50 Operative -- ask away

jbrdude

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

If you have any questions, I'll attempt to answer.

What talent tree did you focus on?

What's your playstyle like?

How's the gear look up there?

On a scale of 0 to fun how much fun are you having?

What's it like being 50 on launch day? Lonely? Proud?

Why would you race to 50? One has to wonder how much of the game you missed in reaching your goal....

potentially none of it, people have been 50 on beta for a while.

for all you know hes leveled multiple characters to 50 "normally" on beta and so speed ran this one.

Dont jump to conclusions :-)

Why don't you work or study instead of spending all your time playing computer games?

its been a week? people take holidays

Edited by Aeires

What talent tree did you focus on?

What's your playstyle like?

How's the gear look up there?

On a scale of 0 to fun how much fun are you having?

What's it like being 50 on launch day? Lonely? Proud?

Concealment.

I enjoy PVP the most. It took me a while to like Op. I played a few months in beta and I didn't like the class until 20 (i.e. lacerate). From there it was fun. I didn't optimize my levelling -- if you want to, the fastest way to do it is get in a group. I did 90%+ of my levelling solo (friends had diff playtimes). I mixed PVP with questing. I also was hit with the Taris memory bug -- causing me to get locked out for 5 hours until I figured how to resolve the issue myself (I was also on customer support for 2.5 hours).

Nothing incredibly awesome for gear ;) Lots of decent stuff.

I am really enjoying Op and TOR overall. I was someone who pre-ordered CE, was really excited, etc. Then started in Beta and was disappointed in a lot of things. However, something happened that I didn't expect nor experience in other MMO's -- I starting liking the game more the more I played it (normally I love a game and then it wanes).

Oh it's funny hearing the different tells ;)

Edited by jbrdude

How long did it take to get used to using both melee and ranged abilities effectively? :p

A while.. But then you love it. At first in Beta I was kinda annoyed -- now it is awesome. Every moment you have action possibility... attacking, fleeing, etc etc.

Why would you race to 50? One has to wonder how much of the game you missed in reaching your goal....

I've levelled every class to 30s during months of Beta, and some beyond. Op was one of those I played through multiple wipes.

You can only watch a cinematic 5x until it gets boring ;)

Why don't you work or study instead of spending all your time playing computer games?

Am on Xmas break.

I rushed for a variety of reasons -- one of them being that now I can spend time with family rather than thinking about playing TOR on Xmas ;)

I enjoy PVP the most. It took me a while to like Op. I played a few months in beta and I didn't like the class until 20 (i.e. lacerate). From there it was fun.

Oh tell me about it, half the threads on this board are from QQ'ers who haven't hit 20 yet and don't have that pivotal talent (HoT for medics, Lacerate for Concealment and the extra poison nade in the shared tree)

Anyhow, ignore the haters and enjoy... I just get the feeling that you'll be lonely at 50 for quite a while.

Question: As a concealment op in pvp, what classes can you take down the easiest. Which classes give you the hardest time?

Oh tell me about it, half the threads on this board are from QQ'ers who haven't hit 20 yet and don't have that pivotal talent (HoT for medics, Lacerate for Concealment and the extra poison nade in the shared tree)

Anyhow, ignore the haters and enjoy... I just get the feeling that you'll be lonely at 50 for quite a while.

Question: As a concealment op in pvp, what classes can you take down the easiest. Which classes give you the hardest time?

It honestly is less the class and more the player. I've dropped 40s like cake who don't know what they are doing, and then there are good melee'ers in their 20s (bolstered) that can be nasty.

My biggest annoyance is the lack of Repub players on my server (or in general). I"m thinking of rolling one just to spice things up.

Whats the survivability like in pvp? Do you feel like a melee class isnt as effective compared to all of the ranged damage going on in pvp?

Survivability is good.

Great control, interrupts, oh **** buttons, etc.

The only thing that is tough to 1v1 are good healer specced players.

I feel in great shape vs ranged. I always have a few ranged that I use as needed (nothing like being in their face though).

My ultimately toss up was between Sin vs Agent (I miss overload and force speed).... Lots of pros and cons between those.

Edited by jbrdude

The only thing that is tough to 1v1 are good healer specced players.

Depends, sages are very squishy no matter how good of a healer they are :p Most can be killed before they even get up from Jarring Strike. Troopers are a different matter...

Depends, sages are very squishy no matter how good of a healer they are :p Most can be killed before they even get up from Jarring Strike. Troopers are a different matter...

For some reason Troopers are easy for me. The nastiest ones for me personally are melee force users.