ranked: this is the worst meta and que in the history of this game

Talon_strikes

from PTs and stealth classes overperforming and taking half your health in a single hard stun, to class stacking and the elo system still not pairing up players very well, to players like H**ymind being able to throw night after night and not being able to vote kick and you guys not doing your damn jobs and enforcing needed speedy moderation on such blatant and obvious offenders... this has got to be hands down the worst meta and que in the history of this game.

i also have not been able to achieve gold on a single toon since coming back 2 months ago. i guess i also start at a disadvantage since i was not able to que at the start of the season (it's said it's the best time to climb), but s8-s10 i achieved gold on a few toons and games were actually carriable. now? i only managed to get silver on 2 toons and that was *with* selective queing. everyone else is bronze and if i get close to silver i just crash down due to bots or throwers that can't be kicked. i consider myself a decent player btw. not some seasoned team ranked player by any standards, but enough to hold my own and contribute in a fair way.

i kind of regret resubbing for as long as i did tbh and its a shame because i really do enjoy this game. im kind of scared of how s14 will fair since it seems like the quality has somehow gotten worse with each and every season, but i dont think i'll resub and play at all if there aren't any class balance changes of any kind for s14.

there seriously needs to be some major profound changes moving forward in regards to class balance, que quality, throwers and bots, the elo system, bringing back vote kick. cause this ain't it Bioware.

Edited by Talon_strikes

i also have not been able to achieve gold on a single toon since coming back 2 months ago. i guess i also start at a disadvantage since i was not able to que at the start of the season (it's said it's the best time to climb), but s8-s10 i achieved gold on a few toons and games were actually carriable. now? i only managed to get silver on 2 toons and that was *with* selective queing.

They changed the impact of placement games prior to Season 12, making gold much harder to achieve in a small number of games. You're hardly the only person to have golds from s8-s11 and not get gold in s12 or s13. There are a ton of people in that position. It's just much harder to get now.

there seriously needs to be some major profound changes moving forward in regards to class balance, que quality, throwers and bots, the elo system, bringing back vote kick. cause this ain't it Bioware.

No major changes are necessary. It's still solo ranked, basically the same as it always was. Class balance is pretty decent right now in my opinion. Vote kick was never a solution to throwers, as I have to repeat a million times.

The main thing Bioware needs to do is step up in their enforcement efforts and ban people like Holymind faster.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

They changed the impact of placement games prior to Season 12, making gold much harder to achieve in a small number of games. You're hardly the only person to have golds from s8-s11 and not get gold in s12 or s13. There are a ton of people in that position. It's just much harder to get now.

how did they change it? for me I almost never got gold from my placements. always took me playing a while to get to gold but I'd eventually get there, although I know there were players who would be selectively queing during their first 20 games to get gold. also there were no win requirements unlike now (this is a good change).

it feels almost impossible to get gold now. nothing stopping throwers, bots, que stacking classes and current meta exacerbating all these issues. I thought s8-10 was bad. I'd do anything to bring those days back over what we have now.

No major changes are necessary. It's still solo ranked, basically the same as it always was. Class balance is pretty decent right now in my opinion. Vote kick was never a solution to throwers, as I have to repeat a million times.

The main thing Bioware needs to do is step up in their enforcement efforts and ban people like Holymind faster.

I'm afraid this is where we disagree. I don't think it's the same as it always was. it's def a lot worse now esp class balance. Powerlode tactical and Power Yield on PTs are broken, Ops are overperforming able to do virtually anything at an overtuned rate, stealth heavy meta makes it extremely rough for non-stealth classes to do decent, DOT/cleave specs being able to melt everything clumped together with relative ease with no checks unless you too run cleave.

Vote kick needs to come back too. Yes there were people abusing it but it did more good than harm. If BW doesn't want people abusing it then they could just... idk... do their damn jobs, initiate speedy ToS reviews and sanction offenders quickly. It's literally not that hard.

2 things can be true at once. BW needs to speed up their ToS enforcement AND vote kick needs to return. Players need to have an option to "police" the que esp if BW is going to be this slow in sanctioning throwers and others offenders. Combined with the lockouts now added for leaving/dcing/getting kicked this will now deter players like Holiest of Minds.

Edited by Talon_strikes

it feels almost impossible to get gold now. nothing stopping throwers, bots, que stacking classes and current meta exacerbating all these issues. I thought s8-10 was bad. I'd do anything to bring those days back over what we have now.

I'm afraid this is where we disagree. I don't think it's the same as it always was. it's def a lot worse now esp class balance. Powerlode tactical and Power Yield on PTs are broken, Ops are overperforming able to do virtually anything at an overtuned rate, stealth heavy meta makes it extremely rough for non-stealth classes to do decent, DOT/cleave specs being able to melt everything clumped together with relative ease with no checks unless you too run cleave.

I mean, aren't we near the end of the season ? I may not play much ranked anymore, but it was often the case that around the end of a season, or at least some time after it launches, the quality of queue just considerably gets worse. Maybe the overall seasons are too long, sure, but maybe you're trying a bit too late to get your gold requirement. But this may be my interpretation only, maybe you've been playing since the start of this season and I misunderstood.

And S8 was sure an easy time to get gold for even some undeserving. This was a horrible time for some class, and a way too easy time for others. At least some class now have a fighting chances. Some are still overtuned for sure, but apart from burst oper, I don't really see why you're complaining about stealth class being too strong. All in all, it may not be that much of a bad thing to have less peoples get gold rating. At least right now mercs and mara have to think a bit more to earn that ranking, unlike most in S8. :D

Btw, stacking dot specs was an issue since way, way back in the day. Not as much as other OP builds, but still. Peoples were just too busy playing with more "FOTM" specs.

how did they change it? for me I almost never got gold from my placements. always took me playing a while to get to gold but I'd eventually get there, although I know there were players who would be selectively queing during their first 20 games to get gold. also there were no win requirements unlike now (this is a good change).

They changed it so you can't get as high rated as quickly, and the games following placements also don't have as big an impact. As for it being impossible, that's clearly not true, as most of the good players are still able to get gold, on their best classes at least. Everyone has to deal with roughly the same amount of ******** in ranked, especially over a large sample of games.

Throwers are no more of an issue now than they were in previous seasons. It just so happens that there was one high profile persistent one throughout this season.

Powerlode is indeed overtuned, and virtually the entire ranked community has wanted it nerfed for months. Ops are good, but I don't think they're overpowered.

As for cleave specs, the only one that's really good is leth op. Pyro pt and IO merc are both decent. Madness sorc, hatred sin and virulence sniper are three of the worst specs for ranked generally.

Vote kick needs to come back too. Yes there were people abusing it but it did more good than harm. If BW doesn't want people abusing it then they could just... idk... do their damn jobs, initiate speedy ToS reviews and sanction offenders quickly. It's literally not that hard.

You are totally wrong. Vote kick did virtually no good at any point. Even when it was used legitimately, which was very rare, it only gave the kicked person a 5 minute cooldown, at which point they could requeue. Often they would get back into the next game with the people that kicked them. Case in point, the high profile thrower we all know about (apparently can't name him, had a few posts removed lol), he was kicked many times early in the season and it never even slowed him down, let alone stopped him.

Meanwhile, it was abused heavily. If you weren't there, you can't appreciate how frequently it was being abused on SF (and which later spread to DM). Some nights, every other game you had people sitting in stealth begging for people to vote kick. And then you'd have educated squad come on and proclaim they were "purging the queue" of bads. And that's not even mentioning when they used it to just kick people they didn't like, kick people for tank tunneling, or kick streamers that said mean things about them. It was an absolute disgrace, and removing vote kick was the best change to solo ranked they've made in years.

2 things can be true at once. BW needs to speed up their ToS enforcement AND vote kick needs to return. Players need to have an option to "police" the que esp if BW is going to be this slow in sanctioning throwers and others offenders. Combined with the lockouts now added for leaving/dcing/getting kicked this will now deter players like Holiest of Minds.

Players should have absolutely no role in "policing" the queue other than sending reports to Bioware. I can't believe people can really say that with a straight face, especially after what happened in season 12. And I'll repeat: vote kick was never a deterrent to throwers. If you think it was, you are just factually wrong. People used it to bully people out of queue that they felt didn't belong in ranked. That's it. It's not a complicated issue at all.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I have submitted a BLATANT report of trolling the queue with multiple bots, with video evidence, to the pvpreports email. No action taken. That same person now has other cohorts of bots (appears they are multiboxing with 4 computers) and I've submitted screenshots of each cohort and no reply.

This person has singlehandedly destroyed the queue on SS.

I have submitted a BLATANT report of trolling the queue with multiple bots, with video evidence, to the pvpreports email. No action taken. That same person now has other cohorts of bots (appears they are multiboxing with 4 computers) and I've submitted screenshots of each cohort and no reply.

Yeah, I have no defense for how slow Bioware is to remove bad actors. They need to get faster. There's no reason someone should be in the game for months after clear and obvious reports. I think it comes down to lack of manpower, but that's still no excuse.

Yeah, I have no defense for how slow Bioware is to remove bad actors. They need to get faster. There's no reason someone should be in the game for months after clear and obvious reports. I think it comes down to lack of manpower, but that's still no excuse.

So how do you get gold in this game ? I am very serious with this question....

I play mara-sent, I Play 4 characters . One of them is super low rated , the others are stuck around 1200ish all the time . No matter what I do, in the end I always end up there .

On my low rated char, that is barely 1k , I get better teams overall and games, while on my higher rated ones, as I soon as I pass 1200 and up to 1250 and above the bots come.. the auto losses , the disconnect players etc which will throw me back to 1200 or below and the cycle always repeats itself.

I see 2 possibilities here :

1. I play at 1200-1250 level , which I am ok with .. no problems .

2. The matchmaker is what it is and I get better games on low rated alt because I get teamed up with better players overall(rating wise at least) .3. Due to my queing on the same class ( cause I can't play anything else on ranked level) , I am totally at the mercy of the randomness of the que... I noticed that as a marauder, it's much better to que when healers are queing,but with full time job and I don't have that much time to play . So I que when I can..

Crawling up in rating and falling back again is so annoying . I could scream.

I tried to play something more meta like conc oper and I felt just super garbage...and useless After 5 losses straight in my first 10 games,I decided that there is no point trying further ...

PS: I am back to ranked after a long break from it.. more than one year. I quit for the same reason back then. Trying your best and still ending up with middle finger in the end from the game. I am going to keep queing now, as I am motivated by the rewards available.

I am curios about your opinion. Thanks.

*snip*

Ahah, is that ironic ? I'd give the same advices that you and others gave me at the time.

Play during the beginning of a season, as it is when peoples will often try hard to get high ratings. Especially since you need quite a big number of wins to qualify for gold anyway right now. Too late and you'll play when ratings have "settled", so higher chances of really bad players in queue if you don't climb fast.

Add peoples to your friend list, and write some simple comments about them inside, like "doesn't cc" or "good healer", stuff like that. Then you watch for who's logged in. If there's too many amazing players that may beat you, you don't play. If there is players who are known leavers or afk-ers, you don't play. This part mostly helped me when tanking tho, as I'd knew to not get in the way of peoples like Sheksas and Neoz too much as they'd farm me too often, being the only other tank in queue. Sometimes it's good to try and learn, other times not so much.

Oh and yeah, avoid some specs. Because class balance is what it always was.

last part is git gud, but... we've seen more productive insights. :D

*any information mentionned above was recorded and tested during season 8 maximum. Do not play if susceptible to early spikes of rage or easy tilt. If the effects still persists after you've stopped playing, please advise your local Giradda.*

Edited by supertimtaf

what the toons name ?

I'm on SS, and I do ranked fairly often. I haven't run into this guy yet

I'm on SS, and I do ranked fairly often. I haven't run into this guy yet

They appear to target specific players with the intent to keep them from rising in the ranks. If one of the targeted players enters the queue, these bots suddenly appear. The troll will then sometimes take control of any bots who end up on the opposing team. The bots themselves are in basic or crafted 306 gear with no set bonuses, but with a player controlling them, the games essentially become 4v3s.

I won't break forum TOS by naming the suspected bots or directly linking a video which shows them, but my twitch stream is the same name as my forum name here. There's a video from January 13 which is just less than 10 minutes long which features a game with those bots. I mouse over one toon's gear after the second round, I think.

They appear to target specific players with the intent to keep them from rising in the ranks. If one of the targeted players enters the queue, these bots suddenly appear. The troll will then sometimes take control of any bots who end up on the opposing team. The bots themselves are in basic or crafted 306 gear with no set bonuses, but with a player controlling them, the games essentially become 4v3s.

I won't break forum TOS by naming the suspected bots or directly linking a video which shows them, but my twitch stream is the same name as my forum name here. There's a video from January 13 which is just less than 10 minutes long which features a game with those bots. I mouse over one toon's gear after the second round, I think.

That sorc was definitely shady, 200K dmg in 3 rounds.

There's a video from January 13 which is just less than 10 minutes long which features a game with those bots. I mouse over one toon's gear after the second round, I think.

All of this to get recycled Season 3 Rewards.

Peoples really want to achieve "at least something" during 2021. :rak_03:

So how do you get gold in this game ? I am very serious with this question....

In season 12, 109 people ended with a rating of 1500 or over in solo ranked, out of a total of 10332 characters. That's about 1%. There are also a bunch of people that got 1500 then dropped below that before season end, but probably not more than another hundred. So only about 2% of characters actually get gold. There's no shame in not getting it despite what some of the more toxic players say.

In season 12, 109 people ended with a rating of 1500 or over in solo ranked, out of a total of 10332 characters. That's about 1%. There are also a bunch of people that got 1500 then dropped below that before season end, but probably not more than another hundred. So only about 2% of characters actually get gold. There's no shame in not getting it despite what some of the more toxic players say.

They lowered the requirement for Gold ? I may not be up to date.

And wasn't there a 200 win requirement to also get the title ?

That's a dumb question, but I missed more than 3 years of development. Which is not much, true, but it's enough to have forgotten most of it.

They lowered the requirement for Gold ? I may not be up to date.

And wasn't there a 200 win requirement to also get the title ?

When they drastically changed matchmaking, I believe after season 9, they ended up lowering the requirements yes. 1500 has been gold for s10-s13, even though it's much harder to get 1500 in s12-s13 than it was in s10-s11. They added win requirements for the first time last season. It was 200 for top 3, 100 for gold, 50 for silver, 25 for bronze. They lowered the win requirements this season to 160 for top 3, 80 for gold, 40 for silver, 20 for bronze.

Edited by JediMasterAlex