BW I beg you... never follow Blizzard with the CM

Elminster_cs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a better request would be to not fall into the same downward spiral of power creep that inevitably results in stuff like this being desired as Blizzard has. Something like this has been a long time coming in WoW, and it's the product of a fundamentally broken game design more than people being lazy or greedy or what have you.

So yeah, if they avoided that, that'd be great.

I'd say a better request would be to not fall into the same downward spiral of power creep that inevitably results in stuff like this being desired as Blizzard has. Something like this has been a long time coming in WoW, and it's the product of a fundamentally broken game design more than people being lazy or greedy or what have you.

So yeah, if they avoided that, that'd be great.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1K29N/that-d-be-great/image.png

I think when a game as ancient as WoW hits a certain point, people just want to get to the "good stuff." I don't play WoW, but I can't imagine how mind-numbing it must be to grind 90 levels. Just the prospect of that would keep me from playing. Knowing that I'd have to put so much time in and then might not even like what I get at the end. So, I think this option is fine for a game like that.

SWTOR is still far too young to consider such things. People WANT to play the stories here. There is plenty to do pre-55. Now, when (yes, I said WHEN) this game is 10-12 years old and there's more end-game content and such, maybe this would be a consideration. Who knows what it will look like by then? But I'd still rather have the stories, anyway.

To be fair, they're raising the cap to 100 soon, and they aren't going to let you bump to 100. It actually took me longer to get from 85 to 90 in MOP than it did for me to get fro 1-50 in swtor before there were any XP boosts.

As someone who's played WoW since 2006 and has just about every character maxed or near max, there's a certain exhaustion with trying to level all your alts past certain very outdated zones that you've gone through 10 times before. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably bump up a character.

I think they could have solved that problem in a better way, though.

To be fair, they're raising the cap to 100 soon, and they aren't going to let you bump to 100. It actually took me longer to get from 85 to 90 in MOP than it did for me to get fro 1-50 in swtor before there were any XP boosts.

As someone who's played WoW since 2006 and has just about every character maxed or near max, there's a certain exhaustion with trying to level all your alts past certain very outdated zones that you've gone through 10 times before. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably bump up a character.

I think they could have solved that problem in a better way, though.

So, you're okay with getting charged for the base game, two expansions and then getting charged for the right to skip 90% of the stuff that they just made you pay for?

I've got a bridge with your name on it.

So, you're okay with getting charged for the base game, two expansions and then getting charged for the right to skip 90% of the stuff that they just made you pay for?

I've got a bridge with your name on it.

If you actually read what I typed you'd have the answer to that question, which apparently isn't what you think it is, lol.

Half the fun of the MMO is the leveling, and getting the gear.

in SWTOR leveling is pretty fun, they wrote a good story & it has nice voice acting. Usually for me leveling is just something in the way of me getting to end game, but his is the 1st game where I have actually enjoyed leveling.

Leveling in WoW is punishment for unnamed sins. It's tedious, boring, repetitive & all in all one of the least enjoyable leveling experiences out there.

If I was still playing wow, I would buy up those things in a heartbeat. For SWTOR, I wouldn't touch something like that.

in SWTOR leveling is pretty fun, they wrote a good story & it has nice voice acting. Usually for me leveling is just something in the way of me getting to end game, but his is the 1st game where I have actually enjoyed leveling.

Leveling in WoW is punishment for unnamed sins. It's tedious, boring, repetitive & all in all one of the least enjoyable leveling experiences out there.

If I was still playing wow, I would buy up those things in a heartbeat. For SWTOR, I wouldn't touch something like that.

The funniest part about it? They spent years and millions of dollars to update their 1-60 content not so long ago. They crowed about it to the heavens and neglected a good part of their end-game content in one of their expansions to make it a reality...

And now they're saying "You know what? Screw it, give me $60 dollars and we'll let you skip all that crap and let you go straight to end-game."

The funniest part about it? They spent years and millions of dollars to update their 1-60 content not so long ago. They crowed about it to the heavens and neglected a good part of their end-game content in one of their expansions to make it a reality...

And now they're saying "You know what? Screw it, give me $60 dollars and we'll let you skip all that crap and let you go straight to end-game."

Yeah, I was there for that. It ended up being marginally better than the complete cluster f*ck that it was before, but it was still really really bad. I mean you can polish a turd all you want, but at the end of the day its still a turd, just a bit more shiny now.

How many level 90's you got?

Wow's leveling is awesome. You can choose many paths to level!

You are also not limited to one area/planet to quest in.

BOA gear makes leveling so fast and with the new friend invite at 300% xp boost makes leveling with a mate so fast and fun.

I just finished leveling my BH to 50 which makes class story 8 done to gain galactic champion achieve.

It was the worst leveling experience I have ever had.

Seriously number 12 alt at 50+ makes grinding planet quests a fall asleep at computer factor not to mention paying about 1 mil to get the percs for pvp, quests, exploration, FP's, mail, repair bot and speeder at lvl 10.

In wow, spend those unused justice points at an heirlooms vendor for BOA that levels with you and bang, questing is so much fun and quick.

I have 3 level 90's on alliance and 1 on horde. Leveling number 5 now and still enjoying the quests because I have many options to take to level.

Moral of this little rant....

If Biofail just let me get to level pre 2.0 50 / post 2.0 55 with as a level 50 legacy perk, I would not have burnt out from the planet quests, mega grinds and hours waiting for a queue in GF plus I could have gotten the required class needed like just recently my ex guild needed a guardian tank so having a boost to 55 would have helped.

TL: DR - Having a boost to 55 in SWTOR would not be bad if legacy at lvl 50 and WoW has many paths to level instead of being forced to grind planet after planet or wait for long GF queues.

Edited by keitzy

How many level 90's you got?

Wow's leveling is awesome. You can choose many paths to level!

Not really....you have a few different choices of zones in most cases, but it's all mostly the same in the end - go to exclamation point, follow map to objective, kill things, go back to question mark.. And it is not awesome when you've done every zone multiple times. That's why most people would rather use dungeons and battlegrounds to level.

Swtor's leveling bonus is actually getting a good story. However, if you've done them all, then I wouldn't want to to go through it again either, other than the Agent story which I could do again at any time.

and incidentally I have 2 90s and I have 7 characters stuck in Northrend and Cataclysm...because I just can't bare to level any more, it's so painful.

Edited by chuixupu