Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR 6.0 Guide Mercenary DPS Arsenal / Innovative ordonance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
SWTOR 6.0 Guide Mercenary DPS Arsenal / Innovative ordonance

sebakonkol
04.06.2020 , 02:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
So with Arsenal 2374 is the max cutoff for total alacrity if you are going for the Alacrity build versus the Critical hit build? Right now I have 800 Alacrity so even though I am not optimized perfectly yet as I just started playing again after a long break, my toon is leaning heavily towards the high Crit build. What is the perfect cutoff for the crit build then, 600-650 alacrity and the rest in Crit?

I have wondered if Iíd like a high alacrity build now. In the past I always did like the faster channels and attacks with high alacrity builds, but right now I am finally having some success hitting decently hard now after working on gears for the past 3 weeks so donít want to mess anything up while also wasting millions of credits getting different augs etc etc.
2374 alacrity is 1.3 GCD for Arsenal and Carnage right now
You`ll be left with about 2100crit with good augs, so about 37% crit chance
But Concetrated Fire buffs your crit chance upto 47%
So you can have higher crit chance than most classes (which has no alac buff, for example my PT with perfect stats has 44-45% crit chance with 3.3k crit) and higher alac treashold at once

high crit build is mentioned in this guide, but its unreachable, so you waste few alac points on it
also you don`t want to go too high with crit, because it becomes less efficient at some point (I think its 3.5k max), so you will prob need to put some mastery augments if you go for it

chaosmadness
04.06.2020 , 08:17 AM | #12
Tks for the guide, was looking for a Merc guide and found only this one updated

Shobs
04.08.2020 , 10:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
My toon is leaning heavily towards the high Crit build. What is the perfect cutoff for the crit build then, 600-650 alacrity and the rest in Crit?
For 1.4 second global cooldown, you want to hit 1213 alacrity points if you run a spec that doesn't get an alacrity boost. For arsenal, which gets a 3% boost, you want to hit 7.15% alacrity. Sorry but I don't remember exactly how many points this is with the 3% buff. Make sure you hit these targets. Anything under, and any points in alacrity are a waste. Too much over is also a waste. You want to hit the threshold without going over too much. With all the R-1 R-2 R-3 etc. variations of enhancements, it's actually quite easy to hit these targets exactly using many different combinations, once you've stockpiled some alacrity enhancements on multiple alts.

Lhancelot
04.10.2020 , 07:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shobs View Post
For 1.4 second global cooldown, you want to hit 1213 alacrity points if you run a spec that doesn't get an alacrity boost. For arsenal, which gets a 3% boost, you want to hit 7.15% alacrity. Sorry but I don't remember exactly how many points this is with the 3% buff. Make sure you hit these targets. Anything under, and any points in alacrity are a waste. Too much over is also a waste. You want to hit the threshold without going over too much. With all the R-1 R-2 R-3 etc. variations of enhancements, it's actually quite easy to hit these targets exactly using many different combinations, once you've stockpiled some alacrity enhancements on multiple alts.
Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by sebakonkol View Post
2374 alacrity is 1.3 GCD for Arsenal and Carnage right now
You`ll be left with about 2100crit with good augs, so about 37% crit chance
But Concetrated Fire buffs your crit chance upto 47%
So you can have higher crit chance than most classes (which has no alac buff, for example my PT with perfect stats has 44-45% crit chance with 3.3k crit) and higher alac treashold at once

high crit build is mentioned in this guide, but its unreachable, so you waste few alac points on it
also you don`t want to go too high with crit, because it becomes less efficient at some point (I think its 3.5k max), so you will prob need to put some mastery augments if you go for it
Thank you!
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Lexhorn
05.24.2020 , 11:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dark-Leitsim View Post
This is "my" options of stats and rotation for this current version of the game.

Sample Rotation Arsenal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F4BBoHEsYI

Sample Rotation Innovative Ordonance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwB6xq-5wBs

Guide Stats & Rotation Mercenary/Commando English/Francais:
https://sites.google.com/view/jarah
Many thanks for this guide, very well done! Merci beaucoup !!