HM Denova: Colonel Vorgath (Minesweeper) Is it more of luck in order to beat boss?

I just wanted to know if any guilds out there has managed to complete this boss while killing 4 prob droids on hard mode without the turrets enraging? We get halfway into killing the 4th prob droid and then get one shorted by the turrets.

It seems the only way to beat this boss is if we only have to kill 3 prob droids when an excellent mine pathway has been formed randomly, which is stupid because it means the only way to beat this boss relies on luck rather than skill and organisation. If that is the case then this is a badly designed flaw in this boss' mechanic.

Edited by Chuts

If the turrets are enraging, either your puzzler is not spawning the droids fast enough, or your DPS aren't killing the droids fast enough. You should be able to kill four droids and get to the turret disarm switch before the enrage; five droids is probably too many. Sometimes you get lucky and only need three to get across, but that's relatively rare.

On our last run we had to defuse 4 mines. It was hard, but we pulled it off with 3 seconds left on the enrage timer. (!)

Our man in the tower uncovers as much of the pathway as possible each round. He was also out searching for the fourth droid while were still killing the 3rd one, so we were able to switch from #3 to #4 almost immediately.

:)

4 probes is the norm. Me and my guild 1 shot it every week with 4 probes. Sometimes we get 3, but it's very rare. We have never had turret enrage issues.

I myself do the puzzle at the top - and I can assure you the puzzle-clicker should have absolutely 0 downtime until the entire puzzle is discovered. As soon as your puzzle-clicker makes a square yellow for diffusing they can start bringing out the next probe.

Edited by Chaori

Confirming that this is easily doable with 4 probes and not hitting turret enrage.

They key to this is speed: speed in killing the probes and activating a new one. Assuming DPS is sufficient (which covers probe DPS) your puzzle person should be activating the next probe right after he makes the square yellow.

If you're fast on the puzzle, and still run into enrage issues with 4 defusals, the issue is with your raid DPS.

Our man in the tower uncovers as much of the pathway as possible each round. He was also out searching for the fourth droid while were still killing the 3rd one, so we were able to switch from #3 to #4 almost immediately.

Why is the puzzle solver bringing out another droid while you are fighting one when they need to diffuse a field after the previous one dies? Lol

your puzzle person should be activating the next probe right after he makes the square yellow.

^ This

Edited by Chaori

We usually clear it with 4 probes. You can speed thing up by sending 3 player up top at first : one to kill the add, one to get the probe out, and one to click on the puzzle.

^^^^ THIS!!

To give it to you in a nutshell, you have to maximize the time that a probe is on the ground. There should be little to no time spent on the minefield when you are NOT fighting a probe. Some pointers to get this done.

1. Initially we send 3 people in the tower. As a tank, I will start uncovering cells immediately, to find the optimum path. One ranged dps will hit the probe-finder button immediately, holo down, and find a probe. The third melee dps will kill the add and go back down. When our ranged dps finds the probe and is teleported back to the tower, he takes down the next elite AND fights the probe from the tower (since he is ranged). By this time, I have uncovered enough of the puzzle to know where to place the yellow cell marks.

2. When you mark a cell yellow from the tower, immediately click on the probe-finder button. It takes 8 secs or so to actually channel the button, so while your team is defusing the bomb downstairs, you are starting the probe fetch in parallel. If you time this right, you will be teleported down just as they are done defusing.

3. When you uncover a probe, try to aim for the probe closest to the raid. This way, no time is lost in travel for the probe, and sometimes if the probe is too far it might disappear on you guys.

You haven't asked for the later part of the fight, but here are some pointers to how we do it:

[Note, turrets are un-ccable in hard mode].

Initially everyone jumps to the cave side of the map. This is done so we are farthest from the turrets, which will appear at 75/25%. When the turrets appear, half the raid takes out only the turrets on the south side. I keep the turrets on the north side aggroed on me. Everyone is still dpsing the boss.

If another set of turrets comes up at 25% (sometimes they do, sometimes they do not for us), then we kill the north side turrets this time (since I bring them close to 0 health, but do not drop them before this). I now aggro the south side turrets and keep them on me, while the raid still dps the boss.

Hope that makes sense.

Well it should be doable with 4 probes, no problemo.

And it would be, but lately we have been running into some oddity, where whenever the puzzle solver is coming down to the minefield to spawn the last probe, he gets put back to the tower as soon as he wants to spawn the probe. Now, usually there is also an add that spawns when the puzzle solver gets put back. Sometimes we are lucky and the add bugs out and doesnt attack, so the puzzle solver just has to come down to the minfield, run to the last probe and can then finally spawn it. Not that much time lost and usually we can complete the encounter with 4 probes even with that happening.

However, if the puzzle solver has to also get rid of the add when he gets teleported back we usually hit turret enrage.

Lastly we have been getting this so consistently that we developed the strategy of cc-ing both assassin droids, having one sniper run back just before the last probe is spawned so he can help killing the add with orbital strike - if it doesn't bug out and needs to be killed.

I have seen threads where people reported this as a bug, however I haven't seen what can be done to prevent it.

But, yeah, if you don't have this bug, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a 4-probe solution solved without the turrets enraging.

Why is the puzzle solver bringing out another droid while you are fighting one when they need to diffuse a field after the previous one dies? Lol

I'll have to ask him during our next run (I've never been up the tower).

But I believe he started searching for the next droid shortly after we began combat. He found the droid right about the time we finished off the current one, then popped back to the tower and diffused the next panel. The tank went into the yellow mine panel while the other 6 focused on the last droid.