Cartel armor outfits

bigfatdan

Is there any need to keep the outfits once they are in our collections? Inventory space is precious enough that I don't want to waste it. Thanks for any help!

If you applied an expensive dye to a piece. I use dyed belt and boots in several outfits. I have a favorite top in several colors. Some favorite pieces simply dye well, and are kept.

As above for CM pieces, but don't forget that there *are* decent-looking non-CM sets that are hard to replace. Keep those as well, except for not-dyed craftables.

Example: For some purposes, it's interesting to be able to have an outfit of your starter armour, especially the Inquisitor one, and starter armour is:

* Binds-on-Pickup so cannot be transferred from another character of the same class.

* Trivially losable because it counts as "junk" for the "Sell All Junk" button.

If you make an outfit of that (combined with Covert Energy pieces, I guess), you *must* keep it in storage.

Is there any need to keep the outfits once they are in our collections? Inventory space is precious enough that I don't want to waste it. Thanks for any help!

No. You can get infinite copies from Collections.

The only time you might want to keep a piece in Storage is if it has an expensive dye (that you can't, or don't want to, craft) or you've added an augmentation slot to it.

No. You can get infinite copies from Collections.

The only time you might want to keep a piece in Storage is if it has an expensive dye (that you can't, or don't want to, craft) or you've added an augmentation slot to it.

Edit - of course, you shouldn't use CM armor as your "base" anyway, so there would be no need to worry about augments. Your "base" should be a bonus set before you worry about augments.

Edit, edit - lol, I meant to edit the post, not quote it. 😯

Edited by JediQuaker

there is one reason to keep the original set.... when the Collections page gets bugged, wearing and then removing the original set can sometimes fix it so other characters can use retrieve it again...

ETA

Alternatively you can equip that original set on a companion to "store" it, freeing up space in inventory

Edited by Void_Singer

most companion stuff isn't that great anyway. Although it would be cool if companions had an outfit creater like players, so they could have different outfits too

When Outfit Designer arrived, this was discussed. Apparently it's significantly harder (given the engine's structure and the decisions back in 2007/8/9/10 that informed it) to create Companion Outfit Designer or Weapon Look Designer, which is why we don't have them.