Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Man, this story seems to be fully catered to you being the Jedi Knight...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Man, this story seems to be fully catered to you being the Jedi Knight...

Sardorim
11.01.2015 , 09:05 AM | #1
Male in particular who romanced Kira.

At least that's the vibes I get from it.

Maybe some leeway for Wrath but we all know the Jedi Knight has the strongest connection to what's going on here.

Anysao
11.01.2015 , 09:33 AM | #2
I beg to differ! I've so far played a Knight and an Inquisitor in this story, and while I'm only at chapter six with my Inquisitor, there is a ton of dialogue referencing what you've accomplished as an Inquisitor. As opposed to the Knight, which is pretty generic.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Amadahy
11.01.2015 , 11:20 AM | #3
I have to respectfully disagree. I have taken both of my mains, a scoundrel and operative, through KotFE and they felt fine. I like that their previous adventures were remember.

My Operative, in particular, felt like she fit right in with the story. My Scoundrel, it took a little time before it felt "right." There were a few times, where I questioned why she was in the story as a leader.
Alcaeus Legacy
Agent Melena
Harbinger/Shadowlands

Sardorim
11.01.2015 , 11:26 AM | #4
I disagree as the Emperor has no connection to anyone but the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Lord Scourge and Kira as far as playable and party characters go.

It is out of the left field fir the Emperor to act that way to the other classes even after Zoist. Heck, at Zoist the other classes are clearly unimportant to the Emperor compared to the Knight and Warrior.

Than there's how force powerful the other side is and talks about the force throughout.

The story simply fits far better if you're the Knight, especially with all the Emperor had to say to the Knight throughout.

DAWUSS
11.01.2015 , 11:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
I disagree as the Emperor has no connection to anyone but the Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Lord Scourge and Kira as far as playable and party characters go.

It is out of the left field fir the Emperor to act that way to the other classes even after Zoist. Heck, at Zoist the other classes are clearly unimportant to the Emperor compared to the Knight and Warrior.

Than there's how force powerful the other side is and talks about the force throughout.

The story simply fits far better if you're the Knight, especially with all the Emperor had to say to the Knight throughout.
But there's also Darth Marr and Lana Beniko to take into account. The SW and SI have the most connection to those two.

cool-dude
11.01.2015 , 11:46 AM | #6
I agree with you OP. You, as a Jedi Knight, are Luke Skywalker taking down the evil empire with the Rebel alliance. Or , as a Sith Warrior, are Darth Vader, still an agent of the Emperors will, building a rebel alliance, secretly for the purpose of serving the emperor to fight the usurper and ultimately ensure the Emperor's supreme rule.

Everything else can fit with head-canon, but the story was crafted to fit the fantasy of being Luke or Darth Vader.
I'm a cool dude

SithKoriandr
11.01.2015 , 12:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
But there's also Darth Marr and Lana Beniko to take into account. The SW and SI have the most connection to those two.
My Consular romanced Lana, got on good terms with Marr (who seems can be on good terms with those on the opposite side if he respects them...which he seems to do with Satele).

My Consular also got the Emperor's notice when she stopped all the Emperor's Children. Getting an army together for the war effort also likely helped his needs for his ritual
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

BenitsubasaChiyo
11.01.2015 , 01:54 PM | #8
Not exactly, OP. It's obviously catered to you being a Force Sensitive class.

BW should've considered writing two arcs: one for Jedi/Sith and another one for non-sensitive classes.. but alas.

That being said, I enjoyed taking my groundstomper Commando through KotFE story, even though it felt a lil' bit strange fighting Force prodigies with giant cannon
Blasting reds since early access
Darth Malgus

ChaosIsGolden
11.01.2015 , 02:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

I have to agree and disagree, most of the stories or world quests fit force users far better cannon wise. Depending on how you played and ended certain classes, I always have to scratch my head at the reasons these characters are even doing some of the world quests, or involved with the expansions.
Spoiler
But I never really care, because listening to my smuggler crack jokes as he saves Makeb, keeps me entertained even as the quest bores me to tears now.

My point is Bioware/EA has made it so your character no matter what class, or what your leanings might be, greedy smuggler/psychotic Sith/devoted Jedi feels natural as they run through the content. Since the story content is made to be your story, no matter what class you play.

Canareth
11.01.2015 , 03:43 PM | #10
Through to the point your character could start making their own decisions (disregarding that general plot is set):

Chapter I: Sith mostly because of how it ends. The choice doesn't really work for an orthodox Jedi.

Spoiler

Chapter II: It's the Inquisitor's home turf but heavily written for the JK/SW because of what is said.

Chapter III: JK all the way. All the choices feel weird and/or suicidal as anyone else, plus involve bossing around a much more Darthy Lana.

Chapter IV: Ground pounder.

Chapter V: Force user. Just...period.