Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

World First Renown 999?


Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
11.12.2019 , 12:13 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
I saw Tony Robbins at a show. It was a waste lol. "If you don't like your life, change it." Is basically all he has to say.
That's damn good advice, though.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Hawkebatt's Avatar


Hawkebatt
11.12.2019 , 12:30 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Trance-Gemini View Post
Congrats fellow guild member! You may have an extra cookie for your efforts!
But you will have to pay for your cookie. That will be 20 cartel coins
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

SparkySquirrel's Avatar


SparkySquirrel
11.12.2019 , 03:35 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by lordoftransform View Post
On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq
Congrats!
So glad you posted as I was just wondering today if it was gonna be possible to get to 999 before they reset it.

Gilrenna's Avatar


Gilrenna
11.12.2019 , 04:07 PM | #44
So...is there a level 1,000? I prefer even numbers.

TheRandomno's Avatar


TheRandomno
11.12.2019 , 04:09 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
Yea man his buddies thought he should do it, it wasnt even his idea. Then he never responds back to his own thread.

This is fake news.
Are you claiming it's fake? Go find him on Star Forge and inspect his character.

And not surprised this thread is still going, people must always find a purpose for something that suits them, or otherwise it's a "waste of time".

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
11.12.2019 , 04:31 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
And not surprised this thread is still going, people must always find a purpose for something that suits them, or otherwise it's a "waste of time".
That's a great statement. I find that the most concerning thing about people in general, nowadays. Seems worse since we tend to use social media outlets for our communication, which is ironic in my mind.

I find when people make suggestions that others aren't interested in, those people who ought be apathetic instead seem inspired to be sure to poo-poo the suggestion only because they wouldn't consider it something useful to them.

Why is this? Why even bother commenting, if you don't care about it? Like this thread... I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace, but I wouldn't comment negatively on it.

It's the same thing, if someone makes a love Vector thread, I wouldn't get in the thread and create debate on whether or not Vector is lovable just because I find him as annoying as a gnat flying around my face. (Fitting he's part bug.)

I think records are fun, just to see where the boundaries are at for human performance, so this post was nice in that regard, just seeing how far some players pushed themselves to grind this out as fast as possible.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ReeRoo's Avatar


ReeRoo
11.13.2019 , 10:19 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I find when people make suggestions that others aren't interested in, those people who ought be apathetic instead seem inspired to be sure to poo-poo the suggestion only because they wouldn't consider it something useful to them.

Why is this? Why even bother commenting, if you don't care about it? Like this thread... I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace, but I wouldn't comment negatively on it.
You're a walking contradiction. You declare others should be barred from opining on whether something is a waste of time but in the same breath you pontificate that others you disagree with are wasting time. Then you cheerlead Renown 999 but in the same breath you admit "I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace". Anything that has zero value is, by definition, a waste of time. Thus you have declared in politically correct fashion that grinding Renown 999 is in fact, a waste of time.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
11.14.2019 , 02:54 AM | #48
So its clear that the OP was farming the turrets in Umbarra Flashpoint, which gave too much renow points. On one hand this is remarkable as the encouter spawns 12 turrets which give 10k points which is 120k renow points, then you vanish or stuck it and repeat.

One Renow rank is 160k points he gained 160 milion Renow points that means 1332 encounters of the turrets.Sure these are just the numbers, it might have been different. We tried one encounter and it can be done in under 4 minutes. This means around 90 hours of playing the same encounter. by playing 6 hours a day, it took 15 days, but the time played can be different.

Like I said on one side its remakrable, on the other side its really an exploit, since besides getting the achievement you were also getting fragments for every renow rank and was able to buy the set bonus pieces. You get 100 fragments per rank, which means he got almost 100k fragments, which equals to 33 set bonus pieces, so 4 full set bonuses. Whether its a waste of time, I cant really say, you just need to look at the numbers and judge for yourself. The only thing I know is that there is an achievement and people will want to get it, somehow
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
11.14.2019 , 04:14 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeRoo View Post
[stuff]
You're one of those people that thinks you should get a prize for climbing Everest or it doesn't mean anything... aren't you?

It's a mountain, OP climbed it well before anyone else did, therefore it is an accomplishment. doesn't matter how they did it, or whether there was a special prize for it... they simply did what no one else did, first.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

ReeRoo's Avatar


ReeRoo
11.14.2019 , 11:00 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
You're one of those people that thinks you should get a prize for climbing Everest or it doesn't mean anything... aren't you? It's a mountain, OP climbed it well before anyone else did, therefore it is an accomplishment. doesn't matter how they did it, or whether there was a special prize for it... they simply did what no one else did, first.
Wrong. Renown 999 is not equivalent to climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Mt. Everest takes an ungodly amount of skill, physical and mental prowess, preparation, strategy, teamwork and moreover, a willingness to DIE a horrible and painful death on site. Your analogy is juvenile.

Your assertion OP made some big accomplishment because he "simply did what no one else did, first" is likewise flawed beyond belief. Under your logic, Adolf Hitler is worthy of accolades because he was the first do do a great many things. Also, John Wayne Gacy was the first serial killer dressed as a clown who had 20 bodies buried under his house. Under your theory, Gacy is worthy of accomplishment because he was the first to do what he did.

Your attempt to White Knight has failed and your argument has been duly Hiroshima'ed. However, you have greatly reinforced the conclusion that Renown 999 is a mindless and worthless grind.