Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

Vaidinah
05.11.2015 , 02:44 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Arunas View Post
Thanks for the guide. I am doing 3.5k on fresh 190 slinger with your rotation

One thing I noticed that our fire effects looks very similar to the ones in Bulo and Torque etc and adds more visual clutter.

Also I see on parsely.io that the top parses now are engineering/saboteur with roll cluster bomb abuse. Obviously using this in actual raid is difficult, but maybe it works on stationary bosses well enough to learn it? How about machine core?
For Bulo, the fire effect that persists doesn't do any damage so while you're right that they are visually conflicting, it's just a bit annoying. With Torque, I would recommend Sharpshooter since the tampering devices should die quick enough with Suppressive Fire and target switching is so important for the Shoots Lasers adds that Saboteur really falls behind.

Parsely is just outdated as of 3.2 in this regard and Scatter Bombs has no relevant use in any boss fight anymore so those parses should be archived. Our real damage is probably something like 400-500 lower, however, I'm sure we'll still see parses using Scatter Bombs despite this fact. I don't know they didn't just remove the damage altogether, but it no longer has any place in raiding as you will only use your roll for mobility or defensive purposes now. It does barely more damage than your auto-attack (which is also free) or Quick Shot (not free), but using it for damage is a complete waste due to the nerf and can place you in bad spots. The machine core has no collision so rolling against it will cause you to plummet to your untimely death.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Camelpockets
05.12.2015 , 06:54 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
For Bulo, the fire effect that persists doesn't do any damage so while you're right that they are visually conflicting, it's just a bit annoying. With Torque, I would recommend Sharpshooter the tampering devices should die quick enough with Suppressive Fire and target switching is so important for the Shoots Lasers adds that Saboteur really falls behind.

Parsely is just outdated as of 3.2 in this regard and Scatter Bombs has no relevant use in any boss fight anymore so that those parses should be archived. Our real damage is probably something like 400-500 lower, however, I'm sure we'll still see parses using Scatter Bombs despite this fact. I don't know they didn't just remove the damage altogether, but it no longer has any place in raiding as you will only use your roll for mobility or defensive purposes now. It does barely more damage than your auto-attack (which is also free) or Quick Shot (not free), but using it for damage is a complete waste due to the nerf and can place you in bad spots. The machine core has no collision so rolling against it will cause you to plummet to your untimely death.
I believe the damage is mainly for pvp reasons now. In PvE circumstances, it's pretty much useless. It can be used as a weak filler on the dummy which deals slightly more damage than a free quickshot. A good parse will use about 3 or 4 rolls.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

Arunas
05.13.2015 , 03:33 AM | #63
Thanks. I guess there is quite a bit of outdated information floating around. But I guess the spec itself is still fun and viable, so np

Camelpockets
05.13.2015 , 05:51 AM | #64
Thanks. I guess there is quite a bit of outdated information floating around. But I guess the spec itself is still fun and viable, so np
I've been too lazy to update the dulfy guides, and the Parsely leaderboards haven't been reset yet, so yeah its floating everywhere. With the high Alacrity build I'm pulling apporx 4900 DPS, so even with the reduction to scatter bombs the spec is still more than viable. (Still with a 192 MH)
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist

Arunas
06.08.2015 , 09:07 AM | #65
Unlike other specs it seems you can maintain your AoE indefinitely, if you use your energy refunding abilities and prioritize Incendiary Grenade over Sweeping Gunfire . I love using this spec in ToS, seems like it can work on all bosses here nicely - haven't attempted HM Revan yet tho.

I feel like sab should be more popular, I believe the DPS is - at least for me - the same as DF (not sure if this is how it supposed to be, I thought DF is more popular as it parses a tiny bit higher?).

Whojoo
06.09.2015 , 05:39 AM | #66
Unlike other specs it seems you can maintain your AoE indefinitely, if you use your energy refunding abilities and prioritize Incendiary Grenade over Sweeping Gunfire . I love using this spec in ToS, seems like it can work on all bosses here nicely - haven't attempted HM Revan yet tho.

I feel like sab should be more popular, I believe the DPS is - at least for me - the same as DF (not sure if this is how it supposed to be, I thought DF is more popular as it parses a tiny bit higher?).
I tend to parse slightly higher with Saboteur than with Dirty Fighting. But the difference is little enough that I do not care.
I personally love both specs, so I swap around with them a bit every now and then. There are only a few fights for which I specificly choose between Saboteur and Dirty Fighting (Lurker, Revan, Cora and M&B depending on tank).
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Camelpockets
06.20.2015 , 09:35 PM | #67
New Priority List inbound.

I'm changing up the rotation for a couple of reasons, some of which others might have found out even before I did
Now whether or not it will be viable will depend from fight to fight, and moreso with varying group comps.

I'll try to update during the week, perhaps Tuesday check back for an update.
Camels the Revanchist

Doomkazar
06.22.2015 , 12:54 AM | #68
with the high alacrity build, what is the difference between your suggested levels of crit, and no crit at all?

fire-breath
06.22.2015 , 04:25 AM | #69
Camel? That downtime you are talking about regat the underlurker fight.
that's kinda a non issue imo.
As saboteurs we have so many instant abilities. I tend to go in hiding right after a speedshot. During the running i cast inc nade. From cover i than either do vital shot or shochcharge depending which block is off cooldown. From there on i just continue my rotation while hopping in and out of cover
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Camelpockets
06.22.2015 , 11:00 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Camel? That downtime you are talking about regat the underlurker fight.
that's kinda a non issue imo.
As saboteurs we have so many instant abilities. I tend to go in hiding right after a speedshot. During the running i cast inc nade. From cover i than either do vital shot or shochcharge depending which block is off cooldown. From there on i just continue my rotation while hopping in and out of cover
This portion of the guide is a little outdated I will admit, and I don't get the oppritunity to use Saboteur on this fight because my new raid lead doesn't see the aoes as useful, so Im stuck using sharp. Although Ive been meaning to find a suitable AoE rotation that can constantly maintain energy. Normally I just throw stuff out there and fix energy afterwards.
Camels the Revanchist