New player, LF Server?

Calairian

I am new to playing SWTOR, but not new to MMO's...

I have played WoW for many years and looking for something different, not that it is much different, but SWTOR offers something new.

I typically play late at night 9-12PM pst and I am trying to pick a server that is not dead. It looks like there is quite a few LIGHT pop servers... including the one I made my FREE WEEKEND charater on.

I just bought the game a few days ago, and I am up to 15. But I see a problem with finding other players on this server.

Can anyone recommmend a high pop server, specifically one that is high pop at night, and what faction I should go with.

Thanks

If you're in the EU, the server The Red Eclipse seems to be the busiest on the PvE front currently. I've rolled a toon on the Republic side there and the population of the places i've been too seems pretty healthy across the board.

Personally I'm hoping the upcoming server transfers bring some people back to Frostclaw - what was the busiest server at launch leading to lots of people rerolling elsewhere because of queues in the first couple of weeks.

Thank you all... Very helpful.

Looks like Harbringer is what I looking for now. I'm west coast and looking for a carebear server.

Any recommendations on a faction? Or where to find the % of the population?