Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question to those of you that finished all 8 origin stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question to those of you that finished all 8 origin stories

Darcorn
10.30.2015 , 03:34 PM | #1
Hey guys!

I am seriously considering playing through all 8 class stories. I have a few of them already started (during the 12x XP boost mostly) but I feel that I've missed out on planetary story arcs so I'm planning on restarting all the stories. My main gripe with this (don't get me wrong I LOVE the story) is that I'll have to play the same quests/planets etc. again. Good thing is that leveling through the story has gotten significantly easier since 4.0 kicked in. My question to you is as follows: how did you guys cope with the repetition?

And yes I know that there are "movies" on youtube made of SWTOR cinematics but I want to experience the story without spoiling the fun It's way more gratifying IMHO

Thanks

myrdinn
10.30.2015 , 03:46 PM | #2
Tried my best to not remember the other times I did them.

ScarletBlaze
10.30.2015 , 03:48 PM | #3
My boyfriend and I are still leveling alts and we just rp with each other with some of the story lines and that makes it fun for us.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Darcorn
10.30.2015 , 04:02 PM | #4
Do you also experiment with different conversation choices?

ScarletBlaze
10.30.2015 , 04:07 PM | #5
We tend to sometimes look at each other and then make a comment depending on what the npc says. When they tell us "we are the only ones that can handle it" we look at each other and said "Again, why always us?" and go from there.

Of course we are both roleplayers at heart.

Sometimes with our class story if someone tells my character you are going to die he will respond with "Not while I'm around, she won't."
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Darcorn
10.30.2015 , 04:12 PM | #6
Haha! I also tend to talk back to naysayers during conversations

MoonDroid
10.30.2015 , 04:54 PM | #7
I have all 8 classes and 6 more characters for different advanced classes. I've been playing on and off since beta, so all of those were leveled at different times and at different stages of the game.

My first few oldest characters had to do all the quests to level, including planet and side missions. On the newer ones, I mostly just did class, then a lot of flashpoints and PvP and some planet and side quests for additional xp. One good thing about having done them already is that you can skip the ones you don't like and do the ones you like. Of course, xp boosts are very useful.

Leveling with a friend is great if you're doing content you've already seen. My friend and I leveled a few characters just for the fun of it, because we were just chatting and goofing around and it went by pretty fast.

MWidowmaker
10.30.2015 , 06:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darcorn View Post
how did you guys cope with the repetition?
Thanks
very good question, what I did was alternate, imp, pub, force user, non force user, also i played some against type, or more neutral, balance this with playing a char a bit more once maxed level to get content done, things like story ops, planet quests after main story, flashpoints etc
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Shayddow
10.30.2015 , 09:31 PM | #9
<<how did you guys cope with the repetition? >>

It didn't feel repetitive to me <except the Revan fight which I did 40 times to get weapons for all my companions.... <G>
I varied it up with male/female, light side, dark side, different species. Plus I had done all the companion quests, etc.
For Achievements I varied things as well - i.e. my bounty hunter went and hunted all the "named npcs" on Voss, my agent started the shroud quest first, etc.
Speaking of shroud quest - I still haven't finished the heroic and now, with it being heroic 4 at level 65....gawd. I don't think I will ever manage it. - although unlike the other heroics, the "reward" listed for completing it doesn't seem to be updated.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Nefla
10.31.2015 , 12:09 AM | #10
I listen to music or listen to audiobooks while doing the boring, grindy stuff and snark with random people in general chat.