Light Side Jedi losing full control to the Emperor...

Nennil

The end of Chapter 1? When the Jedi Guardian faces the Emperor for the 1st time..... Is not possible!

How does it read? Was taken control of...for an undetermined amount of time?? or something like that.

BULL ROAR!.

No way, no matter how powerful the emperor is..

(A) .. he is Not GOD! no matter how much you evil dark side game developers might dream him up!..

And (B) no way a Light side max level 5 10000 light 0 dark... can be taken control over like that. Give me a break.. for an unknow amount of time??

No way i refuse to believe it....

And what exactly did the Emperor have me do while i was under his seemingly FULL control....? And where are my dark side points for commiting those act's?

(which I am glad i did not get, that would have been "auto-delete swtor, for sure). But even so, it makes sence to a 12 year old only....

Even before We goto the emperors ship.. I was worried how this might all make sence...? And I was right to be concerned.

No way the Jedi Councel allows such a fool hearty thing to happen in the first place... NO way I choose to go along with them...

(Although I admit, that at this point in the story there might be a chance, however unplausable. that the Jedi council would not know the Emperor is lv 2000.

Because that is what he would have to be to take full control over a Jedi like that... Did i mention Light side 5.. the most they allow us to reach??

I am fine with the Emperor being MEGA STRONG... I am not fine that my character was forced along a storyline that makes him lose control to the darkest force in existance.. ( A total evil and dark side thing to do Mr/mrs gamedeveloper)...

What did my character do while 'out of it'...? murder...rape..? I mean one can only imagin what the sicko's are laughing about in the gamedeveloper's room.... shame shame shame....

I am an old dude.. In fact I have watched all the Starwars movies in theater..original release. (albeit, i was very young for New hope)

I know starwars... A this is NOT the 1977's (true) Starwars...No way I am going to let some corperate enity tell me that the darkside is better, or that a truly light side (eg. Obi-wan Kenobi, Luke skywalker would 'EVER' be under the Emperors control like that.)

I was a litte boy when this all came out. I am just 1 of the many that dreamed of galaxies far far away..long long before most, were even born!

"We are Starwars"!

Aniken fell to the dark side and turned into Darth Vader... Because he was weak...and was 'Never' a true light side Jedi...

A true Light Side Jedi such a Yoda..WOULD NEVER BE CONTROLED FOR AN UNSET TIME PERIOD.

This makes me sick... And very very very very Sad!

I have not played the dark side characters at all... Nor would I... But my guess is.. they are not forced into doing light side stuff.

Well any more then a lying, cheating and decitful darkside would do normally to accomplish thier goals....

Shame shame shame....

It is far more plauseable that a Dark side be forced into Kindhearted deeds.. then a light side go Dark...

The Light side of the force is more powerful....

You know.. Good Always win's in the end..Duh!.

And then I get Scourge as a companion? A SITH companion for a Light Side 5???? make's me want to PUKE!

For sure the storyline developers are all darkside sith players... :(

I highly doubt your precious Light V is supposed to mean anything in the game apart from cosmetic changes and indication of how bad or good are you. Its not a sight of how cool you are.

But I must agree, the whole "mindcontrolled" thing just felt like the game suddenly decided I have played enough and took my character from me.

Also, when Tol Bragga revealed his plan... my natural reaction were "Someone call a medic. Tol Bragga went insane, poor man"

Well it makes complete sense taking into consideration the Children of the Emperor. Especially when you consider that

Jedi Master on the Council was under his control

But if you look back on the TOR comics that came out, Darth Thanaton before he became a full fledged Sith was also mind controlled by the Emperor and all he remembers is just awaking after their meeting.

It has nothing at ALL to do with your alignment. Look at Revan...

This is only a problem if you want to play a god who can't be defeated. Not that interesting. Not only was it shocking--sadly less so for people here, since 2 threads have spoiled it in their titles unnecessarily, but it raises the stakes dramatically. DS is more powerful than light. We're told that in lore. It's why jedi fall and why sith choose to be what they are, and the emperor is the most powerful sith. There's a reason that attacking the emperor is difficult. The knight story isn't one of being an all powerful god, it's one of having to make difficult choices--choosing light when dark is often more productive and sensible, or of becoming tainted by darkness. It can be one of struggle to remain purely light at personal cost, or a slow, almost inevitable slide to darkness. It's very well done and well worth playing. Edited by errant_knight

This is the most disrespectful and ignorant post I've ever seen. The OP seem to assume that he know everything, but his post display total ignorance of the star wars lore.

1)

The Sith Emperor became what he is from draining all the force on a whole planet and over a thousand sith. So do you really think that he can't beat down and take control of 4 jedi?

2)

Revan and Malak was both very powerful jedi, but both of them was mind controlled by The Sith Emperor.

3) Luke Skywalker would never fall to the dark side? Excuse me but how do you deer make such asumtions without checking the facts? Luke Skywalker did in fact fall to the dark side in the Dark Empire series.

4) Yoda would never fall to the dark side? Well fun fact, there are many indications that the little guy in his 900 years life at some point had fallen to the dark side. The fact that he masters force lightning is only one.

So yes you feel under his control, and it was shown how you were trained at the Emperor's space station. However, like Revan you broke out of the Emperor's mind control, so be happy about that.

As for the "mind control" the entity Abeloth was also able to use force psychosis to mind control jedis, so this is far from impossible.

As for the whole "I'm so light side" complaint, well congratulations, but that only have minor impact on the story, and neither do it indicate your power or willpower level, and it doesn't protect you from certain force powers. In the game you are a young jedi but talented jedi. However, The Sith Emperor is a thousand years old entity.

I suggest you start investigating lore before assuming that you know what "can and cannot be done" because right now you clearly have no idea.

EDIT: It is the end of chapter 2, I can tell that you're really in to this...

And don't post spoilers in the headline!

Edited by Inzuher

Not saying any of you are wrong.. It just simply is not the Star Wars I grew up on... And they told me in game to post on a web page so this is what I have done.

Maybe I have helped someone else who was fooled as I have been.

I have not called any of you wrong for enjoying it, nor will I ever do so.

I apologize for a spoiler in the title thing.. that was not something I thought about at the time...obviously

I have not read any books or magazine articles .. I am strickly a movie;s only person.

I realize in most people's eye that make's me a horrible person or something... But personally i don't care...

I only hope that someone will see this for what it is....

A marketing issue. Darkside is more fun to play... they need subscriptions.. hence make light side lame and dark side cool.

As they should i suposse...

I will always love starwars...

And my Luke skywalker doesn't turn darkside...LOL not until i see it in a moive LOL...

Farewell..

here is to hope Disney can bring some purity back to the light side of he force....

Thanks OP! I came here to see what you were talking about only to find out what happens at the end of chapter TWO! I have not gotten there yet. I knew that didn't happen in chapter one because I sure didn't remember it. Next time mark the damn spoilers!:mad:

By the way, you are so wrong on all counts. It is clear you know very little about Star Wars and that you base everything off of the movies. Try researching beyond the films. Your knowledge of the lore is weak.

DS is more powerful than light. We're told that in lore.

Sorry, but I have to call this out for being factually incorrect. We are told explicitly that the dark side is NOT more powerful than the light. It is quicker and easier, but not more powerful. Luke Skywalker is the most powerful force user in the universe according to canon and he is a light side jedi all the way.

Sorry, but I have to call this out for being factually incorrect. We are told explicitly that the dark side is NOT more powerful than the light. It is quicker and easier, but not more powerful. Luke Skywalker is the most powerful force user in the universe according to canon and he is a light side jedi all the way.

Actually, George Lucas himself said that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader was the most powerful Force user ever, but because of particular "mustafarian events he never lived up to and acquired all that power. Darth Sidious however was the most powerful Force-user of all time at his peak, though if Anakin had achieved his peak, Lucas said he would have been twice as powerful as Sidious, as Anakin is directly fathered from the Force.

Edited by Darth_Precursor

Actually, George Lucas himself said that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader was the most powerful Force user ever, but because of particular "mustafarian events he never lived up to and acquired all that power. Darth Sidious however was the most powerful Force-user of all time at his peak, though if Anakin had achieved his peak, Lucas said he would have been twice as powerful as Sidious, as Anakin is directly fathered from the Force.

Smh sorry but Lucas doesnt own star wars anymore so as far as im concerned his 6 movies are the only thing thats G-canon and anything aside from that including his statements regarding ones power are no longer valid.

Not saying any of you are wrong.. It just simply is not the Star Wars I grew up on... And they told me in game to post on a web page so this is what I have done.

I apologize for a spoiler in the title thing.. that was not something I thought about at the time...obviously

I have not read any books or magazine articles .. I am strickly a movie;s only person.

I realize in most people's eye that make's me a horrible person or something... But personally i don't care...

A marketing issue. Darkside is more fun to play... they need subscriptions.. hence make light side lame and dark side cool.

And my Luke skywalker doesn't turn darkside...LOL not until i see it in a moive LOL...

Farewell..

here is to hope Disney can bring some purity back to the light side of he force....

Your fine to stick to the movie lore but theres nothing in the movies saying jedi luke or other wise were immune to sith mind control at best it never came up. If your limiting your lore to movies you really shouldn't complain about a games lore one way or the other. At best it's in a format you don;t care about in which case your complaint is rather weak, at worse your woefully ignorant to make any such criticism.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

Smh sorry but Lucas doesnt own star wars anymore so as far as im concerned his 6 movies are the only thing thats G-canon and anything aside from that including his statements regarding ones power are no longer valid.

Um, Lucas outlined episodes 7-9 that are coming out himself, not Disney. He still has a lot of say in the final product of any Star Wars related concept. From what I read, Disney is not going to be that tyrannical and George will have imput.

Also, to think that everything outside of the movies is automatically invalidated because the company is now owned by Disney is really poorly thought out. There is an entire huge Extended Universe that you can't ignore simply because Lucas no longer owns LucasArts. That is just as valid as the movies. Otherwise, you'd have to consider the movies worthless too, since he no longer owns LucasFilm nor Skywalker Sound.

That makes the entire lore of Star Wars invalid. Yeah....I don't think so.

I agree with some of the posters here. This entire game is based off of the EU and not even remotely off of the movies. If you're going to limit your lore to just the movies, then this isn't the game for you.

Unless you are trolling. In that case, well done! :D

Edited by natashina

I'm Sorry this is not the Ep 4-6 emperor, In this timeline the emperor is BOSS. I mean really, We had a sith lord that could absorb force from planets in this timeline (blind people) to say what the emperor in this time can do and not do is like looking at someone pretending to be Zeus and telling the real Zeus (just a fantasy idea) that he really isn't a god because future you is a *****.

The end of Chapter 1? When the Jedi Guardian faces the Emperor for the 1st time..... Is not possible!

How does it read? Was taken control of...for an undetermined amount of time?? or something like that.

BULL ROAR!.

(A) .. he is Not GOD! no matter how much you evil dark side game developers might dream him up!..

And (B) no way a Light side max level 5 10000 light 0 dark... can be taken control over like that. Give me a break.. for an unknow amount of time??

And what exactly did the Emperor have me do while i was under his seemingly FULL control....? And where are my dark side points for commiting those act's?

(which I am glad i did not get, that would have been "auto-delete swtor, for sure). But even so, it makes sence to a 12 year old only....

Even before We goto the emperors ship.. I was worried how this might all make sence...? And I was right to be concerned.

No way the Jedi Councel allows such a fool hearty thing to happen in the first place... NO way I choose to go along with them...

(Although I admit, that at this point in the story there might be a chance, however unplausable. that the Jedi council would not know the Emperor is lv 2000.

Because that is what he would have to be to take full control over a Jedi like that... Did i mention Light side 5.. the most they allow us to reach??

I am fine with the Emperor being MEGA STRONG... I am not fine that my character was forced along a storyline that makes him lose control to the darkest force in existance.. ( A total evil and dark side thing to do Mr/mrs gamedeveloper)...

What did my character do while 'out of it'...? murder...rape..? I mean one can only imagin what the sicko's are laughing about in the gamedeveloper's room.... shame shame shame....

I am an old dude.. In fact I have watched all the Starwars movies in theater..original release. (albeit, i was very young for New hope)

I know starwars... A this is NOT the 1977's (true) Starwars...No way I am going to let some corperate enity tell me that the darkside is better, or that a truly light side (eg. Obi-wan Kenobi, Luke skywalker would 'EVER' be under the Emperors control like that.)

I was a litte boy when this all came out. I am just 1 of the many that dreamed of galaxies far far away..long long before most, were even born!

"We are Starwars"!

Aniken fell to the dark side and turned into Darth Vader... Because he was weak...and was 'Never' a true light side Jedi...

A true Light Side Jedi such a Yoda..WOULD NEVER BE CONTROLED FOR AN UNSET TIME PERIOD.

I have not played the dark side characters at all... Nor would I... But my guess is.. they are not forced into doing light side stuff.

Well any more then a lying, cheating and decitful darkside would do normally to accomplish thier goals....

Shame shame shame....

It is far more plauseable that a Dark side be forced into Kindhearted deeds.. then a light side go Dark...

And then I get Scourge as a companion? A SITH companion for a Light Side 5???? make's me want to PUKE!

BULL ROAR!.

"We are Starwars"!

Shame shame shame....

nerd rage much? good lord. Basically, your force attunement doesn't mean anything. Your mind was weaker than his. Simple as that.

Farewell..

If movies are all you care about then why are you playing this game? If EU stuff isn't real then why are you complaining about an EU game. This thread is a fail.