Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible for new classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Possible for new classes?

SanctusBurgreen
06.23.2015 , 11:29 PM | #1
I was wondering if it would be possible to introduce new classes later on as the game develops to include more choices in the start, like, for example, a lot of people wish to play as a Imperial Trooper, which later on you can have them join a spec ops like how the Pub trooper joins HAVOC. Another class to balance would be a SIS Operative for the Republic. Troopers can use a standard battle rifle or cannon and the SIS Agent can have a rifle and a sniper. Just a thought.

SithKoriandr
06.25.2015 , 08:18 AM | #2
I'd rather see new AC options that include different weapon models.

A bounty hunter that uses the cannon!

An inquisitor/consular that uses fights (not just holds) a single bladed light saber.

A knight/warrior that uses the double bladed light saber.

A trooper and agent that can use a blaster pistol.

However, if they ever did a new class, I'd love to see an ex-Jedi/ex-Sith class. A class that uses a blaster pistol, the force and a light saber!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

SanctusBurgreen
06.26.2015 , 10:41 PM | #3
That does sound awesome. Especially the Ex-Jedi/Ex-Sith. Just give them a story line that is a little like a rouge element. I still would like to see a playable Imperial Commando trooper and a SIS Agent though. But great suggestions

Couver
06.26.2015 , 10:59 PM | #4
It's possible but it'll never happen.

SanctusBurgreen
06.27.2015 , 12:33 AM | #5
Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell and solve our questions. All we can do is twiddle our thumbs and hope. Maybe use some force persuasion here and there but nonetheless we wait. Heh.

Nightblazer
06.27.2015 , 12:45 AM | #6
the reason why it most likely will not happen is because of all the voice acting and script they would have to write and create, not just animations or cinematic. I'ts a huge project. And if they did it would be years down the road. Look at how long it took them just to make and release the game.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

nikaj
06.27.2015 , 11:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
the reason why it most likely will not happen is because of all the voice acting and script they would have to write and create, not just animations or cinematic. I'ts a huge project. And if they did it would be years down the road. Look at how long it took them just to make and release the game.
Not entirely true. They could easily expand on the AC to give vet players a breath of fresh air and a entirely new challenge. I'd love to see a Paladin Consular, Saberspear weilding knight focused more on aoe. Dreams....

Makrogai
06.27.2015 , 02:18 PM | #8
Maybe at max level trooper can defect like Tavus did at Ord mantell. You say that you dont believe the republic cant win another war, then there will be another NPC that tries to hunt you down. None of your crew members will listen to you so you defect to the empire alone where you build new allies and rebuild the Shadow fist (The most elite unit in the empire)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

shavage
06.28.2015 , 04:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nikaj View Post
Not entirely true. They could easily expand on the AC to give vet players a breath of fresh air and a entirely new challenge. I'd love to see a Paladin Consular, Saberspear weilding knight focused more on aoe. Dreams....
I would absolutly love a saber spear. Always wanted to weild one since i started this game.

LandisKan
06.29.2015 , 04:01 AM | #10
More likely for SWTOR 2. Or maybe we'll get lucky and get a SWG2 instead.
I TCP/IP but mostly IP.