Best crafting for sniper

kaischris

Hello everyone new player here! I started with cybertech and have it up to 280 but after doing some research it appears there isn’t a reason to craft cybertech since you can purchase better mods / enhancements from vendors... the exception being grenades which you could purchase on the GTN.

I’m debating switching to Biotech for the cooldown meds / stims. As far as I can tell is this the only “exclusive” crafting ability? I have people suggesting synthweave would be better for the critical armor augments but couldn’t I just buy those on the GTN? I’m a bit of an optimizer and though I plan to play mainly PvE I still want the most optimized gear.

So my question is can I go Biotech for the cooldown stims then just purchase all the other required crafter gear? Or is there another reason to stick with a different craft?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

What vendors sell better mods and enhancements??? You craft blues (and purples if you really want) , but I have only seen vendors sell green quality.

IMO, Cybertech is probably a good choice, but Armstech will allow you to build blaster barrels, so that is pretty darned useful.

I have a stable of alts with all the crafting skills, so I make what I need when I need it. I have sets of legacy bound armor set up that I pass around as toons level up.

Have six toons for six crafting professions. Give Biochem to your main toon.

Professions have no relations to classes, apart from possible head-canon issues, like tech class doing artifice, but that has no impact on crafting itself.

Case closed.

Biochem is pretty good, particularly on a main, since you can use the reusables or self craft the consumables. Just be ready for a heafty grind to unlock the reusable because you need a ton of mats.

Synthweaving isn't a bad choice either for the critical augments. Unless you're a healer, you'll likely only be using these, and on Star Forge they sell for about 5 million each. It's cheaper to craft them yourself with gathered mats.