Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

cuttothechase

if you want competitive pvp, our server The Bastion is your best bet of those 3. The only server I've seen so far with better competition is pot5 and thats an east coast server so more lat problems for people from apac there than the bastion. If you do end up rerolling on the bastion, hit up pretty much anyone in Hey I'm MVP(me or justbaddies especially), we like to help out new guilds start up for rateds if they should need it. good luck

EDIT: oh and if you want to see some rateds on our server before u make ur decision

Hey I'm MVP Marauder stream-http://www.twitch.tv/sharkyn87

Don't Panic Vanguard stream-http://www.twitch.tv/tepic_ve

Hi Ryre, I used to be on Nadd's Sarcophogus with you.

We appreciate your offer and i remember you being quite good http://i.imgur.com/2eDeX.jpg ...

...but in that twitch TV feed... what's with the Rated win trading in the Voidstar at the 39 minute mark? Is that common? Or did you just meet up with a team that gave up and you agreed to let them have medals?

..also in the Novare directly following that you guys went straight for the 3 cap...that indicates that you feel pretty confident that you'd get. On Master D that can't even be attempted... whoever guards a node solo couldn't/wouldn't be soloed in time before help arrived meanwhile South would be capped because it'd be short a player..in this case 2 players. Is the level of competiton generally that low or did you realize it was possible because it was vs a bad team?

Edited by cuttothechase

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryre, I used to be on Nadd's Sarcophogus with you.

We appreciate your offer and i remember you being quite good http://i.imgur.com/2eDeX.jpg ...

...but in that twitch TV feed... what's with the Rated win trading in the Voidstar at the 39 minute mark? Is that common? Or did you just meet up with a team that gave up and you agreed to let them have medals?

..also in the Novare directly following that you guys went straight for the 3 cap...that indicates that you feel pretty confident that you'd get. On Master D that can't even be attempted... whoever guards a node solo couldn't/wouldn't be soloed in time before help arrived meanwhile South would be capped because it'd be short a player..in this case 2 players. Is the level of competiton generally that low or did you realize it was possible because it was vs a bad team?

Theres a lot of variation in skill on this server. Theres some guilds that can just be stomped because they are new to rateds, under geared etc. There is some win trading as well but usually its during hours that the actual rated teams dont que, every once and a while u get them. We don't win trade but when theres a new or under geared guild unless we want to get to the better teams quickly we will let them have some medals so they keep queing, get comms and don't get discouraged etc. But as for competition theres Hey I'm MVP, Don't Panic, Synergy, BadCompany, Volition, Nothing-Personal, and a couple other really good guilds that all que very regularly. And that screenshot, i miss my old 4's team, baken, ageon, and muff. What sucks though is that this a problem on any higher pop server, is that you get paired with teams that you out class so often when theres other teams queing that are on your level but they get paired with the bad teams as well so you play a ton of really bad teams until you get the good teams. It's a serious flaw with the matchmaking system for rateds >.<

Theres a lot of variation in skill on this server. Theres some guilds that can just be stomped because they are new to rateds, under geared etc. There is some win trading as well but usually its during hours that the actual rated teams dont que, every once and a while u get them. We don't win trade but when theres a new or under geared guild unless we want to get to the better teams quickly we will let them have some medals so they keep queing, get comms and don't get discouraged etc. But as for competition theres Hey I'm MVP, Don't Panic, Synergy, BadCompany, Volition, Nothing-Personal, and a couple other really good guilds that all que very regularly. And that screenshot, i miss my old 4's team, baken, ageon, and muff. What sucks though is that this a problem on any higher pop server, is that you get paired with teams that you out class so often when theres other teams queing that are on your level but they get paired with the bad teams as well so you play a ton of really bad teams until you get the good teams. It's a serious flaw with the matchmaking system for rateds >.<
Thank you for your excellent reply. Very honest and open. At least you get pops... we get almost none without pre-scheduling another team to play on the same night. As for the matching system technically i believe it was desisgned to match similar ranked teams but i'd be guessing it needs a much bigger pool of teams before that system actually worked effectively..Thanks again

Yeah i have rerolled on Bastion my self and hitting 50 recently the pvp seems really good considering im in full Recruit gear slowly getting some BM gear its not as bad as you would think there are hardly any premade WH geared teams rolling around, people do freak out when they see a few recruits on a team but the other team most of the time have the same amount or just really bad for a geared player, just today i was in a 4man group with Tinks and Victoria both are in full recruit aswell Tinkks topped the healing by heaps against much much better geared healers and Vic pulls out 400k+ damage done as Anni on her Mara (thats in MK-1 recruit gear) ive won alot more games then i have lost

TL:DR : PvP is great dont be discouraged by being in crap gear for a bit its really really easy to farm up now then it was pre 1.2/1.3 and come show these americans how to PvP

also PS ILY Ryere and Justbaddies :p

Yeah i have rerolled on Bastion my self and hitting 50 recently the pvp seems really good considering im in full Recruit gear slowly getting some BM gear its not as bad as you would think there are hardly any premade WH geared teams rolling around, people do freak out when they see a few recruits on a team but the other team most of the time have the same amount or just really bad for a geared player, just today i was in a 4man group with Tinks and Victoria both are in full recruit aswell Tinkks topped the healing by heaps against much much better geared healers and Vic pulls out 400k+ damage done as Anni on her Mara (thats in MK-1 recruit gear) ive won alot more games then i have lost

TL:DR : PvP is great dont be discouraged by being in crap gear for a bit its really really easy to farm up now then it was pre 1.2/1.3 and come show these americans how to PvP

also PS ILY Ryere and Justbaddies :p

I kind of think that's the point some people are trying to make, this isn't 'good' pvp. Sure it's balanced but the players are terrible. So for the average bear, the average wz, it is good, for ranked it's a bad thing.

You must have been very unlucky with your pvp groupings on the harbinger. When i pvp i pvp to win, and generally you only need one person on the team with this attitue, coordinating....

Granted ive been stuck in games where theres only been 2 caps and they were both me, or there are people who dont understand what they are doing bringing the others down, but this is to be expected in an MMO.

Harbinger does have a very good PVE base though, pug EC HMs for me have gone well, contrary to other servers... The latency is no big deal for me, the GTN is constantly packed and you can almost always find at least one of each item constantly on there. General chat can be trolled on occasion but its worse on republic than empire.

Theres just my two cents on the harbinger, to anyone thinking of joining.

I kind of think that's the point some people are trying to make, this isn't 'good' pvp. Sure it's balanced but the players are terrible. So for the average bear, the average wz, it is good, for ranked it's a bad thing.

yeah that might be true but im pvping every 1-2mins all day every day how longs the wait on master D again? dont get me wrong there are times we lose as a 4man because the reps have a premade of full 20k+ hp people and stuff but there are also bads aswell and many decent players just like ANY server in this game ive recently come back and did a few wzs on master D and i saw some geared bad players you guys are talking like this server everyone is a top tier pvper lol...its also hard to gear a fresh toon or old ones that are still in champion/BM gear etc on Master D due to everyone queing mostly are fully geared and just want to smash people cause they hardly get the chance..on bastion its alot easier to have fun while pvping aswell as being competitive

PvPers if you want constant games any time of the day/night you know where to look

edit: ahh i see your point you're trying to make about Normal WZs are good but the ranked WZs would be bad? the only time ranked happens on master D is if people form one up from fleet/guild with 16 people most of the time its in house with a couple pugs i have lost 11 games while the groups are "trying to get a balance going" nothing will ever be balanced unless people on master D that want to do ranked run groups in full recruit against full recruit geared others and even then it will come down to player skill and its really hard to balance that

anyway its 6am and i dont really know what im rambling on about rofl but yeah come level on The Bastion im always online some others aswell and running premade <49 pvp most of the time until others logg on their 50s its all chill :p

Edited by Shioji

I will be honest, pvp on the bastion has impressed me. It really depends when you play, sometimes imps dominate, sometimes it is close and other times the pubs dominate. There seem to be really good players on both sides at all hours and more of them are keen to group if you ask.

I am looking forwards to ranked on this server when compared to Aus servers there are more competitive teams queing more often and more people seem to be looking for a challenge. There are a few players from MDN that i think will thrive over here and would love the non-stop pvp :D

Ranked PVP was awsome last night on Master Dar'nala last night. I believe there were 4 teams queing at one point. We were down to 14% on Nova Coast then made a huge comeback to beat <Boss>, but it was very close, very competitive.

If things stay active on Master Dar'nala like this, along with the excellent ping and a server merge. We could have awsome PVP server in the making...

Ranked PVP was awsome last night on Master Dar'nala last night. I believe there were 4 teams queing at one point. We were down to 14% on Nova Coast then made a huge comeback to beat <Boss>, but it was very close, very competitive.

If things stay active on Master Dar'nala like this, along with the excellent ping and a server merge. We could have awsome PVP server in the making...

So i take you will stay when free to play launches then Chief?

I transferred my Rep main toon to Master D before i quit SWTOR couple months back.Re-rolled new Imp toon to 50 and when i came back the server now dead :(

Looking for people/guild to do some OPS(mainly for PvE) and occasional PvP Level 50 Scoundrel/healer and level 50 Sith juggy/Tank :D

Can I just say that the few WZ's I have done recently (October) I enjoyed against BOSS and Midian. Also that Nightmare Council dude who tried to gank me in Section X the other day while I was fighting mobs, I trust you enjoyed a mouth full of cement :p. Ah it's all good, it ended up being the theme of that day I think. That said, I only tried to gank 50s when I was sub 45 on Hoth. :)

Anyway, an APAC Server merge I think is desirable (in terms of Master D's well being). Transfers would result in total exodus I believe.

At the moment a low ping of 30 ms for me is great and I dont really want to set up again on the US either through a merge or through transfer but I would if I had to (I'd do either).

I think WZ's would be questionable over 300ms but I prefer to raid so idk how important that will be.

I like Master Dar but I dare say a decision on our future is imminent (BW stated they'd wait until the after f2p to see what happens) unless f2p'ers suddenly start arriving in droves. Either way the community is good and Im happy to continue with it in whatever form.

Myself, my son and my two brothers have re-subbed (family affair I guess). Having an absolute blast and hope the population picks up. I'm trying to help anyone looking for groups and welcome F2Pers.

I would be happy to play on a merged server. Open world PvP not really happening anyway. Love the low pings for WZs and don't want to lose that just yet.