Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class Story has hit 50 votes (83% of voters voted? idk), so looks like it's fairly important...

for everyone but Electronic Arts.

Fixed that for you. I'm sure Bioware would love to give us class stories, but EA's the company that writes the check, so blame them.

I'm cool with polls when there is no overarching and blatant agenda. Interesting results thus far.

/popcorn

Polling inside the forum is actually good. Why? Because it puts to rest the hyperbole about what's popular and what's not popular. It worked great in beta when someone would light off a conspiracy of thought.. and a poll would show that they were completely full of bantha poop.

I'd pay a higher sub if I could get more class story (an actual chapter 4), and some more class/AC's. Bioware just needs to tell us how much they would need to make it, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that the community would make it happen.

That's quite an interesting idea. If they originally planned on x million subscribers at $15 a month being enough to let them take the class stories to chapter 12...how much would the monthly rate have to increase to match that revenue stream with the stabilized(?) subscriber base?

Yeah, I'd be willing to go higher than $15, if that's what it took...

Polling inside the forum is actually good. Why? Because it puts to rest the hyperbole about what's popular and what's not popular. It worked great in beta when someone would light off a conspiracy of thought.. and a poll would show that they were completely full of bantha poop.

Exactly. In fact those beta polls are used quite often as references to actual player desires as opposed to guesses based on...well...nothing.

I am glad to see them back if this isnt a glitch.

lets keep this going, it is really great to see what the community actually wants!

I agree.

What's interesting to me is to see such a low vote count for PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc).

Given all the PvP drama in the forum the last month or so.. you would think it would be much higher. I guess polling proves that the handful of PvP instigators (that have now expired subs, and can no longer post) were not representing the masses of PvP players like they said they were. :)

Edited by Andryah

Ya. They were great because they told the real story of what the community wanted. LOL ... I had a whole spreadsheet ready to rock using SurveyMonkey too. I hope this is brought back as a regular feature.

What the results thus far tell me is that the community wants more of what Bioware does best - that which got them here starting with the KOTOR franchise.

Edited by GalacticKegger

lets keep this going, it is really great to see what the community actually wants!

you mean, what the leftover community really wants. Do you think that really counts?

well look at that, found this old poll on mmorpg.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5346533#5346533

So if you had a restaurant which had 100 guests every day, and suddenly your guest number drops down to 10 guests every day, would you ask those remaining 10 if you should fire the cook or put more of the same on the menu?

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

you mean, what the leftover community really wants. Do you think that really counts?

well look at that, found this old poll on mmorpg.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5346533#5346533

So if you had a restaurant which had 100 guests every day, and suddenly your guest number drops down to 10 guests every day, would you ask those remaining 10 if you should fire the cook or put more of the same the menu?

Well look at that, found this old poll on swtor.com

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=205792&page=3

So if you had a restaurant which had 200 regulars the first month, and saw your number of regulars drop down to 25 after a year, then back up to 50 with another 170 or so guests continually venturing in & out sampling the menu the next year, would you ask those 50 if they want the menu changed, if they want more of the same, or if they want a combination of the two? Who cares ... they are being asked. That's all a poll is. Whether or not the number of participants is enough to satisfy your idea of a serviceable sample size is irrelevant.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Ya. They were great because they told the real story of what the community wanted. LOL ... I had a whole spreadsheet ready to rock using SurveyMonkey too. I hope this is brought back as a regular feature.

What the results thus far tell me is that the community wants more of what Bioware does best - that which got them here starting with the KOTOR franchise.

Yeah, the results are hardly surprising but certainly telling. I wonder what is in the "Other" category.

Yeah, the results are hardly surprising but certainly telling. I wonder what is in the "Other" category.
Indeed they are. Just hazarding a guess here, but maybe "Other" equates to stuff like SG companion relationships, guild capital ships/terrestrial player housing, flying mounts, open-world PvP (since it wasn't included in the PvP choice), etc ... Edited by GalacticKegger

That's quite an interesting idea. If they originally planned on x million subscribers at $15 a month being enough to let them take the class stories to chapter 12...how much would the monthly rate have to increase to match that revenue stream with the stabilized(?) subscriber base?

Yeah, I'd be willing to go higher than $15, if that's what it took...

Yeah, I thought by supporting the Cartel Market I was supporting the game but it seems that the cartel market is only supporting the cartel market. I got Vette the smugglers outfit the other day and as I was putting mods in it I realised I never used her any more as was evident by the level of her gear. In fact unless I walk into the engine room I never see her and she never has anything to say. Making putting her in an outfit that I think suits her some what pointless and a waste of CC's. Though I suspect not as much as gambling on a lock box.

It would have been nice if the money made from CC was put back in the game for chances to see the new outfits in cut scenes and continuation of the story rather than only the backs as we collect missions from boxes.

Indeed they are. Just hazarding a guess here, but maybe "Other" equates to stuff like SG companion relationships, guild capital ships/terrestrial player housing, flying mounts, open-world PvP (since it wasn't included in the PvP choice), etc ...

too bad that housing didn´t get an own option - on the other hand, everyone who wants housing in an MMO probably left long ago and wouldn´t vote anyway

Clearly it is still class stories by a WIDE margin. I would speculate this is due to the game's large casual population, and this small slice could be seen to represent that.

Naturally there will be folks that will deny that when no evidence exists, then dismiss evidence when it is presented. That is to be expected.

I do feel there is a way they could present both class and companion storyline progression without the need to add more levels or expansions to the game, if they do so one class at a time....very small story arcs, perhaps 3 or 4 missions a pop that will advance the story and companion story further.

This way they could, at least in part, satiate some of that desire while minimizing investment in time and cost.

I believe that the planet option was chosen by most as a Makeb sort of thing, but that is just a baseless guess. If that is the case, then it looks like it will fall like this...

1) Extension of class stories

2) Addition of minigames

3) New planets added, perhaps in Makeb style with level expansions or small story arcs like Ori.

I would see that as development priorities.

Edited by LordArtemis

Clearly it is still class stories by a WIDE margin. I would speculate this is due to the game's large casual population, and this small slice could be seen to represent that.

Naturally there will be folks that will deny that when no evidence exists, then dismiss evidence when it is presented. That is to be expected.

I do feel there is a way they could present both class and companion storyline progression without the need to add more levels or expansions to the game, if they do so one class at a time....very small story arcs, perhaps 3 or 4 missions a pop that will advance the story and companion story further.

This way they could, at least in part, satiate some of that desire while minimizing investment in time and cost.

I believe that the planet option was chosen by most as a Makeb sort of thing, but that is just a baseless guess. If that is the case, then it looks like it will fall like this...

1) Extension of class stories

2) Addition of minigames

3) New planets added, perhaps in Makeb style with level expansions or small story arcs like Ori.

I would see that as development priorities.

Well, IMO they have a gold mine here. It seems that BW is getting wrapped around the wheel when thinking about advancing Class story lines by thinking they need to deliver full chapters. They don't need deliver stories in that way. Small episodic additions to each class story in a routine fashion will go a long way even if not all stories are covered in each episode. Yes, they should be the building blocks of chapters, but again they don't have to be full blown novellas in one shot.

Essentially what I see is a market for continuing stories in the small form, much like comic books. I guarantee such an activity followed up by patches adding more features to the the game and maybe a full blown expansion broadening the story arcs among other things will make this game a sub worth having long term. It would broaden the term subscription to be more like a sub for a magazine or comic.

Companion stories could be a part of these episodes as well.

Now, it would be expensive, but a continuing and episodic story line will be huge draw to satiate the hunger of SW fans in general who are always looking for more stories and an expanding universe. My guess is such a strategy would bring back many players and bring in many new players increasing profit margins despite a continuing high cost development.

One thing that a small few seem to be trying to imply is that swtor cannot learn from asking the small amount of people left what they want.....

Funny thing is there are a lot of misconceptions here:

1. Who said there are not many people left?....the latest earnings call indicated swtor is on the up and up.

2. No matter how great the food is at a certain restaurant or how great a game is... it will never be for everyone. Those who are left is who should be focused on. The more those who are left like the game, they will get their friends to come in and play too. There are plenty of people in the world that the game can grow without the ones that left.

Swtor has a core group of subscribers that are here and excited to continue. These people live in a world where they interact and meet people everyday, or at least every week. Well, ok some may only interact on facebook. But the point is the more excited you get those people the more they will talk about it. then more people come in. Serve food to those who come in. Most people do not eat alone all the time.

This poll is a small snapshot of the community, but the people who regularly visit the forums tend to be the ones that are the most involved.

This is a pretty good poll. Well done OP.

I'm sure this will be helpful feedback to Bioware.

Companions seem a bit inflated though. I think we got plenty of them already. Would love companion dungeons where you can take 3 of them and go through a dungeon of some sort to get more customisation options for them. ^^

Edited by Nemmar

1. OTHER - Guild enhancements. Guildhall capital ship, guild mail, guild calendar, in game recruiting NPC,

2. Class Story

3. Space - PVE free Flight

4. More Planets

5. Crew Skills / Crafting

Edited by Santay