Done With SWTOR PvP: Absolutely Sick Of It.

McVade

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, mara/sent are a blast to play in any WZ, granted its not a Faceroll class by anymeans so that might be your issue, maybe a sorc would be more fun to you? leave the skill classes to the big boys eh...

Pyro is a blast to and very easy to play from what i have exp, and yes DAOC was the best PVP i ever played to date! Was on Mordred server from start to finish and loved it...

Wrong, mara/sent are a blast to play in any WZ, granted its not a Faceroll class by anymeans so that might be your issue, maybe a sorc would be more fun to you? leave the skill classes to the big boys eh...

Wrong, mara/sent are a blast to play in any WZ

I know you are going to deny it and say how much you love playing it. You can lie to yourself all you want, but you can not swindle me.

On the side note, I wonder how many people still play DaoC, and would be anywhere as good now as it was during the pre-wow era.

On the side note, I wonder how many people still play DaoC, and would be anywhere as good now as it was during the pre-wow era.

Not a whole lot, i quit after the pvp servers were dissolved away, i loved the world pvp and didnt do the Frontier pvp to often, but still my best memories were in Mag mell pvping it up :)

We get it. Why spend time even posting this? This is the same stuff repeated in EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this forum.

Well said and I agree with every point you make. I subed for 6 months after doing beta and I am calling tomorrow to get a refund. If it comes to it I will call cc company and complain that I am not happy with my purchase and it does not meet my expectations. if I get screwed, so be it, but I am very curious where this game will be 6 months from now........

Engame at this point is forced pvp and lets face it, it really is..... With that said, the pvp stinks

Edited by Drazym

Hey all,

As Anakin Skywalker apparently reached his shatterpoint when he gave Samuel L. Jackson an ambitious manicure... I, too, have reached my shatterpoint. Unfortunately, rather than become a Darth, I've decided instead to go into exile and wait for my Last Hope for good PvP in an MMO environment: Guild Wars 2.

I won't go into a huge thing here on why I've come to this point. Let me just say one thing that it wasn't: Class Balance. The class balance in this game is *remarkably* good, and I'm saying this as a Jedi Sentinel, one of the hardest classes to play and very few make a point that it's on the OP end. Class Balance is not SWTORs problem: in fact, it's one of the best balanced MMOs I've ever played.

Here's my Not So Comprehensive list of issues that tempted me on more than one occasion to put my fist through my monitor.

Premade vs. Pugs. Y'know, I feel I've made this argument for years, because I have. From WoW, to WAR, to Rift to here. And guess what? Blizzard figured it out. Trion figured it out. Hell, even EA Mythic figured it out. Of course, EA Mythic was fashionably late to the party, but as they say... better late than never. So why, 4 years later, am I making this argument still in an MMO? Why the heck is my team with 8 people with an average expertise rating of 80, with no healers and a tank who doesn't have Guard bound get thrown up against 4 Champion+ geared players on Skype? These four could take all eight of us out without even needing the other half of their team. Haven't we learned something yet? "Just roll with your own premade." No. Three other battlemasters should not be required to enjoy PvP in this game. As I said, every other company figured it out. So, what's the malfunction here, Bioware?

CC. Have you learned nothing from Warhammer? Here's something I discovered playing my Ironbreaker in your other game: People don't like being knocked into lava with a retardedly overpowered knockback. It's NOT heroic. It's too hard to avoid (never found a shortage of people to knockback in a huge way if the battle's being fought even in the near vicinity of lava/ledge) and most importantly, not everyone can do it. How can you design a map like Huttball and have classes in the game who do not have Pulls/Pushes or fire-and-forget stuns? Hell, some classes (like mine) lack all of those. Moreover, with your credio that: "you're the hero" - let me tell you, the life of a melee ping pong ball isn't as heroic as it sounds.

"Learn to position yourself." Yeah, right. Tell that to the people I stun on my Sith Juggernaut alt. That way, I get to move into whatever position I need to be in order to screw you. Trust me, with a knockback as far as I got, the only place you can position yourself where I won't find a way to screw you is on Azeroth. If there's a trap/ledge/pit/STD anywhere within EYESIGHT, you are getting it.

Or hell, my personal favorite: jump someone on the bridge, immobilize for 3 seconds, and then push to order. I don't care how pro you are - your man parts are going to be slow roasting in the Voidstar reactor and that's all there is to it.

"Learn to use the Resolve system." Heh, so glad you mentioned it.

Resolve: Honestly, if I were to name the worst mechanic in any PvP game I have played going back to Pong, this has got to be it. So this is the theory: You get hit by 3-4 CCs, then you're immune to them for 18-20 seconds. Here's the thing though: By the time you get hit by this many CCs, the enemies you are currently facing don't have them anymore. So Resolve is useless in small scale PvP. Considering that it also doesn't work on Immobilize effects, it's conceivable for you to STILL be CCed, even while your immune to CC. Lolwut?

Besides, what the hell good does this mechanic do in maps like Huttball where all it takes is one CC to knock you out of the action? By the time you get back into it (assuming you weren't stunned on acid or knocked into fire), not only is the situation you could have helped in probably over, but you've already lost all the Resolve you built up from that knockback. So, guess what, it just happens again! Why they've opted for a PvP system that utilizes this rather than Diminishing Returns, where you get a benefit immediately after the first time you're hit, I'll never know. This is just an example of developers trying to get too clever and one-up tried and true methods that actually promote fun gameplay.

Ilum: Won't get into a big thing here, but I honestly can't say I've seen a worse designed World PvP mechanic than this. Whether its game performance slowing to that of a PowerPoint Presentation if more than 50 players are on the screen at the same time, the sheer uselessness of melee classes in large scale PvP warfare, or the absolute ludicrous population imbalance on most servers, or the sheer redundancy of flipping points in a non-linear order, or the numerous bugs (stuck exploits still tons of fun), or the need for me to spam my class buff every cooldown to make sure I get credit for kills my ops does, or the crate spawn rates during downtime, or the... yeah, I can do this all day. Ilum every day is what Wintergrasp was on its worst... and Wintergrasp wasn't very good either.

Bag System/Random Loot. Kudos for finally getting your heads out of your asses last patch for Champion bags. Trust me: what's a good idea for that's also a good idea for Battlemaster bags. Smarten up, Bioware.

After a month of dealing with all of these mechanics, I've just reached my wits end. Everytime I draw Huttball, I want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp object. Every time I pick up my Ilum daily, I want to strangle puppies. And every time I get force charged/rooted/knocked off the bridge in Voidstar, I want to tear off my shirt, grab my supple manboobs and shriek. When that starts seeming like a good idea, it's time to slowly back away and give Operations a try.

TLDR:

I agree with this. I would add class balance though. If Bioware is sticking with the themepark warzones then they need to balance classes to make them all useful, not just some of them.

bioware made this game for "casual" gaming

they don't care about anything... as long as players who spents only 2 hours in the game after everydays hard-work is sufficient for them..

and we don't see any of em complaining...

so case dismissed..

see you in Tera or Gw 2

In regards to getting knocked back into the fire, you should learn to use obstacles around you to help with that. the fire vents have 4 small poles that are solid, and tangible. Angle yourself correctly when getting near a sorc/merc/sniper/jugg, and use basic thinking and reverse psychology/game theory to know that any decent player will re position him or herself to knock you back. Put yourself into a position to where there is no place you knock you back. To be honest, my sniper laughs at sorcs when they try to Overload me into the acid when I have Entrench down.

You can't really help with stuns. Just now, I respec'd my sorc into healing to see how much better it is than my operative (It is. Operatives can't heal - Sorcs and Mercss are the only ones), And I was stunned, knockbacked, etc, to death. Quite literally, to DEATH.

bioware made this game for "casual" gaming

they don't care about anything... as long as players who spents only 2 hours in the game after everydays hard-work is sufficient for them..

and we don't see any of em complaining...

so case dismissed..

see you in Tera or Gw 2

When you look at "fixes" or "nerfs" it's indeed in fact to protect casuals from the most dedicated hardcore players (well even without going hardcore you can own rookies in this game)...

Will see in 6 months where the ship is heading.

BTW: Wth can't I rate (this) thread anymore ? I was sure it was a 5 stars rated one :confused:

Hey all,

As Anakin Skywalker apparently reached his shatterpoint when he gave Samuel L. Jackson an ambitious manicure... I, too, have reached my shatterpoint. Unfortunately, rather than become a Darth, I've decided instead to go into exile and wait for my Last Hope for good PvP in an MMO environment: Guild Wars 2.

I won't go into a huge thing here on why I've come to this point. Let me just say one thing that it wasn't: Class Balance. The class balance in this game is *remarkably* good, and I'm saying this as a Jedi Sentinel, one of the hardest classes to play and very few make a point that it's on the OP end. Class Balance is not SWTORs problem: in fact, it's one of the best balanced MMOs I've ever played.

Here's my Not So Comprehensive list of issues that tempted me on more than one occasion to put my fist through my monitor.

Premade vs. Pugs. Y'know, I feel I've made this argument for years, because I have. From WoW, to WAR, to Rift to here. And guess what? Blizzard figured it out. Trion figured it out. Hell, even EA Mythic figured it out. Of course, EA Mythic was fashionably late to the party, but as they say... better late than never. So why, 4 years later, am I making this argument still in an MMO? Why the heck is my team with 8 people with an average expertise rating of 80, with no healers and a tank who doesn't have Guard bound get thrown up against 4 Champion+ geared players on Skype? These four could take all eight of us out without even needing the other half of their team. Haven't we learned something yet? "Just roll with your own premade." No. Three other battlemasters should not be required to enjoy PvP in this game. As I said, every other company figured it out. So, what's the malfunction here, Bioware?

CC. Have you learned nothing from Warhammer? Here's something I discovered playing my Ironbreaker in your other game: People don't like being knocked into lava with a retardedly overpowered knockback. It's NOT heroic. It's too hard to avoid (never found a shortage of people to knockback in a huge way if the battle's being fought even in the near vicinity of lava/ledge) and most importantly, not everyone can do it. How can you design a map like Huttball and have classes in the game who do not have Pulls/Pushes or fire-and-forget stuns? Hell, some classes (like mine) lack all of those. Moreover, with your credio that: "you're the hero" - let me tell you, the life of a melee ping pong ball isn't as heroic as it sounds.

"Learn to position yourself." Yeah, right. Tell that to the people I stun on my Sith Juggernaut alt. That way, I get to move into whatever position I need to be in order to screw you. Trust me, with a knockback as far as I got, the only place you can position yourself where I won't find a way to screw you is on Azeroth. If there's a trap/ledge/pit/STD anywhere within EYESIGHT, you are getting it.

Or hell, my personal favorite: jump someone on the bridge, immobilize for 3 seconds, and then push to order. I don't care how pro you are - your man parts are going to be slow roasting in the Voidstar reactor and that's all there is to it.

"Learn to use the Resolve system." Heh, so glad you mentioned it.

Resolve: Honestly, if I were to name the worst mechanic in any PvP game I have played going back to Pong, this has got to be it. So this is the theory: You get hit by 3-4 CCs, then you're immune to them for 18-20 seconds. Here's the thing though: By the time you get hit by this many CCs, the enemies you are currently facing don't have them anymore. So Resolve is useless in small scale PvP. Considering that it also doesn't work on Immobilize effects, it's conceivable for you to STILL be CCed, even while your immune to CC. Lolwut?

Besides, what the hell good does this mechanic do in maps like Huttball where all it takes is one CC to knock you out of the action? By the time you get back into it (assuming you weren't stunned on acid or knocked into fire), not only is the situation you could have helped in probably over, but you've already lost all the Resolve you built up from that knockback. So, guess what, it just happens again! Why they've opted for a PvP system that utilizes this rather than Diminishing Returns, where you get a benefit immediately after the first time you're hit, I'll never know. This is just an example of developers trying to get too clever and one-up tried and true methods that actually promote fun gameplay.

Ilum: Won't get into a big thing here, but I honestly can't say I've seen a worse designed World PvP mechanic than this. Whether its game performance slowing to that of a PowerPoint Presentation if more than 50 players are on the screen at the same time, the sheer uselessness of melee classes in large scale PvP warfare, or the absolute ludicrous population imbalance on most servers, or the sheer redundancy of flipping points in a non-linear order, or the numerous bugs (stuck exploits still tons of fun), or the need for me to spam my class buff every cooldown to make sure I get credit for kills my ops does, or the crate spawn rates during downtime, or the... yeah, I can do this all day. Ilum every day is what Wintergrasp was on its worst... and Wintergrasp wasn't very good either.

Bag System/Random Loot. Kudos for finally getting your heads out of your asses last patch for Champion bags. Trust me: what's a good idea for that's also a good idea for Battlemaster bags. Smarten up, Bioware.

After a month of dealing with all of these mechanics, I've just reached my wits end. Everytime I draw Huttball, I want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp object. Every time I pick up my Ilum daily, I want to strangle puppies. And every time I get force charged/rooted/knocked off the bridge in Voidstar, I want to tear off my shirt, grab my supple manboobs and shriek. When that starts seeming like a good idea, it's time to slowly back away and give Operations a try.

TLDR:

when you force yourself to play 8 hours a day striving towards an irrelevant goal. what did you think would be your attitude after?

I hate this bla bla, I want it this way bla bla.

Game has been out not even 2 months bla bla.

Warcrack got this bla bla, I wish Bioware had it this way bla bla.

I am so mad bla bla, I am leaving this game forever bla bla.

This is what everyone reads everyday, it's bla bla.

Do us all a favor and leave you unhappy campers.

Other games are ---------->

Godspeed.

OP is right when it comes to class balance in TOR. It's pretty damn good. I was really impressed with it. Unlike the Other game and junk piles like Rift where class balance is an inside joke for the devs TOR does in fact do a great job in that area. Why? I have no idea since it seems PVP wasn't on their to-do list.

And GW2 is gonna be soooo good. I cannot wait. After my sub is dead here I'll play skyrim til GW2 comes out.

This game is a piece of **** !! lets face it...

I logged once today and healed All I could to possibly win when 3 guys left our team and I got kicked for 10 sec afk kids emergency...

Worst pvp I ever had in my life...

Now waiting for the real stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQCi7c0DuY

(beta footage of World vs World, FF to 7 min for instant action)

I logged once today and healed All I could to possibly win when 3 guys left our team and I got kicked for 10 sec afk kids emergency...

...and that is a problem due to the game system in what way.... ?? :rolleyes:

Now waiting for the real stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQCi7c0DuY

(beta footage of World vs World, FF to 7 min for instant action)

Downs at its very core, thanks for reminding us all! kudos....

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.