Due to the bad Roadmap for 2014 what are your plans ?

fushnchips

Looks like I might purchase Wildstar, You might ask why do i want to play some cartoon looking game well it looks fun and has decent development and hopefully content. This really is a dark day for SWTOR it's a real shame I wanted to invest more $ but I can't see a good future now hang on where is the time machine so I can fix this problem.

Now please keep this thread clean and within the rules.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that roadmap is so "bad" that I think I'll just keep right on subscribing and playing way too many hours every week.

Why would you want to invest more money? Investing money is something you do in a stock or mutual fund.

In a game, you play it because it's fun. It's not a financial investment. It's an expense.

Or were you thinking of buying EA stock but this latest roadmap leads you to believe that you would do better investing elsewhere?

Edited by DarthTHC

The roadmap is better than I expected. I was thinking a few flashpoints, another operation and a warzone was all we were likely to get beyond GSF updates. But sounds like they have more than planned.

Won't stop me trying new MMOs of course, but I doubt I'll leave SWTOR completely.

I renewed for another 8 months in early January so it's not like I can go anywhere, so to speak.

Either way, depending on how much I enjoy the content, I may remain as a subscriber or go preferred, when it finally runs out. Still, here's hoping I love the new flashpoints... You can never have enough reasons to return to Korriban or Tython.

EDIT:

Am I the only who noticed that Shae is in the image, on the main page, concerning the Road Map? Maybe she's finally making an appearance? One can hope. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'll be continuing my 6 month subscription as planned.

I'll also be purchasing Wildstar and playing it casually as planned.

The roadmap did not change my plans in the least. Other than HM DF/DP lasting longer than I was hoping, I think the roadmap looks good.

I plan to stick with SWTOR till September-ish when i can play the 3rd Beta weekend of The Repopulation. then i may drop my sub with my dad since that game is F2P with a purely cosmetic cash shop type thing. The Repopulation will be like the most amazing game of 2014 IMO. but we will have to see.

Back to the subject of SWTOR and this roadmap, it actually isnt that bad. Considering Bioware hasnt been too good on telling us how they are going with the game, The new flashpoints on Tython and Korriban sound interesting, i hope they will be in Tactical format and 55 HM Format. Im tired of playing through the same Athiss, Mando Raiders, Cadmimu, and CZ-198 55 HM's, could we get like the old level 50 FP's turned into like 55 NIM Flashpoints? i kinda would like some MORE flashpoints that we can do at 55. these current ones are really getting old. Kuat sounds fun enough, but i would like a second one with this new Kuat... But i guess i will have to wait till April, and... oh, i get my wisdom teeth out in early april... fun... Im really excited to see what they do with the new Huttball WZ on Quesh. i just hope that there isnt too many poison traps and such...

also i hope these new Digital Expantions, will not be monetised, this game has plenty of revenue coming in, and i also hope for an new level 60 cap for this game, 55 to me feels like a really odd level cap...

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

The roadmap doesn't look "bad" to me at all. I'm quite looking forward to what's in store--especially 2.8.

Yeah, /agree.

Premise of thread is wrong IMO as it prosecutes a personal judgment as basis for ground rules for posting in the thread.

On topic.... I'll be playing SWTOR....for all of 2014. Thanks for asking OP.

Yup, liking what I see so I'll stick around too.

Hell, I'll even sub for the next 180 days despite being unemployed.

But it'll sure be nice to see some people go...

Edit: also:

As I write this we are actively developing all of the above as well as PvP Seasons, new Flashpoints, new Operations, new gear, performance improvements, and changes coming to Classes. Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Yeah, sure seems like we'll get nothing at all this year :rolleyes:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

The roadmap doesn't look "bad" to me at all. I'm quite looking forward to what's in store--especially 2.8.

/disagree.

I'll be playing Wildstar or ESO, whichever one is better, for the rest of 2014 when they come out. Thanks for asking OP, I totally agree, it is a bad roadmap.

There are always a few people that get far too dramatic about this stuff. If you don't want to play the game, then move on and go play something else. Everyone doesn't need to sit around in a group therapy session talking about their feelings about the game and staring into crystal balls to try to predict the future. Play the game until you stop enjoying it, then move on.

Honestly, "Bad" is relative. I am looking forward to what is coming in 2014

I'll keep playing SWTOR. Why? Because I enjoy it. (And I still need to finish recording the class stories.) I'm just not interested in ESO or WIldstar. Wildstar looks too much like WoW in space. And, I know that all the people hyping up ESO will get mad when they realize that it's nothing like the other Elder Scrolls games.

The ONLY game that MIGHT pull me away from SWTOR would be StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (IF it comes out this year.) And whatever games I buy on steam.

/disagree.

I'll be playing Wildstar or ESO, whichever one is better, for the rest of 2014 when they come out. Thanks for asking OP, I totally agree, it is a bad roadmap.

And here we have a prime example why getting Bioware to communicate with us is like pulling teeth. Because stuff like this happens.

2 DLC or Digital xpac on 2014 sound good. Is a good roadmap, even when they are just talking about the 2.7 update and a teaser of a big one (2.8), cant wait to know something about those 2 DLC coming this year. Sure, it will be a hard year with TESO and Wildstar, but we know how this MMO works, people will try the new games, play a month or two, then quit to go back to their old games.

And here we have a prime example why getting Bioware to communicate with us is like pulling teeth. Because stuff like this happens.

People say stuff that they end up not actually pursuing fairly often. Just yesterday, I said I was going to shave my heard and look like Riddick in Pitch Black, because I lost a bet but after all, I ain't in no hurry really. :cool:

If I weren't so excited at seeing the plot returning to a focus on Empire vs Republic, I would probably think 2.7 was looking pretty light (especially since it seems we've shifted to a 9-week schedule now).

But, I am extremely excited to see the plot focusing back on the war! Between the Tython/Korriban FPs (I agree with what someone else said in that i hope they're Tactical FPs) and the Empire vs Republic setting for Kuat Drives, I'm really looking forward to this "next big storyline".

Definitely resubbing.

Preordering Wildstar.

I log on once a week to clear HM DF/DP and log off and play something else. If half a year of waiting is all SWTOR is going to give to the PvErs, then I don't think I want to play the game.

Is there really any reason for them to stagger NiM DF/DP anyhow? Let's face it, NiM is literally going to be maybe one extra mechanic plus a boss damage/HP boost. Does it really take them that long to slap it on the PTS and call it a day? They don't even have to introduce any new assets. Sheesh.

If we're lucky, we'll see a new op that isn't basically recycled content by August. Best-case scenario. And that's a loooong ways away :(

My favorite part was when they quietly added in the mention of a double XP weekend. What a kick in the crotch. "We know we don't have anything new to give you, so why don't you level your 10000th alt? IT'LL BE FUN!"

Edited by Beslley