put it back - then I would not be able to use it anymore.