Top dps spec and BIS gear

UcigasRoman

What i can surely tell u is that Snipers and Mara are best DPS. Sorcerer got buff in 2.0 but still can't compare to pure DPS classes. Assassin is bad in 2.0, i'd say.

So, now u forced to chose between Sniper and Mara.

Mara - mDPS

Sniper - rDPS

Who is putting more damage? Hard to tell since we have very few parses.

You can also try Operative lethality DPS... http://www.torparse.com/a/186886/34/0/Overview

Don't ask me how O_o. I'm curious myself :p Either he is very geared and good or the class is now just actually better and BW did a good job.

Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter, and when you factor in how much extra uptime ranged classes get, to how much more raid utility classes like Marauder have. It becomes much less favorable to be an Operative.

Not to diminish the person in that parse they probably play their class well, but even conservatively speaking you can say if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.

Edited by FROIDBUSTER

Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter, and when you factor in how much extra uptime ranged classes get, to how much more raid utility classes like Marauder have. It becomes much less favorable to be an Operative.

Not to diminish the person in that parse they probably play their class well, but even conservatively speaking you can say if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.

That is not a 4k DPS encounter. That is Dread Master Styrak in 8-man Hard mode and around ~2-2.5k dps in our current gear. Possibly the hardest and strictest encounter in the game right now in terms of DPS >_< That is a pure single target sustained/burst fight. Almost non-existent AoE. He also did NOT have the marauder bloodthirst buff. (you can check and Ctrl+F for bloodthirst in the logs tab).

The only thing we don't know is how his gear looks like.

if they were any other dps they would easily be pulling 1k more dps on average.
Please check torparse.. SnV > Styrak > 8man HM/NIM > Dizella (representing op dps lol), he/she is currently 3rd below 2 Marauders :

Marauder 2.6k

Marauder 2.5k

Operative DPS 2.5k

His/her total damage done is around 1.2 million, which is the same numbers Marauders are putting out, in this specfic fight (in my guild at least). Would be nice to hear from him and find out what his gear looks like, as well as what kind of sorcery he is doing lol

Anyway offtopic...!:jawa_tongue:

Edited by paowee

Operative DPS has been buffed pretty significantly in 2.0, but sadly they were generally so far behind prior to this that they still aren't ahead of the top specs. Right now I would classify them as very viable and competitive, but still a bit shy of Mara/Sniper DPS (on average, of course).

Please check torparse.. SnV > Styrak > 8man HM/NIM > Dizella (representing op dps lol), he/she is currently 3rd below 2 Marauders :

I had a few minutes, so I checked the other fights too. For 8m HM, he's

#2 on Thrasher (2658)

#2 on Dash'roode (2635)

#5 on Cartel Warlords (2492)

#5 on the Op Chief (2324)

#11 on Olok (1907)

(for what it's worth, #1 Writhing Horror, #2 Dread Guard, #7 Operator, #4 Kephess the Undying, #1 TFB, and I feel a bit like a stalker)

He does some serious work. Good for him.

Problem is many other DPS are pulling 4k~ on that very encounter

The top 8m HM parses on torparse for that fight are 2.6k. The top 16M are in the 2.4k range. If you have some 4k parses, I'd love to see them to figure out how to improve.

Edited by namesaretough

It makes me curious now how Operative Lethality DPS works. Because when i try Hybrid as a Sniper in Styrak i do a lot less damage.

MM = 1.1 million with Bloodthirst, Lethality Hybrid.. 750k with bloodthirst. Then there is an Operative DPS who hits 1.2 million as Full Lethality (and no bloodthirst too). :eek:

It would be nice to see people who have success as DoT spec in this fight XD. There is one Hybrid guy in torparse but he is in the European server.

Edited by paowee

I had a few minutes, so I checked the other fights too. For 8m HM, he's

#2 on Thrasher (2658)

#2 on Dash'roode (2635)

#5 on Cartel Warlords (2492)

#5 on the Op Chief (2324)

#11 on Olok (1907)

(for what it's worth, #1 Writhing Horror, #2 Dread Guard, #7 Operator, #4 Kephess the Undying, #1 TFB, and I feel a bit like a stalker)

He does some serious work. Good for him.

Aye! Great work on his Operative DPS!

Although it might be worth taking a second look at some encounters where certain guilds use certain strats that end up clumping the bosses or adds for AoE (intentional or not). For example the top parses in HM DG Council right now involve AoE on all 3 bosses at the beginning of the fight. That is their raid leaders choice and nothing is wrong with that. Some guilds on the other hand prefer to pull them out and not AoE (so as to not activate that encounter's specific mechanics).

20:13:16.827 XS Freighter Flyby 4513 elemental No Heirad

20:13:16.827 9s XS Freighter Flyby 4513 elemental No Ciphas

20:13:16.827 9s XS Freighter Flyby 7265* elemental Yes Kel'sara

23:40:50.170 14s Death from Above 1018 kinetic No Heirad

23:40:50.170 14s Death from Above 1793* kinetic Yes Kel'sara

23:40:50.171 14s Death from Above 993 kinetic No Ciphas

19:30:53.835 5s Orbitalschlag 3829 Elementar No Heirad

19:30:53.835 5s Orbitalschlag 3829 Elementar No Kel'sara

19:30:53.835 5s Orbitalschlag 3829 Elementar No Ciphas

Cartel Warlords: some of the parses involve stacking Tuchuk with Horic which leads to AoE and nice looking numbers. Villus teleports all over the place so you can't count on him to stay under that Orbital or Smash or DFA. Sunder... well ofcourse you don't want him anywhere near anyone :p

Same thing can be said to an extent for Titan-6. Some guilds allocate one Sniper on AoE duty, other guilds say 'what the heck' and just lets everyone AoE the probes down.

In the end DPS is DPS no matter how you flip it. Any AoE done (especially on the adds) only means that your raid can get BACK to the boss that much faster.

Just my 2cents:o

Edited by paowee

Hi all)

My dps is high probably because I'm good geared atleast for my guild . Got 69/72 with old setbonus with backstab crit . And new set bonus shiv crit . Got 10/14 epic skill augments . Mh/oh both are 72lvl. Got 3270 main stat 300 crit 291 surge 0 alacrity.

-Very good points about individual group strategies-

I hear ya. We normally have 7(!!!) flybys in our 16 man raids (4 gunslingers, 2 scoundrel healers, 1 scoundrel dps), as well as 3-4 mortar volleys. You just keep your fingers crossed and hope you get 2 ticks of flyby in on those phases.

Hi all)

My dps is high probably because I'm good geared atleast for my guild . Got 69/72 with old setbonus with backstab crit . And new set bonus shiv crit . Got 10/14 epic skill augments . Mh/oh both are 72lvl. Got 3270 main stat 300 crit 291 surge 0 alacrity.

Even accounting for gear, your numbers are impressive. It's really heartening to see operative DPS putting up numbers competitive with snipers(!) and marauders.

So has this turned into an Operative discussion now?

I've been an advocate in my guild for the engineering spec, but I like the changes they made to marks, using Ft after everything gives it way more burst. Haven't played around with lethality too much as it REQUIRES the 4pc set bonus, and i don't have 4 of those armorings yet. From what I've seen, most of these fights are situational though and different specs seem to accel at each fight. (Not saying there's ONE best spec per fight)

And an op rotation is easy in dps, HS-WB-CG-CD-Cull( x2 or x3 depending)-Shiv(once you have no TA)-Cull

And orbital and backstab both used on coolodown.

i see some people getting tons of crit. it goes against what the math people say that power > crit point for point :-\.

and these people with crit do good raid parses too. i'm only sure of 0 crit build for MM. but for lethality, hybrid and especially engineering, i'm still unsure what the best stats are.

Edited by paowee

Snip.

To answer your question about how op dps works.

I played around on my scoundrel for a bit and I think it revolves around their cull. Instead of getting a free Takedown, they get a change for a free Cull. I am by no means an expert, but the ability to put 4 Culls out in 4 GCD's can be pretty powerful.

Yeah I was playing around with it Op dps yesterday, you can get like 7 culls off in one full corrosive dart(18sec), if you open with Hidden Strike, and use stim boost (which I do not like how they reworked) since shiv almost always will give you two culls now.

If it isn't difficult, you can call the stats and what relics you use

I have

24% crit with 67 CR

70.74% surge

Rest power

Have cunning augments.

Have dread guard click power relic and serindipitous assault power proc relic (elite pvp one)

:)

I have

24% crit with 67 CR

70.74% surge

Rest power

Have cunning augments.

Have dread guard click power relic and serindipitous assault power proc relic (elite pvp one)

Thank you :)

You have 70.74 Surge. If I receive so many surge, at me accuracy falls. Now I have 100.07 accuracy, but only 68.13 surge.

To answer your question about how op dps works.

I played around on my scoundrel for a bit and I think it revolves around their cull. Instead of getting a free Takedown, they get a change for a free Cull. I am by no means an expert, but the ability to put 4 Culls out in 4 GCD's can be pretty powerful.

some guildies are playing round with op dps. i havent tried it (and frankly don't have time to level another toon), but from what i hear the playstyle is similar to PT pyrotech DPS. Lots of instants, dots and cull spam ofcourse.

I have

24% crit with 67 CR

70.74% surge

Rest power

Have cunning augments.

Does Lofu run with 2/2 in Ravager or does he go with 0/10/36? Also what stats does he have?

Edited by paowee

Thank you :)

You have 70.74 Surge. If I receive so many surge, at me accuracy falls. Now I have 100.07 accuracy, but only 68.13 surge.

Sorry forgot to put in the accuracy.

I have 98.53 .. I'll up it when i can get the BIS accur enhancements.. thats why my surge is high atm.