Copero Solo with a Sage... help?

Okay, first let me preface this by saying a few things about me as a player.

1. I have been playing this game as a subscriber since beta, I even have the special 5-year subscriber reward.

2. I don't spend all my time in game on a single character grinding out 300 Command Rank or whatever the cap is.

So, that brings me to my question... In all my time playing this game, I've never had the trouble I'm having with Copero on my sage... with multiple strong enemies running (or teleporting as they do when they are that far away) from the other side of the map, to 4-5 fire emitters that do so much damage I spend more time toggling my companion to passive so wont' STAND IN THE FIRE (seriously, it's been over 5 years, why is this game's AI so ungodly stupid? Dragon Age Origins AI was smarter than SWtOR's) than I do fighting or healing, I've thrown away like 75,000 credits in repairs, which is a lot for me considering I almost never die.

So, what am I doing wrong that I've never done wrong in 5 years? Is it overkeyed to be only playable by those in the very top gear, or what?

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Are you sure you're in the right mode? You're supposed to be in [solo] mode. Loads of people yesterday were complaining about fp being too hard in Copero General chat -- they mostly ended up being in the [story] -instance.

There is no difference in difficulty between story and solo. At least I didn't notice one (had to do both, because 1) reading is hard (aka: my bad) and 2) naming things logicaly is also hard (aka: BW's fault) :rolleyes:)

Both, story and solo seemed equally easy to me and I'm honestly not sure what could possibly kill you in that FP other than walking off a cliff or pulling the whole instance at the same time maybe.

Perhaps the OP accidently went into veteran or hardmode?

Are you sure you're in the right mode? You're supposed to be in [solo] mode. Loads of people yesterday were complaining about fp being too hard in Copero General chat -- they mostly ended up being in the [story] -instance.

This, aka follow the instructions in the mission log. And the players on The Leviathan (mostly French, with a few Belgians and one cynical lunatic from England) had the same sort of problem. But the mission log is crystal clear: do the flashpoint in solo. It's really, really hard to die, even with a rank 1 Raina Temple.

If that "rank 1" thing is really bothering you, take along Memorabilia (both types), Cultural Artifacts, Military Gear, and Courting, and give them to Temple. My Commando (247-rated, full augments) didn't have any real problems, while my Infiltration Shadow had enough gifts lying around in her inventory to get Temple to rank 18.

How come whenever there is a person who has difficulty with the game he writes "I have been here since beta..." well, what have you been doing in the game since then?? Basic attack? Must have been terrible when they took away the melee attacks the Sage had, huh? :)

But seriously, that FPS in SOLO (not STORY, but SOLO) mode is just too easy. Your companion heals so much at rank 1 that you dont even lose any hp. Just go TK, spam earthquake followed by TK wave when it procs and you should be fine.

How come whenever there is a person who has difficulty with the game he writes "I have been here since beta..." well, what have you been doing in the game since then?? Basic attack? Must have been terrible when they took away the melee attacks the Sage had, huh? :)

But seriously, that FPS in SOLO (not STORY, but SOLO) mode is just too easy. Your companion heals so much at rank 1 that you dont even lose any hp. Just go TK, spam earthquake followed by TK wave when it procs and you should be fine.

If it's too easy for you, put your companion to dps and start actually dodging those aoes. :p

If it's too easy for you, put your companion to dps and start actually dodging those aoes. :p

I did it with comp in dps stance dont worry. Was a bit tight on the boss fights, but nothing a Sentinel wouldnt manage.

Only at the last boss I noticed there are actually healing stations at every boss :D

Edited by merovejec

Yes, I am sure I am in Solo mode, and yes I know how to play the game, which is the problem I am having... I've never had this much trouble before, so I'm looking for advice, not insults (this is not to all who have replied, but a few)

As for why I mentioned that I've been playing since Beta, I felt knowing that I'm not a new player but an experienced one, and yet I've never had this much trouble before would help others figure out what I might be doing wrong in this particular instance.

As for companions at INF 1, yea that's the other thing that baffles me in what I am doing wrong, since my Presence is so high she should be overhealing me big time

I can't speak to your experience, obviously there are a number of variables, but I did it with my main Sage, which has a mix of 244-248 gear and even with Temple at level 1 I did most of the FP with her in DPS mode. The only time I put her on heals is during the boss fights, and that was only because I was having a lot of lag.

In fact, that's also the only reason I died once. Temple wasn't on heals, I got surrounded by 6 silver mobs, and a major lag spike hit, so I just stood there and did nothing as they beat me to death. Every other fight was a piece of cake if not annoying. The first droid boss I just stood in the circles and even without my bubble they barely hurt me. Certainly gear makes a difference, so maybe I'll have a different experience when I do it on my less well geared sorcerer.

Overall, I found the solo version of the FP to be incredibly easy. Just annoying. Part of my frustration was due to the lag spikes, but the boss fights were just stupid.

The first droid boss I just stood in the circles and even without my bubble they barely hurt me. Certainly gear makes a difference, so maybe I'll have a different experience when I do it on my less well geared sorcerer.

My shadow (Infiltration dps) is significantly less geared than 244-248 (I think she's reported as 233 or so, maybe as much as 238), and she got nibbled at on the first droid boss, but nothing particularly worrying. Temple on heals, but at that point rank 1.(1)

(1) I cranked her to the mid teens with just the dubious assortment of companion gifts my character was lugging around, but I did it in the tunnels after the boss.

Yes, I am sure I am in Solo mode, and yes I know how to play the game, which is the problem I am having... I've never had this much trouble before, so I'm looking for advice, not insults (this is not to all who have replied, but a few)

As for why I mentioned that I've been playing since Beta, I felt knowing that I'm not a new player but an experienced one, and yet I've never had this much trouble before would help others figure out what I might be doing wrong in this particular instance.

As for companions at INF 1, yea that's the other thing that baffles me in what I am doing wrong, since my Presence is so high she should be overhealing me big time

I didn't think presence was even a factor anymore on the companions. Personally I hate hate hate the new influence thing on comps. I enjoyed gearing them up but I also enjoyed crafting until they made it obsolete. To me they have nerfed the dps on sage's alot and even in pve you can get into trouble if not careful. I don't pvp or grind over much so most of my characters are in 228/230 gear. I wish they would dump the lightsaber on sages and give us staves.

You want to make it harder? Set Temple to tank mode. Only the two security droid spawns do any real damage, but her dps at lvl 1 tanking is SO DAMN SLOW. :D

Is there supposed to be a Jesus Droid in solo mode? There was no text popup like the other solo mode FPs, just seems odd that they decide to omit it from the new ones.

Those solo/story modes are only at the beginning. Once you have progressed the story, then there is only solo, vet and master. My operative did the solo for the story and went back and it seemed to be a bit harder with the bosses even with a Rank 41 Arcann which actually shocked me since I had no problems with when I was progressing the story with Temple, Rank 20. I had them both as DPS and my operative as a healer, so not sure why it was harder since it was solo but I finished it but I did notice the difference.