What do you want for X-mas from SWTOR Claus?

finelinebob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think that's just a poster from the "Toys For Hutts" campaign. :D

I could make a joke about that Gault guy being one hórny devil, but that would be bad. So I won't.:p

^ This guy's on fire.

Alright I guess I'll chime in: I want a music box (useable item) that will play a holiday tune and at the end of the channeling spring a baby ewok with a candy cane and hat.

Since "a crafting system that works" has already been mentioned I think that leaves me with the traditional number of wishes:

1. To be able change my Advanced Class

I've done the whole "delete and start over" thing and that's fine if your character is a teenager but it is a pain if they are in their thirties or forties and their abilities still don't suit your playstyle. This is especially true if you've invested a lot of time, effort and credits (not to mention love and affection) in the process.

People change careers all the time (I've done it twice myself) and only in SWTOR and Paranoia are you forced to kill yourself and activate a new clone.

2. To have the option not to decline and/or to dismiss some of our companions

I understand BioWare doesn't want us to be able to kill our companions (though Maker knows we all have one or two we'd like to kill) but forcing us to endure their existence can undermine the 4th pillar and can ruin the our experience of that class. For example I stopped playing my Bounty Hunter because I was forced to accept Gault into my crew when it was something my character would never do and because I find him incredibly annoying.

So why can't we a) have the option to decline a companion when they offer to join and b) have the option to dismiss them at any time thereafter if we decide we don't like them? It doesn't even have to be permanent: they could simply say "well I'll be hanging out on <insert name of cantina> on <insert name of planet> if you change your mind" and then wander off to sulk. I appreciate we probably can't dump the first companion because they tend to be woven into the class story but I'm sure the other companions could be made optional with just a few changes (since all the non-class stories already have conditions for them not being there).

3. To have BioWare and take themselves and SWTOR more seriously

Above all else I would love to see BioWare demonstrating that they actually believe and care about two things: a) that this is a Star Wars game and b) that that galaxy is on the verge/has just descended into a war.

I love starting a new character with the classic opening (which gives me goosebumps every time). The class stories (at least the ones I've tried) are great; the world quests are generally strong; and although the side quests can get a little silly they are, on the whole, fine. Unfortunately thereafter BioWare seemed to have made an effort to trample all over the franchise, their own story and the game's internal consistency. The longer this continues the worse the parody becomes.

Even before the advent of the Cartel Market this was already an issue: plague circles during during the Rakghoul World event; rakling pets; the whole scavenger hunt event; pretty much all end game armour models; juke boxes, rhythm droids and party bombs; etc. However since the inception of F2P it has descended to new depths: party jawas; ball toss; throne mounts; certain new lightsaber colours; certain adaptive armours; the scavenger hunt elements of the HK-51 quest; anniversary fireworks and the imminent Christmas themed Cartel Packs.

It seems that the much hyped 4th pillar is ignored whenever it might get in the way of something "cool" or "awesome" looking; it might require more work; or it might simply be inconvenient. I guess what I'm really asking for Christmas is SWTOR instead of WoW in Space.

Edited by Sunjammer

I use Skadge for target practice. Does that count?

I wish SWTOR Clause would bring me the promised Cathar so I can start lobbying for Voss as the next playable species;

I wish he (?) would release SGRAs so my Big Gay Sith can get on with his story;

and I wish for server transfers (free would be nice but I'll pay if I have to). Who'd have thought I'd pick three starting servers at launch that all merged to three different destination servers? :rolleyes:

-appearance tab, because I want to wear something else than Rakata, without loosing the set bonuses I grinded for. Especially for this cool looking green headset unavailable as a modable item. I understand we have to grind for stuffs, but customization, at least a basic one, should be granted for all level. The orange system is both annoying and while never compete with appearance tab. However, it would be great alongside an appearance tab.

-casual wear. I'm tired of having only one casual wear in the game. 3 if you are female and count the slave clothing.

-miniguns. Some looks a bit like minigun from the side, but none of them completly looks like one. However, they can be seen in clone wars and "the return" SWTOR trailer. Lore friendly, and cool looking.

-SGR. Seriously...

-housing. Real housing, not "you have a ship where you can't do anything" kind of housing. An EQ2 like housing would be perfect, but a LOTRO like would be enough.

-something nice from my collector edition, ingame items. The party jawa is the kind of item I was expecting. Not the training droid. Something worth the price we paid.

1) Paid server transfers

2) Free / paid legacy name change

3) Mini in-game competitions / games (e.g. pod racing)

4) Option to drop the hood

5) "Barber Shop" with greater cosmetic options like longer hair for female characters (e.g. the bounty hunter assisting Malgus in the SWTOR Trailer) to name one

6) Open / Almost unrestricted Space Travel

7) More, Many more end game Flashpoints linked to Star Wars canon

8) Increase level cap (Im a sucker for Star Wars stories; I aint too proud to say)

9) Planet Mandalore

10) Homes / Abodes for characters belonging to a single legacy for credits or cartel coins

11) Legacy-wide access Cargo space

12) Same faction PVP

1) A reason to visit planets after lvl 50 (class/planet story hard mode/nightmare mode? :D )

2) Pod/swoop racing

3) Be able to customize my armours color, lightsabers hilt etc

4) Some really cool armours, crystals, speeders, pets etc

5) More story(chapter 4,5 and 6?)

6) Guild vs guild battle

7) More races, wookie/jawa jedi :)

8) Biological mounts

9) Be able to fight our companions, I really want to teach Kira a lesson sometimes. She wouldn't do so much dumb thing if she had my lightsabers in her back...

10) PvP space battles :)

Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

1. Cantina Jukebox for my ship with all the tunes so i have sg to listen to while browsing my ship gtn.

2. Sabacc and pazaak mini games.

3. 3d space combat.

4. The ability to assign a crew job to certain companions i dont use. basically sending em out to keep doing certain missions till i feel i have enough mats. without having to stop and assign new missions.for diplomacy just pick LS missions and they will keep doin LS missions. who woulldnt love this for when you log out come back 12 hours later to few stacks of the mats you need.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

A world event where we all get to gather and watch (at zone specific times that of course) the orbital stations get blown up Alderaan style along with a commemorative piece of station debris and portable video available on the Cartel Market. This way we can sit around our legacies like any decent sire teaching those who come after about those times before the conveniences of the modern world. The kids will never get just how easy they've got it and the utter pain it was just to get to your local store on Hoth or Belsavis to buy a packet of stims. Dark times...