Shadow/Assassin nerf 5.5 (petition)

Hoggan

Well, no, even though I main a sin since my start on this game.

I said it on another older post, but you have more chances to actually get hired at BW on the class balance department than to actually make a functionnal petition about class balance... Also, maybe do it sooner next time, there is no possible way that a company can change a Game Update less than a day before its launch, especially when you see how few funds BW actually has to make this game function. :rolleyes:

Well, lets compromise, from a PvP stand point at least, if you gonna nerf damage of deception, add more survivability :) In other ways /signed

I said it before, I will say it again....why does BioWare cater to the non-existent PVP community? We have less than 5% of players, driving the nerf mobile.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I said it before, I will say it again....why does BioWare cater to the non-existent PVP community? We have less than 5% of players, driving the nerf mobile.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I do both pve and pvp but it seems all the nerfs weren't wanted by anyone. The PvP community was asking for a nerf to merc defensives and instead they nerfed their dps, for example. Now it continues for most classes.

Personally I think it has to do with their target numbers that we don't know, this is what we get when they give new gear tiers without increasing content difficulty I suppose.

So in parsing today (did a little more than a dozen parses, which I admit is not a whole lot), I am seeing an average of about a 1000DPS loss in a mostly 248 geared deception assassin. I now compete pretty evenly with my 240-242 ranged toons and considerably less than my other 246 geared melee classes. This is a pretty major hit, far more than what was needed IMO.

So in parsing today (did a little more than a dozen parses, which I admit is not a whole lot), I am seeing an average of about a 1000DPS loss in a mostly 248 geared deception assassin. I now compete pretty evenly with my 240-242 ranged toons and considerably less than my other 246 geared melee classes. This is a pretty major hit, far more than what was needed IMO.

No "adjustment" aka nerf was needed.

The Assassin only commited one Sin (love the wording): Assassin abilities stack nicely with group and single target buffs from other classes in PvE content.

So far in tests: 800 - 1K dps decrease - yay.

After quite a few parses (Roughly 20) today I'm getting about 400 dps loss. Not sure how you lost 1K, but clearly you were on the end of bad rng due to surging charge procs and low rolling damage. about 9.3 as my low and 9.8 as my highest.

8.8K lowest and 9.55K dps highest so far. Gotta do 10 more...

Ok, well I just now managed a 9982 DPS parse, but that is certainly the exception. The more parses I do the more the curve smoothes out and I'd say my original avg 1000 DPS loss is closer to about avg 750-800 loss, still pretty significant. Edited by Decidion

recommended best 248er according Bant resp. same as these: https://torcommunity.com/guides/classes/sith-inquisitor/sith-assassin/deception

Yeah I don't see how you can achieve those 248 stats he lists. His numbers give you power that is too low and either crit or alacrity too high, depending on your gear setup. With no power and mostly crit augs, I can get to the 1800 crit, but my alacrity is closer to 1400 and my power is about 4000. That is with the standard mods & enhancements that come with 248 gear. Any other mods enhancements drop the power, but give you endurance, not more crit/alacrity.

Edited by Decidion
typo

Only did a handful of parses once I hit full 248 back in 5.2 but they almost always averaged out to 10k. Did 2 parses earlier today. Both were 9630. Assuming that small sample size is my new average, I've lost about 400 dps aka no big deal. I've seen a similar dps difference on some boss fights just because one kill I had no assailable or beat down debuffs provided and the next kill I did. So just like when the nerf was announced, I'm completely indifferent to it.

I think, compared to Serenity/Hatred, Infiltration/Deception is quite good balanced. However, the melee-burst-category is a bit out of balance (espacially combat/carnage, also Concealment and AP/Tactics in the long term). I think, we more have compare it with focus/rage, that are on a quite similar level.

recommended best 248er according Bant resp. same as these: https://torcommunity.com/guides/classes/sith-inquisitor/sith-assassin/deception

take those stats with a grain of salt.

look at the example of fury/concentration - after the changes, doesnt gear up exactly like bant posted, and in fact a high alacrity build (aparently) is currently nr2 on parsely - so those numbers may be not the optimal ones atm. that was for previous builds, but now that has changed.

take those stats with a grain of salt.

look at the example of fury/concentration - after the changes, doesnt gear up exactly like bant posted, and in fact a high alacrity build (aparently) is currently nr2 on parsely - so those numbers may be not the optimal ones atm. that was for previous builds, but now that has changed.

We'll have to wait and test a bit longer before assuming that the high alac build is better for Deception. It can helps in terms of apm, but the lack of crit somewhat balance this, especially after seeing how much our surge on Discharge and other ability got nerfed, I wouldn't expect some miracles from this build. I'll run some test though, it is worth trying. :)

• 4 weeks later...

yup the nerf was needed but it ended up being over the top.

Top parse went down from 10.3k to 10k, so only a loss of 300dps

However that 10k was an exception. Usually I parsed around 9.8k so it's more like loss of 500dps

Given that deception is extremely random you might as well and up doing 9.2k doing the exact same thing.