The Bounty Hunter’s Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

TheOpf

Well, the sim issue with Retractable Blade is that, if you're following a 15-second rotation, you don't need to watch the debuff. You know that you're going to use Flame Thrower on cooldown, and then the RB debuff will fall off just as Flame Thrower finishes casting. The dot ends exactly 15 seconds after it's cast, and recasting it exactly 15-seconds later doesn't clip the last tick. By not using RB every 15-seconds in the sim, it's losing DPS in an otherwise mathematically perfect scenario. That pushes RB out of its spot in the rotation, and then the priority system starts making sub-optimal choices, which delay more important abilities. In other words, as you said, the sim is assuming minimal human error in refreshing the DoT in a priority system. But the rotation system doesn't rely on recognition of the debuff dropping off to know when to reapply it, so the assumption of human error there in the sim creates a cascading ability selection failure in the rotation that reduces DPS. Of course there's the other problem I mentioned earlier, with the sim using less optimal filler abilities prior to Flame Thrower as well.

Since we know the sim doesn't properly execute the rotation, a possible correction is to run the sim ignoring PFT, and then use the average damage numbers generated along with corrected ability usage numbers to create a DPS estimate. If we assume that the rotation is executed perfectly, no fillers are replaced with Flame Bursts, and Heat Cooldowns are only used every two minutes to maintain the rotation (basically the worst possible simulated scenario for the rotation), then we can know precisely how many times each ability is used.

So, running a 6-minute sim with the Standard AP priority list you mentioned earlier, and the Rakata BiS gear list, I get: ~1542 DPS

If I rerun the sim to use FT on cooldown, rebuild the ability usage numbers using the worst possible case for ability usage in the rotation, multiply with the average damage numbers from the sim (and correct the FT damage output to reflect any changes in the amount of PFT stacks generated), and recalculate DPS I get: ~1549 DPS

So, a small net gain in DPS, which is what would be expected based on the original average damage numbers.

I think you are misunderstanding Filler. Using Immolate before PFT is the same as using it after PFT. Regardless of that, I actually got a bit lost in your response. Let me see if I can make the point. In the sims your fillers are RP (free) and Rapid, HL stands for heat limit it means they take priority when your heat excceeds that point.

Using Rakata BiS, and PFT as my only usage of FT. I see 1548 dps.

Using Rakata BiS, and the Tibetan Candle - 1546 DPS

Using Rakata BiS, and FT on demand regardless of stacks I see 1540 dps.

Using Rakata BiS, and Norse build and PFT - 1469 dps (this is what I figured since Rakata is not BiS for Norse build)

The sim adds the stacks so that FT used on CD will be running with whatever stacks you use. The reason the dps is so close is you actually gain a single FT attack during the rotation if you use it on CD. In ever single test that I ran using FT on demand instead of waiting for PFT equaled a net dps loss of 8 dps. It's not enough for me to say don't use your rotation, but it is not the optimal rotation for a 31pt AP build. The same calculations you are making for an optimum heat management can be used for standard AP rotation.

Each rotation used the same HL (heat limit) restrictions. If your heat goes over 20 RP(Free) and Rapid are used before any other attack.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small clerical issue to report on a very well written guide. Under the section "Optional Talents" for the Survival builds you listed "Hitman" twice...not sure you meant to do this so I'm just pointing this out. I've copied/pasted the lines from the guide i'm talking about so you can more readily find them if this needs fixing :)

(Bounty Hunter) AP Survival Build

(Vanguard) Tactics Max Survival Build

Optional Talents: Combust, Hitman, Steely Resolve, Hitman, Iron Fist, and Prototype Electric Surge are all interchangeable depending on preferences.

Just a small clerical issue to report on a very well written guide. Under the section "Optional Talents" for the Survival builds you listed "Hitman" twice...not sure you meant to do this so I'm just pointing this out. I've copied/pasted the lines from the guide i'm talking about so you can more readily find them if this needs fixing :)

(Bounty Hunter) AP Survival Build

(Vanguard) Tactics Max Survival Build

Optional Talents: Combust, Hitman, Steely Resolve, Hitman, Iron Fist, and Prototype Electric Surge are all interchangeable depending on preferences.

Fixed and Thank you for the compliment.

I don't know if he resisted it or if he had any CD up to negate CC but he took my dart in the face and kept blasting, as for LoS that's kinda hard to do on tatooine =p

I got him down to 50% health before he killed me but that was it.

Like I said I'm used to being able to pop camo and flank the cover classes, but I guess it will get easier once I get PFT when I switch specs at 40.

Those slingers will be crispy critters in their holes XD

That 'slinger took ur Electro Dart to the face and kept blasting 'cuz he prolly activated "Hunker Down" [before u shot] which for 20sec makes him immune to CC when a slinger is in cover. FYI if his cover screen has what looks like two big steel plates around the top edges they've activated Hunker Down. I linked a description for ya

http://www.torhead.com/ability/b4C8Ox4/hunker-down

I ran EV last night, and was in Tibetan Candle. Outside of accidentally overheating on the one where we have to 1v1 people. I had no serious heat issues. I pracitced using rapid shots as my priority every time my heat crossed 20 and (free)RP was down. I am with you Dardack in that the ease with which Norse uses heat and the rotation is fluid is awesome.

The CGC build is more dps, as I can drop things much faster. I was running straight pvp gear except the three pieces of tionese gear that I actually have from pveing occassionally, and was only about 5-10 percent behind our guilds top dps'ers. Granted, weaving Rapid in every single time your heat crosses 20 is pretty tough to remember.

Maybe my skill level or attention level or my gear, I don't know. But I find I do more DPS in HEGC. I was testign CGC and I just dont' have the attention for that tight of heat issues I guess. Personal preference. Since I'm in top 5 at least in my guild with mara's and they have campaign gear and I don't, I figure I'm ok in NORSE.

That 'slinger took ur Electro Dart to the face and kept blasting 'cuz he prolly activated "Hunker Down" [before u shot] which for 20sec makes him immune to CC when a slinger is in cover. FYI if his cover screen has what looks like two big steel plates around the top edges they've activated Hunker Down. I linked a description for ya

http://www.torhead.com/ability/b4C8Ox4/hunker-down

I actually like when they pop hunker down. It means I can get on them and pop HO with PFT and watch them freak and either run away or stand still and take it in the face. If they run away they wasted their Hunker down, and they will die.

I think you are misunderstanding Filler. Using Immolate before PFT is the same as using it after PFT. Regardless of that, I actually got a bit lost in your response. Let me see if I can make the point. In the sims your fillers are RP (free) and Rapid, HL stands for heat limit it means they take priority when your heat excceeds that point.

Using Rakata BiS, and PFT as my only usage of FT. I see 1548 dps.

Using Rakata BiS, and the Tibetan Candle - 1546 DPS

Using Rakata BiS, and FT on demand regardless of stacks I see 1540 dps.

Using Rakata BiS, and Norse build and PFT - 1469 dps (this is what I figured since Rakata is not BiS for Norse build)

The sim adds the stacks so that FT used on CD will be running with whatever stacks you use. The reason the dps is so close is you actually gain a single FT attack during the rotation if you use it on CD. In ever single test that I ran using FT on demand instead of waiting for PFT equaled a net dps loss of 8 dps. It's not enough for me to say don't use your rotation, but it is not the optimal rotation for a 31pt AP build. The same calculations you are making for an optimum heat management can be used for standard AP rotation.

Each rotation used the same HL (heat limit) restrictions. If your heat goes over 20 RP(Free) and Rapid are used before any other attack.

Alright, so, let me try to be more clear then.

The sim cannot accurately gauge the DPS of maintaining a true rotation like the one I've described. This is because the sim cannot be made to execute this rotation, due to the fact that it is hardcoded to maintain <91% Retractable Blade uptime. This causes it to use Flame Burst when it should be refreshing Retractable Blade. The net result is more Flame Bursts, less Immolates, Retractable Blades and (maybe) Rail Shots. Using Flame Burst to replace those abilities results in a net DPS loss. This error in the sim is why you're seeing lower DPS when using Flame Thrower on cooldown.

The issue is that, the sim is hardcoded to not refresh Retractable Blade more than every 16.5 seconds. As you mentioned, this is to simulate the user having to recognize the debuff has fallen off and reapply because they are using a priority ability selection system.

However, if you are executing a heat neutral, 15-second rotation (like the one I have suggested), then you do not have to watch the debuff. You are executing a specific sequence and you know that you must hit Retractable Blade in sequence to maintain maximum uptime. If this rotation was executed in a perfect simulation, it would have 100% RB uptime.

The sim, however, cannot replicate that scenario. It introduces an error into the rotation by delaying Retractable Blade that should not happen in the otherwise perfect simulation setting. This error is the cause of the lower DPS you are seeing when simulating the use of Flame Thrower on cooldown.

Alright, so, let me try to be more clear then.

The sim cannot accurately gauge the DPS of maintaining a true rotation like the one I've described. This is because the sim cannot be made to execute this rotation, due to the fact that it is hardcoded to maintain <91% Retractable Blade uptime. This causes it to use Flame Burst when it should be refreshing Retractable Blade. The net result is more Flame Bursts, less Immolates, Retractable Blades and (maybe) Rail Shots. Using Flame Burst to replace those abilities results in a net DPS loss. This error in the sim is why you're seeing lower DPS when using Flame Thrower on cooldown.

The issue is that, the sim is hardcoded to not refresh Retractable Blade more than every 16.5 seconds. As you mentioned, this is to simulate the user having to recognize the debuff has fallen off and reapply because they are using a priority ability selection system.

However, if you are executing a heat neutral, 15-second rotation (like the one I have suggested), then you do not have to watch the debuff. You are executing a specific sequence and you know that you must hit Retractable Blade in sequence to maintain maximum uptime. If this rotation was executed in a perfect simulation, it would have 100% RB uptime.

The sim, however, cannot replicate that scenario. It introduces an error into the rotation by delaying Retractable Blade that should not happen in the otherwise perfect simulation setting. This error is the cause of the lower DPS you are seeing when simulating the use of Flame Thrower on cooldown.

My point is you will see the same jump in every build because the Norse exceutes a perfectly Heat neutral build. Anyways, we are debating a plus minus of 1 percent. I see your point, and recognize it as a valid argument for a more extensive rotation based on heat management. However, my job in the guide wasn't to show you a rotation and say this is what you have to do every time. It was to give you what the priority rotation is and then give you a basic rundown of a sample rotation. I have no desire to give someone a 5 minute rotation against a boss as that would take all the work and discovery away from the user. I added that you have RS as a filler, and that RP and Rapid are to be used when heat goes over 20 in order to maintain a perfect rotation.

Learning to manage your heat is 80 percent of the PT class. Each rotation will be different because of lag, fight, and skill of the player. I am almost positive that in a five minute fight. Dardack and I who run the same build will end up with about 10 different varying points. My rotation begins Immolate - RB - FB - Free RP. While he runs something slightly different. The end result is we keep the same priority system, but place them in a different rotation. I never use (free RP) except when over 20 heat.

. I will add a note that using PFT on CD if your stack is between 3 and 5 would only cost you (+/- 1%) but would allow you a smoother heat rotation while keeping RB up.

I don't find keeping RB up to be nearly as important as using Immolate and Rail shot whenever they are ready to be used. RB is a lower DPS per CD than both of those, so I am not sure why it's so important to you to keep RB up.

Edited by TheOpf

Maybe my skill level or attention level or my gear, I don't know. But I find I do more DPS in HEGC. I was testign CGC and I just dont' have the attention for that tight of heat issues I guess. Personal preference. Since I'm in top 5 at least in my guild with mara's and they have campaign gear and I don't, I figure I'm ok in NORSE.

CGC is a pain in the arse, but I am too lazy to switch right now haha. Plus I really like slowing people while chasing them with CGC's hits. I find slows to be way better in Huttball when chasing a ball carrier than my 15 percent speed increase. Plus I have gotten a few last minute kills with RS recently so I do see the value of having CGC in pvp.

The heat management is ridiculous for the Tibetan Candle. I keep playing it because I hate when a build has me beat.

My point is you will see the same jump in every build because the Norse exceutes a perfectly Heat neutral build. Anyways, we are debating a plus minus of 1 percent. I see your point, and recognize it as a valid argument for a more extensive rotation based on heat management. However, my job in the guide wasn't to show you a rotation and say this is what you have to do every time. It was to give you what the priority rotation is and then give you a basic rundown of a sample rotation. I have no desire to give someone a 5 minute rotation against a boss as that would take all the work and discovery away from the user. I added that you have RS as a filler, and that RP and Rapid are to be used when heat goes over 20 in order to maintain a perfect rotation.

Learning to manage your heat is 80 percent of the PT class. Each rotation will be different because of lag, fight, and skill of the player. I am almost positive that in a five minute fight. Dardack and I who run the same build will end up with about 10 different varying points. My rotation begins Immolate - RB - FB - Free RP. While he runs something slightly different. The end result is we keep the same priority system, but place them in a different rotation. I never use (free RP) except when over 20 heat.

. I will add a note that using PFT on CD if your stack is between 3 and 5 would only cost you (+/- 1%) but would allow you a smoother heat rotation while keeping RB up.

I don't find keeping RB up to be nearly as important as using Immolate and Rail shot whenever they are ready to be used. RB is a lower DPS per CD than both of those, so I am not sure why it's so important to you to keep RB up.

The comments you make about heat management and fight variety actually sort of bring this back to the point I was originally trying to make by posting this.

Playing AP as a priority system is kind of a beast. You’ve got three 15-second cooldowns, one 9-second cooldown, a 15-second DoT, and 3-self buffs that you have to keep track of in order to ensure that you’re using the right skill at the right time. In addition to tracking your heat and ensuring you don’t overheat yourself. It’s fairly overwhelming, at least it was for me when I was new to the spec.

Playing AP as a true rotation eliminates 90% of that headache, and as we’ve just spent the last page discussing, maintains the same theoretical DPS. Instead of having to track all the cooldowns and buffs, and make quick decisions on what to use as priorities come into conflict, you can execute all high priority moves in a mathematically optimal, and simple to learn, rotation. There’re really only two required conflict decisions. The first is at Filler 2 where you have to determine if Flame Barrage is up and Rocket Punch is (or will be) off-cooldown. The second is at Rail Shot where you have to verify that Charged Gauntlets is up (which it will be ~88% of the time). The methodical rotation, combined with minimal conflict resolution, makes it easier to watch the heat bar, and apply additional conflict resolutions to judiciously convert fillers into Flame Bursts (thus further increasing DPS).

Based on my own experiences, I feel like it would be very valuable for players new to the AP spec, to be educated that, rather than trying to master AP’s priority system, they could simply learn to execute this ability rotation and do just as well.

Retractable Blade

FILLER 1 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Flame Burst

Flame Burst

FILLER 2 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Rail Shot (if Charged Gauntlets up) OR Flame Burst

Immolate

FILLER 3 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Flame Thrower

<repeat>

Of course, you can lead into the rotation however you like. I’m rather fond of:

Flame Burst

Immolate

Flame Burst

TSO Flame Thrower

Or if TSO isn’t available:

Flame Burst

Immolate

Rocket Punch (FREE)

Flame Thrower

Or if you have time to wind up PFT stacks with Flame Sweep and get back to 0 heat before the pull, just lead off with Flame Thrower :).

You realize you are using a priority rotation right ;p. You just have a system that allows you to use your priority rotation. The priority rotation that you use allowed you to come up with your set rotation which works fine in a static fight. In any movement or switches than your priority takes over. That's why we don't use a set rotation.

Your Priority rotation seems to be based on your converstation.

RB - FT - RP (free) - Immo - RS (crit) - Flame Burst - Rapid

When your heat is over 20 than your priority shifts to

RP (Free) Rapid - and nothing else.

Because you priority getting RB up over getting FT at 5 stacks. You would never use (Free) RP over FT unless your heat was over 20. You would never use Immo if FT was available. Do you see what I mean? You are using a priority rotation you are simply typing how you use your rotation. There is no static rotation because I can use Immo anywhere in your rotation without losing dps as long as I don't use it when I have a FT up. This is why it's called a priority rotation.

Here is why we call it priority rotation. You will never use any attack if PFT is up over FT. If you have Immolate and RB up, Immolate is used, if your RS (crit) is up than it becomes used even if RB is about to drop off. You can't have a static rotation when we don't need one attack to lead to another in order to build damage except for the PFT stacks.

Using this known fact that we use the Highest DPS per GCD available when it's available we have a priority rotation of

RS (crit)

PFT

Immo

RB

RP_Free

FB

Now because this is not manageable to simply hit these buttons whenever they are up. We have a heat priority as well.

HL = Heat limit (this is the point at which we use our heat reduction abilities they gain priority over anything else) The best heat limit is 20-30. As RS is our only 25 heat ability it's the only ability which would immediately require an RP (free) or RS immediately after it.

HL Priority (heat in excess of 20)

RP_FREE

Rapid

This means that when our heat exceeds 20 we should use one of the two abilities before going back to our priority rotation. How you weave them in is dependant on situation and build. Such as with the Norse build I almost never use Rapid because there almost 0 heat management issues outside of the period where PFT ends, RP is not yet avaialble, and your passive vent heat hasn't happened.

Does this make sense? You can't have a static rotation because there are too many variable, and too many waiting on CD's. btw, the rotation that works best for me is - Imm - FB - RB - RP - FBX3 - Rapid - PFT

Edited by TheOpf

I actually like when they pop hunker down. It means I can get on them and pop HO with PFT and watch them freak and either run away or stand still and take it in the face. If they run away they wasted their Hunker down, and they will die.

go ahead and run up in my face...be prepared for a Dirty Kick, Pistol Whip, Leg Shot, Pulse Detonator...Rapid Shots or my rotation if not on cds....I may not pvp much on my 'slinger but when I do, i'm no pansy that runs...oh and as long as ur in my face and they aren't on cd either: Defense Screen, Dodge :)

but this is neither here nor there. my response was to someone who wrote in a long time before I saw this guide which is truly what the posting are all about not our responses to what to do when fighting 'slingers in pvp so let's keep on topic once again ...and i must say i've been looking forward to working on my BH now that I've read this guide. Thx again for one that's well-written and easy to understand.

Edited by Allysaala
addition to remarks

You realize you are using a priority rotation right ;p. You just have a system that allows you to use your priority rotation. The priority rotation that you use allowed you to come up with your set rotation which works fine in a static fight. In any movement or switches than your priority takes over. That's why we don't use a set rotation.

I understand how the Priority Rotation works, it’s just not the same as the Static Rotation that I’m suggesting, and attempting to model the Static Rotation with a Priority system misses some important points.

For example, with Heat limits, if I wanted to describe the heat limit that the Static Rotation uses, it would look something like this:

If Heat>31, RP (Free) – Rapid Shots

If 32>Heat>23, Immolate – RP (Free) – Rapid Shots

If Heat>10 AND Flame Thrower Cooldown<1.5, RP (Free) – Rapid Shots.

Which is pretty convoluted, and unnecessary, since the Static Rotation is functionally heat neutral.

Additionally, I could say something like:

Follow this priority rotation:

FT – RB – RP (free) – Immo – RS(Crit) – Flame Burst – Rapid

BUT, Try to group your Flame Bursts together in between your Immolates to avoid losing Flame Barrage procs if Rocket Punch will be up soon. Always make sure to hit your 15-second cooldowns on cooldown, but you should also thread heat venting abilities every two abilities to ensure you get the most possible Rocket Punches, regardless of what the heat limit is telling you to do.

I feel like listing the rotation is a much simpler, more effective, and more easily understood way of communicating these concepts.

Retractable Blade

FILLER 1 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Flame Burst

Flame Burst

FILLER 2 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Immolate

FILLER 3 [Flame Burst (heat permitting) OR Rocket Punch (if FREE) OR Rapid Shots]

Flame Thrower

<repeat>

Now, certainly, you can modify this, and achieve the same result. Just don’t pair Immolate with a Flame Burst before a filler, because it reduces the amount of free rocket punches you’ll get to use by 3%. Also, only use Flame Thrower after a filler (or Immolate), or you’ll overheat slightly faster.

For example, this accomplishes the same thing:

Flame Thrower

Immolate

Retractable Blade

Flame Burst

Flame Burst

<repeat>

While this reduces your Free Rocket Punches by 3% and causes more overheating problems.

Flame Thrower

Immolate

Flame Burst

Flame Burst

Retractable Blade

<repeat>

Now, I’ll freely admit that there’s another discussion that needs to be had about what a practical rotation ought to be. Since our heat generation (i.e. how fast we push our buttons) is subject to slight ability lag, while our heat dissipation (which is completely passive) is not, it remains to be seen whether that imbalance will favor something else. I suspect it would just mean using Flame Burst for filler more, since the rotation becomes heat negative with at least 10% ability delay.

Did HM EC last nite. Only 8 man, so only 8 dps, but was 1 or 2. Me and a mara would swap. So I'm even more comfortable with AP's DPS output to my playstyle.

I was talking with my brother who is a sniper, and in full columni gear he is doing 1100 - 1200 dps depending on spec. He was upset because in my half pvp and Half tionese/columni gear i am doing 1000 - 1100 dps. I can't hit 1250 yet, but I am pushing 1100 on static fights.

Anavarra,

I went back to the standard AP with HEGC yesterday. The heat management in a full AP is very easy to handle without holding to a static rotation. While I agree that your rotation allows you almost to never even come close to 40 or 60 heat, there are several points at which your rotation is more confusing than it needs to be. I have no problem getting to 5 stacks of PFT without overheating by the time FT comes off Cooldown.

You believe I am over simplifying the rotation, and I firmly believe you are over complicating the issue. I agree with you on the Heat limit issues. However with the passive heat management and a basic understanding of where to use RP you don't need to say stick to this rotation. Granted you probably do many more PVE environments than I do so you have a better grasp of boss fights.

I am simply stating in the Boss Fights that I have been involved in. I have yet to meet one where I don't have to move or avoid something or switch targets within the first 3 rotations. Dardack would be better suited to answer how many where you actually get 5 rotations out before having to move.

I have yet to see a reason outside of probably making it easier for a beginner to get a handle on heat management to use a static rotation principle. With the passive heat management unless you pop a RS right before FT you will never run into serious heat issues.

As for your rotation - RB should never be first in the rotation, nor should you ever save Immolate to use before PFT. Immolate is one of your hardest hitting and best damage per GCD and damage per heat attacks. It should be used every time it's up regardless of where you are in cycle.

I use a base rotation: Immo - RB - FBX2 - RP(free) - FBx2 - PFT - On the second rotation, I use Rapid before my PFT. The reason is that once PFT is finished Casting, Immo will be coming off CD and So will RB. It's always better to push RB than it is to push Immo. Technically speaking pushing RP (Free) is a dps loss, but there is no reason to use it after Immo - RB - FBx1 because by this time your passive heat has dropped your remaining heat below 20. So the optimum time to see a heat management is to use RP (Free) only when heat exceeds 20 though I tend to use it on demand.

Again the dps difference between your static rotation and my priority rotation is +/- 1 percent. I do not find heat management to be as much of a concern as you. I mentioned in the guide about maintaining an under 40 heat to maximize heat management. I will attempt to be more clear about heat management, and how it works also I will add the Heat Limit of 20 for Heat limit skills. However, I cannot in a clear conscience add a static rotation, as I don't see the same benefits from it you do.

From my understanding, you are using Immolate as a heat management tool, and that is the wrong way to look at it. You are taking your best attack and pushing it quite a bit so you manage your heat more than add dps. It is better to do that with RP (free) than it is do it with Immo. You have overcompensated in an effort to watch heat. I have no problems with heat management in a static rotation. RS is the only heat intensive attack I have, and I always make sure to use a Rapid shot or RP (free) Immediately after it. I always use Immolate after PFT because it comes off CD right at that moment. I either use RB before or after an FB depending on how I started my rotation. RB just drops off every time and I reapply it.

I am almost positive that running your static rotation and my priority rotation we will end up with the same dps and the same heat. I am pretty close to being sure that my Rapid usage would be less than yours as well.

Update 4/27: Added Heat/Ammo information. Noted Anavaar's suggestion of using FT on CD in the Suggestion thread. Added a Heat Limit Priority Rotation.

Please keep voting for this I am not sure how many votes we need, but let's get this stickied.

The Vanguard Version was stickied! I was told to use the report post button and state review for sticky for this thread. Anyone that can do that will help. Thank you. Edited by TheOpf

I made a build based on full ap in ion gas if you'd check it out theopf would be much appreciated :) let me know what you think

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=439863

While I support any supposed builds, the amount of damage and Mobility given up for minimal mitigation upgrade is not worth it. I don't like IGC with Deep AP at all. CGC with Deep AP gives you a 5 percent dps upgrade, and yet the heat management alone makes it almost impossible to play. I will post my reasons for disliking IGC in your thread.

I was a bit apprehensive about levelling my BH in AP, since almost everyone in this forum is against it. But i have to say, its not as bad as i feared. Id say the worst of it is up to level 25, and after that it gets pretty awesome.

I was a bit apprehensive about levelling my BH in AP, since almost everyone in this forum is against it. But i have to say, its not as bad as i feared. Id say the worst of it is up to level 25, and after that it gets pretty awesome.

It's doable. Its just not as easy as the other two at lower levels. Alot of times people form opinions of a tree before they hit the full talent line, and AP develops a little slower than Pyro and Shield.

It's doable. Its just not as easy as the other two at lower levels. Alot of times people form opinions of a tree before they hit the full talent line, and AP develops a little slower than Pyro and Shield.

I really dont know. I am finding it quite easy. My heat barely registers over 30 , and i can take on a reasonable sized pack of mobs without any significant trouble. If any of the other trees have an even easier time, ill just have to test and find out :D

I really dont know. I am finding it quite easy. My heat barely registers over 30 , and i can take on a reasonable sized pack of mobs without any significant trouble. If any of the other trees have an even easier time, ill just have to test and find out :D

Well yeah but you said not until you hit 25, that's when you get the passive heat venting, but yes shield tech will have an easier time with mako solo'ing Heroic type quests (i know I did 2man even SOME 4 man ones as shield) and pyro will at lower levels blow things up a tad faster.