Eric, Keith and dev team: Please fix the Green Color Crystal!

Talon_strikes

We waited so long for classic Jedi robes and after all these years we finally got them. Today I ask about restoring the Green color crystal like we saw in beta and promotional images. Ever since the game came out the Green color crystal has looked more like Ahsoka Tano's shoto lightsaber crystal, a yellowish-green color, rather than her mainhand with the true Green color.

I also understand there are other Green variants from the CM but none of them are the true Green color except for maybe the Desert Green Crystal, but still it's not the same. You gave us classic Jedi robes after so many years so please give us the deep, sharp Green color crystal we saw before the game's release.

Promo Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Yup3QRrbLI8/TuOoRjY8YsI/AAAAAAAAAyE/3TnYRd6o4MI/s1600/SWTOR+Miralukans.jpg

Green Crystal Comparisons: https://i.imgur.com/4Fq5UbK.png

Current Green Crystal vs. Proposed Green Crystal (by reddit user benowillok): https://i.imgur.com/NDA1mR2.png

Edited by Talon_strikes

• 3 months later...
Sorry for the necro. I know the coronavirus is a bad time to be making requests but... This is really important. Just don't forget about this issue. Green has always been my favorite lightsaber color, but I had to use blue in this game because none of the greens are very good. Some people might not think this is worth looking at, since they've already spent credits and/or CC on Mint Green, Desert Green, and then more CC to unlock in collections. But it'll be worth it.

Sorry for the necro. I know the coronavirus is a bad time to be making requests but... This is really important. Just don't forget about this issue. Green has always been my favorite lightsaber color, but I had to use blue in this game because none of the greens are very good. Some people might not think this is worth looking at, since they've already spent credits and/or CC on Mint Green, Desert Green, and then more CC to unlock in collections. But it'll be worth it.

How many more green crystals can they make? Exactly how can they make a green that you may like?

All they've gotta do is give us an actual, vibrant green. No ugly yellow blob over it (default green). No green core. Not blue-green (mint green). Desert Green as I've said is the closest, but it's too light, maybe too much white.

OP's pictures illustrate what I'm looking for nicely.

Desert Green does look good on thinner blades like Tempted Apprentice (based on Luke's ROTJ, I think, go figure), but not on standard sabers.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

All they've gotta do is give us an actual, vibrant green. No ugly yellow blob over it (default green). No green core. Not blue-green (mint green). Desert Green as I've said is the closest, but it's too light, maybe too much white.

OP's pictures illustrate what I'm looking for nicely.

Desert Green does look good on thinner blades like Tempted Apprentice (based on Luke's ROTJ, I think, go figure), but not on standard sabers.

tbh, the green core, & beta look the same to me, might be a resolution issue, or something else that on your computer is different than mine.

Green Core has potential, but the core is green instead of white. You can easily tell if you turn off the bloom. Bloom is turned off in the preview window, for some reason. Here you can also see how yellow the default green can get.

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

If we could have this, we'd be good:

Current Green Crystal vs. Proposed Green Crystal (by reddit user benowillok): https://i.imgur.com/NDA1mR2.png

Glad You used my image (second one) :p

That's why i stopped to use Green lightsaber, i use Blue. In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order i see they follow SWTOR rule to ruin green lightsaber. I don't want to see another green in cartel market. I wish to see they change regular green to this from screenshoots (beta) and put old one in vendor for credits. It's a shame they changed beta one and now trying to imitate good one in CM shop. Just see Jedi Consular when we craft first lightsaber cutscene how good this color looks like, and be disappointed when u turn lightsaber on.

Desert Green as I've said is the closest, but it's too light, maybe too much white.

Desert Green is close but colors are washed. U need 3rd party program or change gamma in screen.

Beta SWTOR or cutscene of Consular where we craft green one is perfect for me.

Edited by tummiswtor

• 1 month later...
I was looked via google one of swtor images, and accidently found this https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/57409000/jpg/_57409518_theoldrepublic.jpg

Perfect beta green lightsaver color. Same like we can see in trailers. Changed to this yellowish green that we have since launch. :confused:

i vaguely remember an issue long ago where the dev's had fouled one (or more) of the color palates, and it may have happened more than once, so the issue may have more depth than most might normally consider.

In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order i see they follow SWTOR rule to ruin green lightsaber.

I noticed that as well. Luckily, there is a modding tool that allows one to change the blade color and glow, so I'm able to have my perfect green. Too bad we can't do the same in SWTOR. :jawa_mad:

I noticed that as well. Luckily, there is a modding tool that allows one to change the blade color and glow, so I'm able to have my perfect green. Too bad we can't do the same in SWTOR. :jawa_mad:

That's the first thing i did. I played with blue but soon found tool to mod Fallen Order crystals. Immersion is much better

Edited by tummiswtor

Please, devs. We need this. The default green is more of a yellow-green. We need actual green!

Also, an assault cannon that uses the VL-10 ST blaster rifle sound effect and a pistol that uses the E-1 Enforcer Blaster Rifle sound effect would be ideal too.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

i vaguely remember an issue long ago where the dev's had fouled one (or more) of the color palates, and it may have happened more than once, so the issue may have more depth than most might normally consider.

Agreed, it seems like less of a "we can't think of the right color" issue than a "poor graphics work, foresight, or display" issue. It might have looked great for adverts and early testing of the game's graphics, but something about bright green lights comes up in everyone's displays wrong.

Edited by MagicTerror

• 2 months later...

Thnx for giving my thread some visibility! I'm glad I'm not the only one. BW pls fix. We want a true Green :(

Edited by Talon_strikes

Green is after white my favorite lightsaber color and i was quite happy with desert green and green core, those two combined (desert green just more saturated, same color as green core but without a green core)

desert green+tempted apprentice=almost flawless:)

Thnx for giving my thread some visibility! I'm glad I'm not the only one. BW pls fix. We want a true Green :(

OK, but what if *my* "true" green is different from *your* "true" green?

(And I'm not going to even mention the difficulties of matching colours across different screens, even different ones of the same make and model. What happens when you get that "perfect" green, and then your screen dies, and that green looks like puke on the replacement?)

OK, but what if *my* "true" green is different from *your* "true" green?

(And I'm not going to even mention the difficulties of matching colours across different screens, even different ones of the same make and model. What happens when you get that "perfect" green, and then your screen dies, and that green looks like puke on the replacement?)

By "true" green I clearly mean what's shown in the op. Surely you don't think the current green actually looks anywhere near like the beta green. The current green looks more like a yellowish-green (or in this case greenish-yellow), like the Star Wars character Ahsoka Tano's off-hand shoto lightsaber, when it should look like her mainhand which looks like the beta green.

Your second point is moot. Purely anecdotal.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Check out the Advanced Sea Green it may be the Green you're looking for.

You likely mean the Desert Green. That is likely the closest we'll ever have to the beta green unless BW fixes it. Desert Green is the closest but isn't perfect due to the core having more white in it.

• 2 weeks later...