Operation Phase Lock-out...(Dread Fortress)..... now what do I do?

Hi.

I can't seem to get back into Dread Fortress.

1) I am working the Class Story and have been given the story quest to complete the DF Operation.

2) I was invited into an Ops Group.

3) I took a speeder to the DF start point. (Fulfills the starting request of the Class Story)

4) I was given the 'weekly' DF operation and accepted.

5) The Ops group made it up to, but did not complete, the last final boss. We disbanded.

Next day.

6) accepted a new Ops group invite.

7) Speeder to DF start point

8) Attempt to enter and get error message (You progress is further than you group) or something like that. Which was correct as I only needed the final boss.

9) So I abandoned the weekly mission. Still no good. So I re-set the Story Line quest. "Need to take speeder to DF start point".

10) went back to base, re-took speeder, back to DF start point. Tried to enter. No luck.

11) Ops group was PO'd and didn't offer any help, kicked me. OK, I understand that by now I should know the mechanics of missions.... but I don't.

So... I don't know what to do... I don't fully understand the phases, missions, weeklies, etc. and their over-lapping requirements.

Should I abandon the quest completely? But then how do I complete the Class Story (get the mission again... but from where/who?)

Advice please?

[i'm a healer... you're gonna need me sooner or later... lol....]

Short answer: You ****ed up.

Longer answer: Sucks, but you ****ed up.

Serious answer: You only get to do the operation once a week, you can't redo bosses you've already beat so once you had done the first four, you were done for the week on those four bosses. The bosses aren't tired to your weekly they are tied to your character. If you care to see where you are, look at your lockout tab under your log pop up [shortcut L]. You however also reset your weekly so not only do you not get to go back in until tuesday, you missed out on the comms you could've got by turning it in.

Edited by mastirkal

Ah....ok... I... goofed up.. No surprise there. Part of the learning process.

I could have turned in for comms? But i wasn't finished? ..... turn in at Fleet? for a partial completion of the weekly?

Regarding my primary issue, So once i wait a week I can simply re-start again... yes?

I could have turned in for comms? But i wasn't finished? ..... turn in at Fleet? for a partial completion of the weekly?

Regarding my primary issue, So once i wait a week I can simply re-start again... yes?

once a week, lockouts reset every Tuesday morning.

Ops weeklies are up to last but one boss (which makes full clear DP runs hard to find) so according to your description your Weekly mission was complete and you could have turned it in. The final boss encounter is like icing on the cake.

The idea is providing a reward to groups who can't beat the last boss. At least you haven't wasted your time for nothing.

Edited by demotivator

The weeklies for Dread Fortress and Dread Palace only require you to beat bosses 1-4 (stopping at Corrupter Zero and Raptus, for DF/DP respectively), if that wasn't clear. The quest to advance the storyline requires that you beat bosses 1-5 in Dread Fortress, then 1-5 in Dread Palace, in that order. Once you defeat Brontes (the last boss of DF), there will be a panel that you can click on outside of DP, before you enter the instance, which will give you a cut-scene.

Occasionally, but rarely, you do see some folks start groups for only the last bosses (especially Palace, since it requires more coordination than the average pug group can handle and groups often break up once they down Raptus), or you can start one yourself (though probably not advised since you obviously haven't seen the boss yet). These groups form because of reasons like yours, IE some folks only want to do the weekly and stop, or the group isn't good enough to get past the last bosses. This occurred more when the operations first came out, however.

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

This is exactly why I think the weeklies should require people to finish the full operations. The Oricon story requires you to clear all the bosses, but most groups only care for the weekly. As a result, most people are no longer able to clear the story missions.

This is exactly why I think the weeklies should require people to finish the full operations. The Oricon story requires you to clear all the bosses, but most groups only care for the weekly. As a result, most people are no longer able to clear the story missions.

I say that or that there be an extra bonus for those who complete the entire operation. Like maybe an increase in comm limit for that week, or a special token for a new vendor. and perhaps unique items. I find it annoying that I still haven't completed DP, it seems everyone bails before the Council, or gives up at that fight. And then, as others have said, you can't get a group together. for that one last fight.