Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

drdarpa
02.14.2012 , 08:03 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Sounds awfully rampant to me. Especially when all the quitters say the same thing. And I'm trolling?
You are trolling. You are demanding that other players be forced to conform to people that lack skill. If the game didn't push a "win the warzone" mentality, the problem may or may not go away.

A punishment will be answered in kind. If you bads find a way to convince bioware to reward your poor playing with punishing players like me who enter intending to compete to win, I'll restrict myself to my nightly premades, and in the morning when I'm forced to play with you bads, I'll happily find a corner to sit in and press the space bar every minute and a half while I sip my coffee and read your QQ about the problem you created. Vote out makes no difference either. The chances of you replacing me with a player in poor gear are much higher than the chances of you replacing me with a player in equal gear. Meanwhile you bads will continue to lose, and you'll cause the good players to only play premades.

Whatever floats your boat, bad. Trolls and crybabies like you have to have something to cry about or life is incomplete.

Talcyndl
02.14.2012 , 08:08 AM | #502
I think my new response will be sending emails to all the quitters after we win the match without them.

Just last night I won 3 matches after 2 - 3 people quit each time. Face it quitters - you often have no idea what is going to happen in a match after a minute or two. And by the time a loss is assured, you might as well get the commendations so you can buy heal kits to help your quitter self next match.

karcyon
02.14.2012 , 08:13 AM | #503
Losing a Warzone grants one of the 8 people in your group a Champ/BM bag. So you have a 1 out of 8 chance to get a bag every time if lets say you have 4 or more medals. Done! The Warzone commendations are just not enough.
Forcing them to stay, with a debuff, is also not good enough! It will just create a AFK problem.

Vydor_HC
02.14.2012 , 08:17 AM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Seanimus View Post
The most obvious fix in the world for this problem and the win not counting problem for OVER A MONTH NOW has been to change the daily to MATCHES PLAYED, instead of matches won.

Then just implement an easy report AFKers system and we're good.
This is the best approach. What they have done is made it beneficial to quit, when they tie matches won to character development. If they simply changed it to X matches played or X won, then quitting a warzone would be a hinderence to character development. Plus they could add in some bonuses for playing on an undermanned team, increase valor and credits while your team is out numbered, medals for playing an amount of time short handed, etc. That way, if someone quits, they would only be hurting their development time, while giving bonuses to the people they abandon.

Howanda
02.14.2012 , 08:18 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by drdarpa View Post
You are trolling. You are demanding that other players be forced to conform to people that lack skill. If the game didn't push a "win the warzone" mentality, the problem may or may not go away.

A punishment will be answered in kind. If you bads find a way to convince bioware to reward your poor playing with punishing players like me who enter intending to compete to win, I'll restrict myself to my nightly premades, and in the morning when I'm forced to play with you bads, I'll happily find a corner to sit in and press the space bar every minute and a half while I sip my coffee and read your QQ about the problem you created. Vote out makes no difference either. The chances of you replacing me with a player in poor gear are much higher than the chances of you replacing me with a player in equal gear. Meanwhile you bads will continue to lose, and you'll cause the good players to only play premades.

Whatever floats your boat, bad. Trolls and crybabies like you have to have something to cry about or life is incomplete.

As long as they try idc about the gear, lmfao.

Vydor_HC
02.14.2012 , 08:18 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Talcyndl View Post
I think my new response will be sending emails to all the quitters after we win the match without them.

Just last night I won 3 matches after 2 - 3 people quit each time. Face it quitters - you often have no idea what is going to happen in a match after a minute or two. And by the time a loss is assured, you might as well get the commendations so you can buy heal kits to help your quitter self next match.
Most likely they quit due to some of the reasons people have been talking about, ie bad connections, real life, a call from guildmates to join them...etc.

BrianFa
02.14.2012 , 08:34 AM | #507
How about BW first gets rid of the extra man exploits and the afkers and botters?

The extra man exploit is extremely easy to do. (I am shocked it is not more common)
There are also known speed hacks that make huttball a futile undertaking.

And when people report someone afk it is very easy to find them, they are the guys standing in the corner somewhere and hiding in boxes in huttball.

Solve that problem and then we can consider leaver penalties.

All I know it should not take me 4-5 hours to complete my warzone dailies because the exploiters, afkers and bots are not being dealt with.

Jesmcalli
02.14.2012 , 08:35 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
lol ok Dr Phil.

Valid and the facts are as followed,

1 person should not be the reason a game is lost due to them leaving.

How can you prevent that?

Punishment.
If a team nosedives because one person left, chances are they were going to lose anyways. I've had quite a few wins with 1-3 people down at start. Heck, as rep on my server, that's how most games start.

Beddo
02.14.2012 , 08:35 AM | #509
..They could just be leaving for a free trip to fleet.
Philo Beddoe - Sentinel
Infinity Squadron
Keyboard Masher

Zatanic
02.14.2012 , 08:38 AM | #510
Who cares if you can leave or not, then you will just afk until game is over. Taking a step or 2 every minute or so, just not to get kicked.