Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Man, this story seems to be fully catered to you being the Jedi Knight...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Man, this story seems to be fully catered to you being the Jedi Knight...

Ovaline
11.02.2015 , 09:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by flumfsushi View Post
I think a major problem for many people is they have a difficult time accepting anyone other than a force user as the "big hero" of a Star Wars story.
It's not even that. Bounty Hunter kills more Jedi than probably anyone else in his story. Disregarding powerlevels completely, a lot of the classes don't seem to fit in KOTFE very well, or have choices forced on them that don't make a lot of sense.

SteveTheCynic
11.02.2015 , 09:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by flumfsushi View Post
I think a major problem for many people is they have a difficult time accepting anyone other than a force user as the "big hero" of a Star Wars story. In nearly every Star Wars story be it a game, book, movie, or whatever else the big hero is nearly always a Jedi. That trend is going to influence people's expectations of a Star Wars story, when the hero isn't a Jedi something about the story doesn't feel right.

I'm certain people will disagree but this is what I feel, for most people "Star Wars hero = Jedi."
My consumption of Star Wars material (outside this game) is limited to ANH, ESB, and RotJ on the film side, and Splinter of the Mind's Eye and Han Solo at Star's End on the novel side. In both the novels there are no Jedi as such, although SotME features a Force user as hero, with a Dark Lord of the Sith (a Darth, no less) as chief antagonist.

As far as I can tell, Han Solo at Star's End had, if memory serves, no Force users at all. That said, in the "epic fairy tale" sense of the term, it didn't feel so much like a Star Wars story either, so maybe you're on to something...
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

gblXsw
11.02.2015 , 10:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ovaline View Post
Probably how he laughs at you and says you're insignificant to him and then when you set that trap to shock all of his thralls into unconsciousness he just takes over their bodies again minutes later, and then absorbs an entire planet right in front of you.
That's the same for all classes. Especially Knight and Consular have virtually the same lines. After a fleeting reference to Dromund Kaas in the first conversation Vitiate never acknowledges your history. As far as I can see, there is zero indication that the knight is more significant to him than the consular.

And as for Warrior/Inquisitor, where he refers to the Wrath in the Warrior story, he refers to the Dark Council in the Inquisitor story. He's just as condescending towards his Wrath as he is towards the councilor, maybe even more at times.

Joachimthbear
11.02.2015 , 11:22 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by gblXsw View Post
He's just as condescending towards his Wrath as he is towards the councilor, maybe even more at times.
When you think about it, the Warrior having been the "Emperor's Wrath" is probably kind of a joke to the Emperor.
Spoiler

myrdinn
11.02.2015 , 01:35 PM | #25
The Agent is really the only one who knows the whole backstory as to why the galaxy is in the state that it is in...
...and the smuggler doesn't care. Nor does the BH.

The force sensitives are all basically in the same boat, with only flavor differences in how they are being hoodwinked by a sociopath.

Which only leaves the trooper out in the abyss as to why he or she is there... and they were the point of the spear thrust into the old Empire's bowls.

thepilk
11.02.2015 , 09:39 PM | #26
Even aside from the notion that the story is more appropriate for a force sensitive type, I think it is still most tuned to the Knight because his relationship with the emperor is more complex, its not just that you have physically fought him before but..

Spoiler
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com