Taris Timeline

Hiruth

I played with a jedi guardian a while back, and arrived at Taris, which was under republic control and it was during the day. Now I arrive there with my sith assasin, with a higher level, and not only is it night but also at least on of the outposts (I assume more, but that's as far as I got) that was under republic control in the jedi storyline is now under imperial control.

So my question is, is there a timeline for the storylines? as in, is a lvl 30 sith assassin, in a way, in the future in respect to a lvl 20 jedi guardian? which would imply that during any of the republic storylines Taris was mostly under rep control, but by the time of the imperial storyline on taris, it was attacked by the empire?

The Republic storylines on Taris occur first. The Imperial storylines occur later.

This is reversed for Balmorra. There the Imperial storyline is earlier and the Republic storylines are later.

So, yes, your level 30 Assassin on Taris is in the future relative to your level 20 Guardian on Taris.

Edited by RDeanOU

If you pay attention to the dialogs you will see that

the Imperial quest givers are specifically talking about destroying the reconstruction efforts of the Republic.

So on your Guardian you were assisting the Republic with reclaiming and rebuilding Taris and now on your Assassin your are assisting the Empire with the destruction of those efforts because Taris was destroyed by the Empire and destroyed it must remain.

As mentioned above, the situation is reversed on Balmorra.

With your Assassin you were consolidating the Empire's hold on Balmorra. With your Guardian you were kicking the Empire off Balmorra and bringing it back to the Republic.

All other planets are in a state of "stale mate".