Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Samsky
02.02.2012 , 02:22 AM | #121
1) I hope it will be just expertise nerf for the"pvp fix". My battlemaster stuff is kinda 50% differently modded so PvE=PvP gear atm...which brings me to another point...

2) Make set bonuses comparable. Some classes have HORRIBLE SET BONUSES (pvp and pve gear).

3) First off, we removed the requirement to have the BioChem profession to use Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals. This was done to (a) remove pressure of players to pick up BioChem for optimal combat performance and (b) to open up the sale of BioChem products to a larger audience on the Galactic Trade Network.

Yeah, me and guildies have exotech recepies. Guess what. Can't learn them. Go figure. Fix that first instead of "bring it inline with blablabla".

4) Crafting changes in general sound fine, but hey, I can get half of rakata set in 1 run so dunno why I'd bother crafting anything unless you make it comparable to best drops and make it easy to craft.
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Novalight
"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

ChemicalRider
02.02.2012 , 02:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill.
Hi,

Please dont say anything about skill and SWTOR. Please go to EA friends in Norway - FunCom and see what mean game where personal skill is better then any stims/adrenals or gear.

If u want skillful game please reblance all class that have in-combat stealth and in-combat some kind of speed. Disiable this in combat and then we can talk about personal skill + swtor.

At this state PvP in SWTOR forgive huge mistakes and even not knowing own class because of in-combat stealth and speeds.

Estenex
02.02.2012 , 02:23 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulcheg View Post
They just haven't ding 50 yet, or ding it recently, that's why they want to ~KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE NAO RAIT NAO~, and they just don't think what will happen, when their chars will do some progression, which does not have any benefits anymore, and which will be just wasting of time.
By progression you mean the ability to squash people without thinking? The gear improvement should be gradual enough that it is an improvement but doesn't change you from squishy to immortal. They aren't making it any less tedious to obtain the gear they are just making it more fun for the majority.

Premade VS premade will still have even matches. PUG vs PUG will still be a chaotic ***** fest but premade VS PUG might feel a little less one sided and be a little more fun for the underdog... who regardless of gear will eventually lose to tactics and skill. Glad they will be softening the curve.

homelesscreep
02.02.2012 , 02:24 AM | #124
Make a new raid where in nightmaremode a rare armor or wepon tier 4 scematic drops.
Put a crafting station inside the raid so that you can only make that 1 peice like arm, chest, legs, wepon ect. inside the instance. Also make it to where the rare crafting mats only drop in the nightmare mode instaces as well that would be freaking awsome. Anotherthing make the scematic drops rare.

VictimOfMyRage
02.02.2012 , 02:28 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by ChemicalRider View Post
Hi,

Please dont say anything about skill and SWTOR. Please go to EA friends in Norway - FunCom and see what mean game where personal skill is better then any stims/adrenals or gear.

If u want skillful game please reblance all class that have in-combat stealth and in-combat some kind of speed. Disiable this in combat and then we can talk about personal skill + swtor.

At this state PvP in SWTOR forgive huge mistakes and even not knowing own class because of in-combat stealth and speeds.
Stealth is not the issue ? lol

You just can't talk about *skill* when they're 2 stupid to mirror classes properly....
Also no1 cares bout *personal skill* when you have 3 friends , who are all bossł, but 4 random dumpsters drag your entire team down see what im aiming at

Soulcheg
02.02.2012 , 02:34 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Estenex View Post
By progression you mean the ability to squash people without thinking? The gear improvement should be gradual enough that it is an improvement but doesn't change you from squishy to immortal. They aren't making it any less tedious to obtain the gear they are just making it more fun for the majority.

So you want to say, that 10 valor rank and 60+ valor rank should have almost no difference? No point is play on the main char when you ding 50 then.

The gap now is not so big, as whiners implying. W/o any champion piece i saw ~1200-1800 numbers, with battlemaster set i see 1900-2700 numbers. Go, tell me that is REALLY DAH BIGGEST IN DAH WHOLE WORLD DIFFERENCE for 60 valor ranks and the months of playing, right.
I'm a 63 valor rank Commando, ToFN, if it's matter.

Maldeth
02.02.2012 , 02:35 AM | #127
I would like to see better organization for the crafts.
example:

+/- Base Green Armoring Model Level X
......+/- Blue armoring Model A
..............Purple Armoring Model A-A
..............Purple Armoring Model A-B
......+/- Blue Armoring Model B
..............Purple Armoring Model B-A
..............Purple Armoring Model B-B

+/- meaning it can be expanded and collapsed

That way you're not flooded with everything and looking forever for what you want. That and I think it would make it look a lot better. Cleaner.

Other then that, pulling armorings and such from end game purples makes customization easier.

Pants for Councillor/Inquisitor maybe?

Edit: Forgive me for the "..." don't know code for indent and it will not let me do it without it.

Mephane
02.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
No, it doesn't make them viable, it makes their gear mandatory. No serious raider or pvper will be wearing the default raid or pvp gear with that patch. Crit crafted oranges will trump them in stats.

Bad move unless they plan to give that gear augment slots too. They should be on par, not better.
What they need, instead of crit-crafting (which could still also, provide them), is for a reliable way to add Augment slots to existing items, even ones dropped from bosses, bought for commendations etc. It is possibly the only way to make orange items and purple items equal in value, and give people maximum freedom and choice in combining stats with character looks. Right now purple items are better than modded orange ones, with these changes (+removable base mods+set bonuses from purple items) crit-crafted orange ones would be best, and both purple and non-crafted orange items would be behind.

Thus, I suggest every crafting profession receive the ability to create a consumable item that puts an Augment slot on any item of the type that profession typically produces:

ArmsTech - Blasters of all kinds, tech- vibro and electro-weapons
Artifice - Lightsabers and relics of all kinds
ArmorMech - All non-force-user armor
SynthWeave - All force-user armor
BioChem - All implants
Cybertech - All earpieces

Then, in addition all professions needs some unique profession-only perk that is really useful in the long run. BioChem has reusable version of what is consumable for others. So the other professions need something as powerful as that (and no, the Cybertech grenades are in no way comparable, too weak, too long of a cooldown, too situational. Buffing my stats or free instant heals are useful in any(!) environment). Maybe even get some inspiration of from what WoW does in this regard.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Tony_K
02.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #129
Biggest problem I'm having is with crafting.. it's great when leveling but as soon as you hit 50 it's useless.

For example..
Make a lot of crafted blue and level 50 items. (why so many lvl 49 ?)
You reverse engineer it 20 or more times to get a purple version. (anoying but I'm ok with it)
Then you make purple level 50 items, material cost is insane because it takes so long to run missions (underworld metal)
Then you try to reverse engiener those.. and if your lucky you get another purple ? (***!)
This is just wrong.. all that work and the only thing you get is a +20/+40 random stat.. no armor or anything special.
AND IT STILL SUCKS COMPARED TO PVP AND FLASHPOINT GEAR

Omega-one
02.02.2012 , 02:38 AM | #130
PvP is terrible, you have created a model that rewards those without jobs. the gear difference is so great, and the grind to get it so long, most people get frustrated and quit the game.

End game PvP needs content, Alot of content. arenas, etc. more more more. 3 WZ is actually pretty terrible out of the gate, i would expect 5. the WZ idea is fantastic, but if this is your biggest sell, you will need more.

You should think about duelist trees, arenas, etc. group pvp that matters. I know you want to sell and make money, but forcing people to grind, grind, grind wont keep them here, giving them pure competition will. sure, add some new gear once a year, make the grind reasonable, and you will keep people coming back.

Next, DO NOT MAKE END GAME SCHEMATICS that require you HAVE to do Flashpoints. Some of us DONT like them. Alot of people love sitting around for hours waiting on people or fighting over gear, but alot do not.

one other thing, when you guys make your future content, either for pvp or for pve, remember alot of us love star wars, we grew up with it, but we are OLD lol, we have families and work. I want to be able to complete things but i cannot when they take hours upon hours and days upon days. through in a few easy accomplishments for us. thanks.
OMEGA-ONE
Quiet Professional