Query Concerning Miraluka Eyes, Or Lack Thereof Rather...

Tyreen

So, myself and my girlfriend encountered a light little concundrum when I was explaining the SWTOR races to her quite a while ago. This query, as you may guess from the title, concerns the Miraluka and their lack of eyes.

What I am asking is, just what do the Miraluka 'vestigal eyesockets' look like? Are they literally holes in the head? Do they have a 'film' of skin over them? Are they just simple little concave depressions in an otherwise normal face? The only real source I have seen concerning this is an image of Visas Marr at the moment her sight is damaged. Given the events that occur, I am skeptical of what we see is what a Miraluka actually looks like. So...what are peoples' thoughts on this? Is there any other evidence that I may have missed?

• 1 year later...

Thank you, I was looking for such an answer as well.

I'll ask another one, on topic, rather than creating a new topic.

In SWTOR, can one remove the eye-band?

Considering the OP, I figure that one cannot.

If it indeed is so, then- why? Is it for the similar reasons, for which characters cannot be naked?

Thank you, I was looking for such an answer as well.

I'll ask another one, on topic, rather than creating a new topic.

In SWTOR, can one remove the eye-band?

Considering the OP, I figure that one cannot.

If it indeed is so, then- why? Is it for the similar reasons, for which characters cannot be naked?

You cannot remove it. My brother plays one and I remember once after he spawned behind me, my camera sort of "clipped" under his mask and underneath, just standard human eyes were rendered so they didn't feel the need to add any custom work for the lack of eyes. As for their reasons they left it out, I am unsure. Perhaps they believed that the empty sockets would be too unsettling to a younger audience or might even warrant an M rating.

Edited by physiology

You cannot remove it. My brother plays one and I remember once after he spawned behind me, my camera sort of "clipped" under his mask and underneath, just standard human eyes were rendered so they didn't feel the need to add any custom work for the lack of eyes. As for their reasons they left it out, I am unsure. Perhaps they believed that the empty sockets would be too unsettling to a younger audience or might even warrant an M rating.

That would be my bet for the RL reason particularly give that while I don't know how accurate my friends and family were but I do know that when the race was explained to me, the in game reason was:

Me: "Ok. So, that's kinda cool but why do they wear that stuff over where their eyes would be all the time?"

Answer: "Because they don't have eyes."

Me: "Yeah but, what difference does that make in such a diverse culture? I mean, who would care?"

Answer: "Well, it's not that they care its just that it freaks the other races out so the Miraluka just took to covering up that part of their faces."

Understood, but to wear eye makeup denotes you may have had eyes at one time. They did not. Having eye shadow on her is weird.

not necessarily... I mean they are near-human which means at one time they did have eyes so it could either be a left over cultural thing from then OR it could be a cultural thing they picked up from the fact that many other races they deal with do it

That certainly answers a question. I wondered if there was an option (I am a new player so I am not fully versed in everything yet) to have the Miraluka without any cowl adornments, or if you could 'Hide Helmet' on them. Interesting species for sure.