being in a grp for harder content

lately I finally found some people to go for dreadtooth 5stacks and up,,even during the long wait time it takes to get 24 people of explaining everything needed,,once everyone is there someone just right away without warning jumps it and of course we all wipe,,,get back,,explain again and with the now buff on everyone wipes again,,then wen the grp finally works out we get it down to 30-20% then the big wipe from the reflect,even after saying 50 times before and during the fight to stop,,,,dxunn,,,same thing with the huntmaster,,,people didnt read,care,or listen before and during the fight causing many wipes,,everyone getting mad on discord as the culprits dont answer why,,,then,,ec hm,,,again,,,during storm and firebrand,,multiple times the fight was discussed and during the fight,,the same people cause a lot of wipes,headaches,,,and just laugh it off or something else,,,my point is,,you think that during the wait time before an event happens that would sink in,,or during the fight on voice,or ops chat it would be clear how to proceed but 1-2 keep doing the same errors,,,

like the rackghoul heroic where not 1 person interupts the rock throw,,,how is it so hard?

a few years ago it wasnt like this,,1 time op revision and thru it everything goes smoothly,,now? almost an entire bottle of advil is needed,,,i take it these are the same new players crying about even sm vengance wen its the easiest of them all,.,,,i`m just venting,,,seems the only comptetant grps im able to find all seem to ask for 100`s of millions to even go with them,,

Edited by easyandrew

Back in the day.... ok I am going to go there... "A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away..."

The storyline content of swtor was harder than it is today, probably close to the level of a Heroic 2+ as it is now. So in order to progress through the storyline content, players had to give thought to their gear, rotations, skills, fight management/CCs/interrupts.

Heroic and Ops content were steps up from that level, but for the most part they were linear progressions, with people being used to the idea of boss fights involving specific mechanics, and just having to take on-board the slightly more complex details, and not having to be told "don't stand in the fire/glowy circles on the ground".

Now, the vast majority of the player base has either not been around long enough to remember those fights, or they have grown fat, lazy, and forgotten those details, being used to just wading in and spamming a basic rotation to wade through stories.

Having to co-ordinate for group content, and be more effective than just "spam basic or other attacks as they come off cooldown, and let the companion pick up the slack" is suddenly that much harder and beyond even a lot of veterans who should know better.

its generally not a good idea to do large group content in pug groups, cause you will find randoms on fleet who, much like you if you are a fleet random, won't be a good player, will struggle with reading, doing mechanics and provide low numbers

join any of the large guilds and join the activities that these guilds arrange, saves you a lot of time, effort and frustration

Back in the day.... ok I am going to go there... "A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away..."

The storyline content of swtor was harder than it is today, probably close to the level of a Heroic 2+ as it is now. So in order to progress through the storyline content, players had to give thought to their gear, rotations, skills, fight management/CCs/interrupts.

Heroic and Ops content were steps up from that level, but for the most part they were linear progressions, with people being used to the idea of boss fights involving specific mechanics, and just having to take on-board the slightly more complex details, and not having to be told "don't stand in the fire/glowy circles on the ground".

Now, the vast majority of the player base has either not been around long enough to remember those fights, or they have grown fat, lazy, and forgotten those details, being used to just wading in and spamming a basic rotation to wade through stories.

Having to co-ordinate for group content, and be more effective than just "spam basic or other attacks as they come off cooldown, and let the companion pick up the slack" is suddenly that much harder and beyond even a lot of veterans who should know better.

Couldn't said it better.

This is also one of the reason why I hate the new story progression.

• 3 weeks later...

they really should make story/vet/master phases, i'd love to go through the storymode of the game on a much harder difficulty than it is now, as xp is way too easily obtained..