Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Tank 5.10

KendraP
12.05.2018 , 08:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordarion View Post
KendraP thanks again!!

Here are my current 5.9.3 numbers just for comparison sakes. All gear 248 and Augments 236...
Mastery- 8063
End- 9443
Power 4307
Crit- 1749
Alacrity- 791
Def- 99
Absorb- 0
Shield- 0

Are we really saying keep Def, Shield, and Absorb all this low for 5.10 PvP?
If skanking works for you, sure. I assume the 99 def is from a tank stim.

I only started running my tank set because my speciality is stalling 6 on 2 or so with my healer at one node while my 2 other friends go off stealing the others. Killing anything is actually bad in this case as, once the enemy player is no longer focused on blindly tunneling me or my healer. He might actually go try to stop my guys from capping.

But i also wouldn't bother tanking without running with a healer (there are a grand total of about 3 healers i bother tanking for), so what works for me might not be ideal for everyone else.

If you have a pve tank set, test it yourself. The only way to know what works best for you is to try it yourself after all. If you do not run with a dedicated healer you trust and don't want to dps, then yes I would run a skank.

Mordarion
12.05.2018 , 11:40 AM | #12
Kendra your advice is excellent as always, thank you.

The 99 Defense is from a stim and I think based on some of your commentary it helps if I am more specific.

I am looking for optimal TRanked Rating Gear. I have an excellent healer and we are still sorting our DPS options (Darth Malgus server is anyone is interested). So I need to be sturdy but also do some damage as clearly killing in an Arena is fairly important.

Thus back to the question, what stats are optimal for TRanked Ratingas, as I am just not convinced one way or another yet.

Thank you again... /bow.
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

KendraP
12.05.2018 , 01:12 PM | #13
Kendra your advice is excellent as always, thank you.

The 99 Defense is from a stim and I think based on some of your commentary it helps if I am more specific.

I am looking for optimal TRanked Rating Gear. I have an excellent healer and we are still sorting our DPS options (Darth Malgus server is anyone is interested). So I need to be sturdy but also do some damage as clearly killing in an Arena is fairly important.

Thus back to the question, what stats are optimal for TRanked Ratingas, as I am just not convinced one way or another yet.

Thank you again... /bow.
For ranked probably skanking. Ranked is ultimately a race to see who can kill who faster. I don't do much ranked, but the survive an onslaught outnumbered factor is far less relevant.

Mordarion
12.10.2018 , 01:46 PM | #14
Thank you again KendraP!

So back to Skanking in TRanked... what stats for 5.10 PvP?

What among Defense, Absorb and/or Shield even work in PvP and how well?

Thank you as always!
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

KendraP
12.10.2018 , 03:05 PM | #15
Thank you again KendraP!

So back to Skanking in TRanked... what stats for 5.10 PvP?

What among Defense, Absorb and/or Shield even work in PvP and how well?

Thank you as always!
Honestly for Tranked, depending on your team, you could probably stick to straight damage stats.

If you were trying to survive outnumbered for a prolonged amount of time, you might notice a survival increase from shielding crits. But for ranked, actually killing stuff is far more useful.

5.10 isnt changing anything about the way any of the stats work, and i seriously doubt the slightly higher tank stats are going to make a massive difference in the status quo.