Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Wide Cargo Storage Space

Starglitter
03.26.2014 , 11:29 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I seem to remember that the vast majority of posters asking for legacy storage were mainly concerned with storing crafting mats and not trying to cheat the system to be able to transfer bound items.

I guess they gave the mouse a cookie and look where it led.
Can you elaborate how is it a cheat to want to transfer in account bound items to another alt in yuour account, if I was to use your apparent code of ethics, using the legacy system is a form of cheating too. Can you please elaborate on your statement?

I at least did poin tout, that in real life I can buy stuff an dhave my son later pick it up, thus you can say the groceries he picked up was bound on pick up to him, despite that I paid for it, ha ha ha. Or you could look at it as I went to the grocery store, but the items, which are of course bound ot me since I bought them, and later I share som eof them with my son. Why should the game, make such a fuzz about it?

Please note, I am not advocating to have my bound items become transferable to other players, so we don't need to go there.

Thank you

Sue

Ratajack
03.26.2014 , 08:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
Can you elaborate how is it a cheat to want to transfer in account bound items to another alt in yuour account, if I was to use your apparent code of ethics, using the legacy system is a form of cheating too. Can you please elaborate on your statement?

I at least did poin tout, that in real life I can buy stuff an dhave my son later pick it up, thus you can say the groceries he picked up was bound on pick up to him, despite that I paid for it, ha ha ha. Or you could look at it as I went to the grocery store, but the items, which are of course bound ot me since I bought them, and later I share som eof them with my son. Why should the game, make such a fuzz about it?

Please note, I am not advocating to have my bound items become transferable to other players, so we don't need to go there.

Thank you

Sue
A bound to legacy item can be transferred to another character in your account, but a bind on pickup item cannot. Once character picks up a BOP item it is bound to that character alone. Using the legacy system to transfer bound items would be cheating the system as they cannot be mailed to your alts.

In your analogy, the groceries would be unbound items as they can be transferred freely to anyone, or at best bind to legacy items if you wanted to keep them within your family. A high school diploma would be a BOP item as it is issued to one person alone and cannot be transferred.

Hichitsuki-hime
03.27.2014 , 12:13 AM | #33
which sucks, but then again since the dread forged relics, ear, implants and all that other goodness will be craftable in a week or 2, i'd just stack up on mats =) though having to craft the same relics 10 times over sure sucks lol
Ebon Hawk: Ann'a (balance sage) <Army of Light>; Sei'ran (scrapper scoundrel) <AoL>; Tsuki-hime (madness sorc) <Nemesis>, Hichitsuki (vigi guardian) <AoLt>; Tai'ra (shadow tank) <AoL>, T'aira (gunnery commando) <AoL>, Lunalila (SS gunslinger) <AoL>, Red Eclipse: A'nna (balance sage) <Darklight>