Noob mail question - warning message when attaching items to mail

hazardrat

Probably an utterly noob question, but I've been getting a warning message when attaching items to emails I'm sending to my alt's:

'mailing <itemname> will prevent it from being traded to other eligible characters. proceed?'

It's doing this on everything - materials, items i've crafted, equipment, etc

Does anyone know how stop this from appearing? :rak_02:

cheers

This seems to be a new bug. Usually you only see that message if you're trying to mail something you harvested (like credit boxes from slicing nodes) while you were in a group. But now we're seeing it every time we try to mail anything that isn't already legacy bound. It's a bit annoying, and sadly there doesn't seem to be any way to turn off that message (unless I missed something in Preferences).

It might be a new feature. WoW recently put something like this in as well. I'm guessing they're sick and tired of dealing with the mass amount of tickets they get from people who can't use a simple mail system correctly.

But little does BioWare know, stupid isn't a cut, you can't put a band-aid on it to solve the problem. They're still going to get tickets daily asking BioWare to return items that they sent to the wrong person because spelling names is hard, and all this little warning message does is piss off other people.

But little does BioWare know, stupid isn't a cut, you can't put a band-aid on it to solve the problem. They're still going to get tickets daily asking BioWare to return items that they sent to the wrong person because spelling names is hard, and all this little warning message does is piss off other people.

You'd think players would know how to spell their own characters name. Hell, just type the first couple of letters of a name, and yours pops up in the list. But then again, these are the same type of people I have to do customer service for who can't go find a book on their own, they have to have me go look for it for them cause you know, laziness/hurry. :rolleyes:

Until they fix that annoying bug, we can still drop off the stuff in the Legacy Stronghold Storage and have the intended alt pick it up. At least it's a workaround.

Unless all tabs on your legacy storage are full like mine are! They need to add more tabs for us to unlock.

I submitted a bug report as soon as I noticed it after the patch but since they have not mentioned this anywhere in the bug forums or known issues thread I'm thinking it might be intended which is dire.

Just mail it. The message is meaningless. The recipient will get stuff.

Okay, good to know. I was gonna test sending a cheap, throwaway item to an alt to see if they received it, and if so, then I could disregard that bugged message. But it sounds like you already tested it.

UPDATE: I personally have tested it and I can confirm we can ignore that pop-up message. Two of my alts have received their stuff without incident.

Edited by Tahirri

Okay, good to know. I was gonna test sending a cheap, throwaway item to an alt to see if they received it, and if so, then I could disregard that bugged message. But it sounds like you already tested it.

UPDATE: I personally have tested it and I can confirm we can ignore that pop-up message. Two of my alts have received their stuff without incident.

Yep, same experience here. I've sent dozens of items in between alts since the bug popped up with no problems. So while the pop-up is a bit annoying, at least you can just immediately close it and go on with things without worry. At least it doesn't break anything!

Edited by AscendingSky

Unless all tabs on your legacy storage are full like mine are!

Simple work around... pick one character and have it pull one tab of the less needed items from Legacy and store them in their personal cargo hold. If you simply have no character with one cargo tab availalble to do this..... as Jeff Foxworthy would say...... "you might be a packrat". :p In which case.. roll one and port to a stronghold at level 1 and make it a mule for overflows from Legacy. :)

They already expanded both Legacy and regular Cargo holds by one tab a while back. I not holding my breath for them to add more. They may tip toe into more tabs at some point, but just like the number of strongholds you can have, they seem to be very cautious, probably to avoid performance problems. The Legacy Storage already takes 5 or more seconds to open the first time after you log in to a character... so I bet there ARE some performance issues with expanding further.

Edited by Andryah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That's not the point. It's a nuisance, and a lot of extra pointless clicks when transferring mats or other items between alts.

It is a major nuisance, but if you hit "enter" on keyboard it counts as a click, so the process isn't as slow as it could be if it required you to actually click.

Does anyone know how stop this from appearing?

Not a way to stop this problem, but the obvious work-around - and just better way all round to transfer items - is to purchase a stronghold and put a Legacy storage in it.

Get the quest from the holo-statue to get some extra decorations.

It only cost 5K credits to purchase Coruscant or D.K. (I think.) You don't need to expand it at all, or decorate it beyond a Legacy Storage and a mailbox (but adding a Cargo hold is nice).

Also, if you visit a publicly listed Stronghold, you can actually access your Legacy Storage, Cargo Bay, mailbox, etc, in that person's Stronghold.

Edited by JediQuaker