Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Assassin - Best companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Sith Assassin - Best companion

Hethroin
12.28.2011 , 09:32 AM | #21
Darkness spec, I went with Khem (DPS stance, taunt ON) until I got Revel.

Revel was about 50% of my total damage, and was better at assisting and not breaking CC than any DPS I've ran a premade with. Dude doesn't talk too much either. I ended up swapping to the healing companion when I got him, for stability as I started to go into content over my level wanting to keep the story moving.

darkrom
12.28.2011 , 10:16 AM | #22
Talos

Best personal healbot, evah. I do heroic missions with him and don't have to stop DPS to heal him like everyone else.

Pashgan
12.28.2011 , 10:26 AM | #23
Deception/shock assassin

Talos > Xelek => Khem

JohnTGalt
12.28.2011 , 10:50 AM | #24
Darkness assassin here. I absolutely *HATED* using the dashade in my mid 20's - things took forever to kill (2 tanks does not a dps make). I got the blaster guy on Tatooine, and absolutely love him. Based on the above I'm going to have to go back and gear up the dashade again?!?! I haven't pulled him out of mothballs since i got my dps companion... 10 lvls ago.. uugh.
Live to Hate... Hate to Live...

Enochx
12.28.2011 , 10:54 AM | #25
I am only a mid 20's deception assassin, so I only have Khem (well I got the ship droid as well, but he only crafts and cleans my ship. I don't want to run around with him). But I am curious as to which companion is the absolute most needed for higher level elite and champion fights as a deception assassin?

I don't want to use Khem exclusivly forever if I can help it. Are any of the other companions viable for hard fights as a deception assassin?

Also...and this is offtopic, but still....why does the enemy completly heal everytime you use force cloak? Is it only an escape power? I wanted to use it to get back behind the enemy or something, but I swear everytime I use it the boss goes to instant full health. Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

JohnTGalt
12.28.2011 , 11:16 AM | #26
Force cloak is the "get out of combat and go into stealth mode" ability, right? If so, you're getting out of combat... so the mobs reset. seems like a normal mechanic to me.

Of course, I only use it as an "oh crap" button, so i don't care if the mobs reset.
Live to Hate... Hate to Live...

SuperJason
12.28.2011 , 11:49 AM | #27
Talos is probably my favorite. Xalek is a close second though.

Sylverfall
12.28.2011 , 11:52 AM | #28
I have 5 companions now

I am a defensive spec'd assassin and have made it my priority to get as much modable (orange) gear as i can get a hold of. I have made sure the mods have been as close to tank specific stats as possible (more endurance than will power etc).

My companion progression has been like this

Khem'val until i got the robot. Khem had all his taunting abilities turned off and he just AE damaged stuff as he was able for the most part.

Once I got the droid he was my best friend Until I got Andro. The droid I made sure to completely gear as far as possible in green/blue quality gear. I turned on his healing stance and was able to do quite a lot with him. Solo'ing quite a few H2/H4 level quests with some champion killing also

Andronikus Revel is my current companion of choice for normal killing. I have him kitted out in completely updated orange mod gear with level appropriate mods. this includes weapons. He does some amazing damage and I have had him solo strong mobs as well as 3-4 mob normal packs. This is my favorite companion because he put out so much damage

The Jedi Gaurdian Companion - I don't know her name, but she can slice like nobodies business and makes a ****** sammich. She appears to be a single target tank type companion and when/If i ever switch to dps (prolly at 50) i can see her being used a bit more often. but i doubt it cause revel is just too much fun.

Drellik - I have just got him, so he isn't geared. But he talks too much. Once i get him kitted out i think I will be able to solo many H4 bosses and packs Without having to do much CC. His heals are STRONG as they are and i can definitely tell the difference between his abilities and the droids.

that is my jist at level 40. With Revel i haven't had an issue doing much of anything I wanted.

Hethroin
12.28.2011 , 12:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylverfall View Post
Drellik - I have just got him, so he isn't geared. But he talks too much. Once i get him kitted out i think I will be able to solo many H4 bosses and packs Without having to do much CC. His heals are STRONG as they are and i can definitely tell the difference between his abilities and the droids.

that is my jist at level 40. With Revel i haven't had an issue doing much of anything I wanted.
This will only be true if your level and gear is far superior to the H4 you're trying to solo. Simply put the H4's get harder. 2 Golds + 3 Silvers standard pulls, or my favorite, 3 waves of Gold + 2 slivers ending in Champ + Silver. Fully geared, Talos will be able to heal you through just about any even level Gold, assuming you use your interrupts and don't stand in AEs. 2 Silvers? Sure. 3 Silvers and 1 gold? No. Mobs also start acquiring CC after around 40, and some want to mez the healer.

WTB "Stand here while I pull this boss button". So that my healing companion doesn't end up eating a full duration AE.

Sylverfall
12.28.2011 , 12:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
This will only be true if your level and gear is far superior to the H4 you're trying to solo. Simply put the H4's get harder. 2 Golds + 3 Silvers standard pulls, or my favorite, 3 waves of Gold + 2 slivers ending in Champ + Silver. Fully geared, Talos will be able to heal you through just about any even level Gold, assuming you use your interrupts and don't stand in AEs. 2 Silvers? Sure. 3 Silvers and 1 gold? No. Mobs also start acquiring CC after around 40, and some want to mez the healer.

WTB "Stand here while I pull this boss button". So that my healing companion doesn't end up eating a full duration AE.

I want that button also, badly.

I could probably take the 3 silvers + Gold pack with good CC management.