Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DON'T use Sonic Wall/Guardianship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
DON'T use Sonic Wall/Guardianship

Torvai's Avatar


Torvai
11.02.2016 , 04:00 AM | #1
Just a headsup for all fellow Guardian/Jugg players. The mentioned utilities should not be used ever.

The reason beeing, there's a bug(or at least I think it's a bug) where this utility interferes with sorcs Barriers, Operative shield probes and even the reactive warding relic effect. Interferes in it just overrides them and makes these effects useless. And you don't want to override a Static Barrier that absorbs 10k, or a Shield Probe that absorbs 13k damage with a tiny 800 damage absorb.

Just because I was reading around on Dulfy and saw that it's mentioned in almost every Guardian/Jugg guide there. So I thought I mention it here.

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
11.02.2016 , 04:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Just a headsup for all fellow Guardian/Jugg players. The mentioned utilities should not be used ever.

The reason beeing, there's a bug(or at least I think it's a bug) where this utility interferes with sorcs Barriers, Operative shield probes and even the reactive warding relic effect. Interferes in it just overrides them and makes these effects useless. And you don't want to override a Static Barrier that absorbs 10k, or a Shield Probe that absorbs 13k damage with a tiny 800 damage absorb.

Just because I was reading around on Dulfy and saw that it's mentioned in almost every Guardian/Jugg guide there. So I thought I mention it here.
It's a great advice but honestly i prefer if BWA move their as*es and fix this. While i sure can swap my reactive warding relic with a shrouded crusader and only use scream when static barrier has fallen and i have the deionized debuff it's not fun.

Torvai's Avatar


Torvai
11.02.2016 , 04:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
It's a great advice but honestly i prefer if BWA move their as*es and fix this. While i sure can swap my reactive warding relic with a shrouded crusader and only use scream when static barrier has fallen and i have the deionized debuff it's not fun.
Sure, but as long as it's not fixed, people should know this

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
11.02.2016 , 04:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Sure, but as long as it's not fixed, people should know this
No doubt about this. In the meantime I encourage everyone to spam bug reports in game to make sure this gets fixed promptly.

ChrisSamuel's Avatar


ChrisSamuel
11.02.2016 , 06:04 AM | #5
Thank you very much for this post. If anyone reading this has a twitter/Facebook account why not post about this problem there.

And developers please fix this!

NepomukLP's Avatar


NepomukLP
05.01.2017 , 02:43 PM | #6
Is this bug with reactive warding relic and static barrier still existing?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
05.02.2017 , 03:14 PM | #7
This feature is still here. Casting/proc'ing a new "shield" overrides whatever existing shield you currently have.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
05.12.2017 , 10:39 AM | #8
ugh. Glad I never take this one.

BenduKundalini's Avatar


BenduKundalini
02.05.2019 , 06:12 AM | #9
Necessary necro : has this been fixed ? Haven't tanked in ages and I'm going to respec a couple Juggs into immortal...
And I use Reactive Warding relic on all my PVE chars (even DPS, especially as serendipitous assault or focused retribution are useless because of level sync caps) and when this was reported, Sonic Wall/ Guardianship destroyed that relic's damage-soaking proc...

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
03.02.2019 , 08:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Necessary necro : has this been fixed ? Haven't tanked in ages and I'm going to respec a couple Juggs into immortal...
And I use Reactive Warding relic on all my PVE chars (even DPS, especially as serendipitous assault or focused retribution are useless because of level sync caps) and when this was reported, Sonic Wall/ Guardianship destroyed that relic's damage-soaking proc...
Yeah, I'd love to know the answer to this as well
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.