US competitive PvP server

Skillbie

Ruin is horrible and anyone would welcome them on the opposite faction, unless they're horrible too.

The problem is in world PvP you can be 100% awful so long as you got the numbers it doesn't matter these days. There has been a game in years where 2:1 odds on a large scale (IE: 100 people vs 200 people) can be won simply due to game mechanics. Even if the 200 just did auto attack it's more than enough to take down the 100.

That's why in WAR Ruin basically ground Dark Crag into the dirt. Not because of skill, honestly they were terrible, but you don't really need individual skill if you can herd the zerg into the right direction to trample your opponents. Once the Praag merger fell into place Ruin was getting routed regularly because there was actual competition at that point.

It's also why population ratios actually mean something. With Huttball you can easily que up against your own faction so there's always Warfronts to do so all that will ultimately end up mattering is World PvP where numbers mean everything.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Brutality's premade was pretty much unbeatable, I beg to differ.

Faction, you never pvped anyways. You're no advocate for pvpers.

Yeah, except by pugs:

http://i.imgur.com/Mgs2S.jpg

UNBEATABLE PVP PROFESSIONAL MASTERS.

You and your guild were and are nothing but people with way too much time on their hands to pump into grinding Warzones against level 10's in the beta - truly pathetic that you put equate time invested to skill so heavily. That I can dominate so hard against your group when I had 0 PvP gear and apparently "never pvped" is telling. But you can pretend you were "The Best" on the forums!

Edited by CHRISGG

guilds with high number of players means they recruited anybody that wanted to join, they all are garbage except for like 10 people, and plan on zerging.. Sorry, thats not competitive PvP, thats just a p*ssing contest.

Space Blasters on rolling on Hedarr Soongh, Republic... and there will be competitive PvP on that server.

Good day.

Yeah, except by pugs:

You and your guild were and are nothing but people with way too much time on their hands to pump into grinding Warzones against level 10's in the beta - truly pathetic that you put equate time invested to skill so heavily. That I can dominate so hard against your group when I had 0 PvP gear and apparently "never pvped" is telling. But you can pretend you were "The Best" on the forums!

Where you headed Faction?

The problem is in world PvP you can be 100% awful so long as you got the numbers it doesn't matter these days. There has been a game in years where 2:1 odds on a large scale (IE: 100 people vs 200 people) can be won simply due to game mechanics. Even if the 200 just did auto attack it's more than enough to take down the 100.

That's why in WAR Ruin basically ground Dark Crag into the dirt. Not because of skill, honestly they were terrible, but you don't really need individual skill if you can herd the zerg into the right direction to trample your opponents. Once the Praag merger fell into place Ruin was getting routed regularly because there was actual competition at that point.

It's also why population ratios actually mean something. With Huttball you can easily que up against your own faction so there's always Warfronts to do so all that will ultimately end up mattering is World PvP where numbers mean everything.

EvE allows a group of good players to trounce larger groups in a variety of situations. I've personally won devastating victories while heavily outnumbered.

guilds with high number of players means they recruited anybody that wanted to join, they all are garbage except for like 10 people, and plan on zerging.. Sorry, thats not competitive PvP, thats just a p*ssing contest.

Space Blasters on rolling on Hedarr Soongh, Republic... and there will be competitive PvP on that server.

Good day.

The problem with that theory is that those big guilds come and go but the population tends to always stay high. I can't count the number of games that everyone rushes to play, then 2 months down the line you start to see massive population drops (for whatever various reasons) it's really only those big servers that are still enjoyable after any length of time.

Deal with the short term issues to have long term enjoyment.

Yeah, except by pugs:

What's that the one match you ever won? I would have saved that SS too. It just proves that you saved it as a trophy.

And btw it was a "pug", Acedia wasnt in our guild.

Faction, ppl didn't even know you existed in WZs. FYI.

Edited by Nyghoma

You use WAR in your example. In WAR, there were plenty of small guilds dedicated to zerg busting. You could quite realistically take on groups 4 or 5 times your owns size in that game.

Kind of a bad one to use as an example. SW:TOR is designed fundamentally differently of course, but it has been proven time and time again that unorganized zergs of idiots can and will fall to much smaller groups.

What's that the one match you ever won? I would have saved that SS too. It just proves that you saved it as a trophy.

And btw it wasn't a "pug", I'm friends with Microwave and he was running a 50's premade in that wz, you just got lucky that you were in their queue.

Lol.... You should stop posting before you embarass yourself more. :rolleyes:

And btw it wasn't a "pug", I'm friends with Microwave and he was running a 50's premade in that wz, you just got lucky that you were in their queue.

Microwaves on your team in that SS. I screenshotted it because you lost to a pug and I killed your entire team by myself.

LOL! At least you've got the counter argument of "Well, you didn't grind Warzones in beta like I did!! I played a lot guys!! CHECKMATE"

Have fun in obscurity on Anchorhead, Nyghoma!

Edited by CHRISGG

he was #1 in score, I'd say the premade got lucky

because that's what being good at PvP is all about

A group of very skilled players can easily kill a group double thier size if they are good. Just because you have more numbers does not always mean you will win the fight.

You have the most crack squad organized force in the world of super nerd time players, math is just math. As the numbers in combat scale, the worse it gets for the smaller side. Is 3v6 possible? Sure. Is 10v20 possible? Alright. 50v100? Yikes. 100v200? Good luck.

That is part of the reason why those hardcore, highly skilled guilds keep it small. That environment is where they excel and perform even better.

EvE allows a group of good players to trounce larger groups in a variety of situations. I've personally won devastating victories while heavily outnumbered.

EVE came out when? Again we're talking about button masher, level based, zero consequence PvP here in TOR. Think WOW, WAR, AOC, etc.

You have the most crack squad organized force in the world of super nerd time players, math is just math. As the numbers in combat scale, the worse it gets for the smaller side. Is 3v6 possible? Sure. Is 10v20 possible? Alright. 50v100? Yikes. 100v200? Good luck.

That is part of the reason why those hardcore, highly skilled guilds keep it small. That environment is where they excel and perform even better.

EVE came out when? Again we're talking about button masher, level based, zero consequence PvP here in TOR. Think WOW, WAR, AOC, etc.

100v200 is easy. It's actually easier the more numbers you add, as long as you keep the ratios even.

Yeah your right I'm misreading the board. I'm confused.

That wz was me and Somniferous (who was in his 30s at the time), vs a pug, that had one of our guildies on your side, Soraka.

So technically that wz had no premades. I might have been thinking of another game.

But it doesn't change my OP. I WZ alot and you Faction were a mediocre player at best. Everyone on DM knew that.

Edited by Nyghoma

After looking through all the guilds websites, applications and such, I still think Terentatek has the best guilds with the least zerg guilds mass recruiting baddies. Plus, most guilds there have really good players.

I'm watching that stream bro, thanks for the entertainment.

Yeah your right I'm misreading the board. I'm confused.

That wz was me and Somniferous (who was in his 30s at the time), vs a pug, that had one of our guildies on your side, Soraka.

So technically that wz had no premades. I might have been thinking of another game.

But it doesn't change my OP. I WZ alot and you Faction were a mediocre player at best. Everyone on DM knew that.

It's pretty funny watching you go down the boards, taking random names and trying to save face. I couldn't have made you look worse myself (other than by dominating you so hard ingame, which I did)

In every MMO there's a culture of players who form self-sustaining cliques, where every member talks about how great all the other members are. In truth, none of them are any good, and that becomes evident when they actually go up against people who aren't in their clique--and get annihilated.

looks like you're the king of your own little clique :)