Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question to those of you that finished all 8 origin stories

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Question to those of you that finished all 8 origin stories

Cedia
11.02.2015 , 09:11 AM | #21
What is the "reward" for finishing all 8 stories? They seem to be pushing that with the little meter on the left of the login screen.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

myrdinn
11.02.2015 , 10:20 AM | #22
A golden symbol by your name that you cannot turn off.

Deshiel
11.02.2015 , 11:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedia View Post
What is the "reward" for finishing all 8 stories? They seem to be pushing that with the little meter on the left of the login screen.
legendary status on your portrait and an icon in your name

also you get some extra presence but I dont know how much

Storm-Cutter
11.02.2015 , 12:19 PM | #24
I levelled 12 characters the long way- no boosts, no nothing - did /doing the other 4 ( for a full AC spread) with 12xp and WZ, GSF and the rest. - Almost there! Was living legend a long time ago - but never gave it much thought. - Though plenty on my server.

- As others have said, jump around a bit - maybe each chapter- but don't leave anyone for too long- lest you forget what was going on.

Playing a different AC, role and gender and LS or DS also helps - seeing where it gets you. DS human gunslinger DPS LS male plays quite different from LS scoundrel sawbones Sith female for instance.

It is surprising how much you forget and some of the nuggets you remember. But the worst part is the endless fighting mobs, and long corridors, huge landscapes and orbital stations- and all those things which do nothing meaningful except slow down progress.

- Probably was a great idea five years ago:
"Hey people will sub 10% longer if we waste their time getting absolutely nowhere for 10% of the game!"
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Phyreblade
11.02.2015 , 02:38 PM | #25
Depends on the classes. Some of the stories, I thoroughly enjoyed so that I was easily able to repeat and repeat and then repeat again. I have played through the Smuggler story no less than three times, besides the one I leveled in the beta of the game to near end-game. I have 2 Bounty Hunters, 2 Sith Warriors and 2 Jedi Knights. I'm most likely going to repeat the Agent story again; I'm writing that character's story down into a fanfiction and just want to play it through again.

Then there is the Trooper class story, that I played through twice. But only because I ultimately wanted a Commando more than a Vanguard and suffered through the story again in order to get a Trooper healer. That dude, I simply space-barred my way through the entire thing. I didn't dislike the Consular or Inquisitor stories, but I wasn't bamboozled enough to play them through more than once.

So for me, it's just about seeing it. And if I like it, I'll play it multiple times through.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Darcorn
11.02.2015 , 02:59 PM | #26
Since 4.0, the farthest along in the story is my IA Marksmanship sniper (level 48). I absolutely love the James Bond style story, I am also levelling a Sith Warrior because the Darth Baras storyline is interesting (confidentially I love po'ing him and can't wait until I get the chance to kick his behind!) The planet that I am always loath to repeat is Balmorra (especially the weapons factory). Good thing is that companions have been improved so that levelling feels faster and less repetitive than before

Birna
11.03.2015 , 10:28 PM | #27
By the time I was on alt #4, I knew what planets I never wanted to do again and would do other things to fill in that XP gap, be it the on-rails space missions, PvPing, or doing some FPs. I also frequently duo'd with my husband, which made the planet quest conversations more interesting, because I couldn't fully control how the conversation would go.

I did tend to focus on one class until the end of their story. Partly so I wouldn't forget what the hell happened up to that point, but partly so I wouldn't accidentally wind up having to do, say, Drommund Kaas three times in a row.

And for repeats of the same class, I would just ... play through differently? My first smuggler was a lady gunslinger who was quite light side. My next smuggler was a dude scoundrel who leaned light side but wasn't chained to it. My third was a dude gunslinger who was a total sleazebag. Etc.