Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes if you are in ranked arena but what if you are fighting 1on1 for example?

Occasionally you'll see people who will cc someone, pop recklessness and os, then hard cast CrD, low slash, maul, discharge, etc...but you have to be careful that they don't break cc then stun you, ruining your burst window. I persoanlly wouldn't recommend opening up like that unless you know they are a bad player, or if you're already fighting and you stealth out and cc them.

Could you do a shadow/infiltration version of the assassin/deception guide? Since I'm not used to the utilities used by the assassins since I'm basically 100% pure Infiltration.

I did, Dulfy just hasn't put it up yet :(

There are 6 guides being released on her site, 3 imperial specs, 3 republic specs. She just has to put them up on her own time and she's been very busy, so I'm not going to rush her :p

Is that mix dps/tank gear? I am just curious, have a tank sin on lvl 42, but soon will be lvl 65 and when i will remove endu what is shall be the highest as possible u have too much criti and bonus damage. Or am i wrong?

I'm having a hard time deciphering your exact question, but yes, this is a mixture of tank and DPS gear for the best balance between damage output and damage mitigation.

Should we go with the power/crit earpiece and implants? If not, should we go for shield rating or absorption rating?

edit: The pic answered the first question.. :lol:

I'm assuming we go for absorption based on the difference in our stats as well.

Edited by UglyStik

Should we go with the power/crit earpiece and implants? If not, should we go for shield rating or absorption rating?

edit: The pic answered the first question.. :lol:

I'm assuming we go for absorption based on the difference in our stats as well.

Bulwark implant/earpiece. Yes, absorption.

I did, Dulfy just hasn't put it up yet :(

There are 6 guides being released on her site, 3 imperial specs, 3 republic specs. She just has to put them up on her own time and she's been very busy, so I'm not going to rush her :p

I doubt Dulfy will post the republic side specs, by the looks of things so far it's all been imp side and no sign of any pub side specs in pvp. You're better off posting them here!

Edited by RaithHarth

I doubt Dulfy will post the republic side specs, by the looks of things so far it's all been imp side and no sign of any pub side specs in pvp. You're better off posting them here!

She's posting all guides, I specifically wrote 6 guides, 3 pub, 3 imp. They will all be published.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

• 4 weeks later...
Kre'a, I found one really tiny thing in the guide that confused me (it was in Ser/Hat one)- you start your rotation with Spike, but Spike is not listed in the Abilities description column. So, I had to go snooping to figure out what it is, that it is not a generic mmo lingo for a mezz or stun borrowed from WoW, and what level you get it. Edited by DomiSotto

Kre'a, I found one really tiny thing in the guide that confused me (it was in Ser/Hat one)- you start your rotation with Spike, but Spike is not listed in the Abilities description column. So, I had to go snooping to figure out what it is, that it is not a generic mmo lingo for a mezz or stun borrowed from WoW, and what level you get it.

Spike is your 2 second hard stun that is only usable while stealthed. I didn't mention it since it will likely only ever be used once, and that's when you're opening from stealth. I believe the pub term is spinning kick. You get it at level 32 I believe, but that was pre 4.0, it could be vastly different now, as I have not leveled a shadow/sin in well over a year now.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question and im a returing player but dont know if it good as dps sith assassin to use a shield that gives absorption or is it best to use the focus that gives more force power and does it work to use the shield as dps or that only best for tank spec ?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question and im a returing player but dont know if it good as dps sith assassin to use a shield that gives absorption or is it best to use the focus that gives more force power and does it work to use the shield as dps or that only best for tank spec ?

If you're playing DPS use a focus, If you are playing darkness/KC use a shield. It does work but you are better off getting the force power to do more damage.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the max endurance/crit build still the best for shadow solo ranked? I have that build (although atm through bolster still 700-800 each for def/abs/shield), and I find I'm avoiding and shielding upwards of 30% of all damage. I can imagine that with full tank build, this will go up quite a bit, making it useful again.

Any ideas?