Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is mercenary (or Bounty hunter ) story worth doing? Or just boost to 60?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is mercenary (or Bounty hunter ) story worth doing? Or just boost to 60?

SithKoriandr
10.31.2015 , 11:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kifa View Post
I was never a big fan of the bounty hunter story. The problem was that I never felt like a bounty hunter, and the story was confusing and boring. It had some fun moments, but they were very far between. Also, Crysta Markon was super annoying and constantly broke my immersion with that goofy accent.

I did enjoy Gault Rennow, though. I also liked the female bounty hunter voice. The male voice, however, was torture and traumatized my eardrums.
OMG! I watched visdeos with the male Hunter, it sounded terrrible! Especially looked off when people went with BT1.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

runar_smugler
10.31.2015 , 01:51 PM | #22
Male voice is male voice no matter what....the most important thing is what they say

hansumlazurwolf
10.31.2015 , 06:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Your Hunter however treats it like they're innocent. "It's just my job."
Reminds me of Genghis Kahn.

"I am punishment from God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

runar_smugler
11.01.2015 , 01:16 AM | #24
Well at least now in the emperor expansion things might be different. ..I have not recieved a single Job for money hehe. All I am doing is saving innocent lives

But. ..it prob does not reflect the 1 to 60 experience...but my bh has not realy done any of that

DogMeat
11.01.2015 , 10:17 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by runar_smugler View Post

What is your guys opinion about this?

I have started a level 60 merc ...but seing how cool it is..i started to think about his story...
I really like teh entire story, ALL OF IT.
SO yes, to answer you. Start from lvl 1 and run with it.
╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{████████████████████████████████████████)Wet Wookie Time

runar_smugler
11.02.2015 , 02:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DogMeat View Post
I really like teh entire story, ALL OF IT.
SO yes, to answer you. Start from lvl 1 and run with it.
You are probably right, but I have played too much on my new level 60 toon..dinged 65 last night..and i realy dont wanne start all over again hehe. And soon Star wars battlefront comes out..and I forsee me playing that quite a bit..so i was thinking to play my max level toon as much as possible before i break for battlefront

But....at some point..i might make an new alt just to play through the BH story!

Billupsat
11.02.2015 , 10:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by gothshark View Post
The first two chapters are slow, but once things take off, it is a really good story. I don't want to say spoilers, but there is a moment that shifts the focus from what you think is going to happen, to something else. Once that happens I felt it was one of the better Stories in the game. Of course the best 3 stories are Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, and Imperial Agent.

Seriously everyone needs to play those three at least. Also Sith Inquisitor works so well with Fallen Empire I almost think it is a continuation of the Class Storyline.
I find it hilarious that those 3 stories are the ones I liked the least, and actively disliked during whole arcs. (Agent Chapter 2 is the only chapter I truly enjoyed out of the entire story) The ones I liked the best were Jedi Consular, Sith Inquisitor, and Bounty Hunter,

OP, depending on your taste you'll probably enjoy the BH story, its similar in story setup to the smuggler but has a much better structured story with a coherent flow, which I can't say for the smuggler after chapter 1.