PLZ end space missions when objectives are completed

Talsalus

For instance cartel listening station... You are able to complete the objective within the first 2 minutes. This leaves u 4 1/2 minutes to just fly around and do nothing (unless u think killing ships that give 7exp actually matter). Edited by Talsalus

For instance cartel listening station... You are able to complete the objective within the first 2 minutes. This leaves u 4 1/2 minutes to just fly around and do nothing (unless u think killing ships that give 7exp actually matter).

Nowhere in the world is the mission over when your objectives are complete. You still need to evacuate the area without dying. This is true for any combat scenario you could ever imagine, ever. Absolutely no reason to implement what you're suggesting.

Nowhere in the world is the mission over when your objectives are complete. You still need to evacuate the area without dying. This is true for any combat scenario you could ever imagine, ever. Absolutely no reason to implement what you're suggesting.

Can't tell if serious...

To the OP: Agreed.

Reduce XP and increase money instead, for time is money. As one poster said so beautifully here last week.

I do not like all these ideas advocating the skipping and jumping and porting out of content, for that is the gateway to MAGICAL PORTALPLACE. But I sure like my credits like the next fellow. So more bang for the buck, that's the best incentive around. ;)

---

Right.

Which explains why we keep making attack runs on a space station which has had every single targetable objective destroyed. Guess one of the directives is to do self-congratulatory fly-bys for 4 minutes, yeah?

Fortunately unlike yourself, Bioware are aware the space missions can be improved

Not that I particularly dislike them.

Edited by marshalleck

I'm talking about after u kill everything.. all bonuses and normal objectives. Then there is nothing left but the enemy ships

the key is its balanced around that.... cos that makes you ''challenge'' to survive longer on enemy fire....

simple as that

Right.

Which explains why we keep making attack runs on a space station which has had every single targetable objective destroyed. Guess one of the directives is to do self-congratulatory fly-bys for 4 minutes, yeah?

Fortunately unlike yourself, Bioware are aware the space missions can be improved

Improving space missions != succumbing to the extreme laziness pointed out in this thread.

Whats next? Auto quest completion when you meet objectives? Never have to return to a quest hub? How about automatically spawning a class trainer next to you the instant you level up? Or popping up a mailbox? The laziness never ends with you entitlement generation folks.

Improving space missions != succumbing to the extreme laziness pointed out in this thread.

Whats next? Auto quest completion when you meet objectives? Never have to return to a quest hub? How about automatically spawning a class trainer next to you the instant you level up? Or popping up a mailbox? The laziness never ends with you entitlement generation folks.

Because 4 minutes of flying around on rails just adds so much to the experience, am I right?

Please. :rolleyes:

Edited by marshalleck

great ideas!! we can finally use those holocoms we have.. also put a MB in my damn ship

:p

Edited by Talsalus

Right.

And what? Reduce FlashPoint difficulty? Instant travel? UBER COMPANIONS PERHAPS?

Please. As if we needed to dumb the game's difficulty even further.

Points at Sig.

There's more stuff to do than just the main objective.

Bonuses can often (not always) be completed even before the main objectives, unless they are tied to specific scripted events which don't take place until some minutes into the mission.

And what? Reduce FlashPoint difficulty? Instant travel? UBER COMPANIONS PERHAPS?

Please. As if we needed to dumb the game's difficulty even further.

How would my suggestion dumb down the games difficulty? It would just speed up the process of completing the same daily that we've done multiple times.

For instance cartel listening station... You are able to complete the objective within the first 2 minutes. This leaves u 4 1/2 minutes to just fly around and do nothing (unless u think killing ships that give 7exp actually matter).

Please take your ADHD medicine.

This is a horrible idea.

How would my suggestion dumb down the games difficulty? It would just speed up the process of completing the same daily that we've done multiple times.

speeding up = dumbing down. Instant teleports to Flashpoints, Fleet pass, etc etc.. Convenience only goes so far, then it becomes deliberate dumbing down.

Where were you in for Desert Storm 90'?!

:rolleyes:

oh snap,.I got politalz

Edited by WelbyWars

speeding up = dumbing down. Instant teleports to Flashpoints, Fleet pass, etc etc.. Convenience only goes so far, then it becomes deliberate dumbing down.

It's not dumbing down to eliminate four minutes of pointless content. It doesn't make the content easier, it just makes it less of a chore.

Convenience =/= Dumbing Down.

I wouldn't say laziness, but ask yourself these questions:

1. Haven't you ever wondered why we can only use our Holocrons at certain points instead of being able to remotely turn in quests?

2. Why do we have to go to a trainer to learn a new skill, when we should have been learning all along?

My answers

1. Because you need to be there in person to get physical loot. So I would suggest allowing players to turn in their quests remotely, but any gear/loot they get other than credits are mailed to the player - on a 30 min delay.

2. I like to think that we could learn all the skills up front, but only at the required level would they actually do full damage, as it takes us practice to fully utilize the skills.