Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rarest/most abused/most needed in end-game classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Rarest/most abused/most needed in end-game classes?

tmercury
06.28.2015 , 06:15 AM | #1
Hey, everyone.

Sorry for mirroring threads, but the Roles one doesn't seem to get enough visibility.

Just starting on SWTOR after a couple of years' pause and never moving past the first Fleet visit. The title says it all, pretty much - I want to choose a class (or a couple of classes) that will be useful in high-end content (priority on PvE).

I'd also like to know which classes are abused in terms of number of players using them, and which ones are considered as being most difficult to play.

Any advice/response will be welcome and appreciated.

Usif
06.28.2015 , 07:02 AM | #2
Powertechs are very strong tanks atm and easy to pick up and they also have some decent DPS options for PVE. If you were looking for a well rounded class I'd say them, if the play style suits you.

Sorcerers are also pretty good all rounders too.

Most difficult are probably:

Innovitive-Ordanance Mercenary: (Best single target DPS in the game atm)

Lethality Operative: (Not super hard but you have to really work to squeeze 100% out of the class it's 10m melee class so operations are hard on this to focus on mechanics and juggle your timers/energy.)

Annihilation Marauder: (Probably the highest DPS for a melee, same problem as the operative being a melee class)

Newyankalt
06.28.2015 , 11:57 AM | #3
Everybody plays Sorcs and Marauders.

I'd go with Powertech they're beast right now and a blast to play, and whenever I look at the "who" screen there's only a 4 or 5 per a planet of multiple instances and maybe 80 total people on the levelling worlds

KevMeup
06.29.2015 , 02:39 AM | #4
AP Powertechs are an absolute blast to play and under utilized. Get the speed and hold the line buffs from your tree and you feel very little of the "melee pain", even in pvp. I do 13k crits in pvp and 15k in pve often. They make excellent tanks as well, so you'll have options.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

tmercury
06.30.2015 , 03:03 AM | #5
Thank you for your replies, guys. Looks like this thread can now be closed and forgotten =)