Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide/Theorycrafting] Shadow Tank Compendium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Theorycrafting] Shadow Tank Compendium

Carambole
12.26.2011 , 06:43 AM | #11
Good read. Thanks
The Unknown is Shifting

www.gamezoneeden.se

Alratan
12.28.2011 , 09:22 AM | #12
I have now updated this with a radically improved rotation (thanks to Pininz and lgw), which is far more robust and deals with the relevant, different situations.
Visit SW:TOR Mechanics - SW:TOR theorycrafting for all classes
Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow Tanking Compendium

Mothraa
12.28.2011 , 12:27 PM | #13
Great information, but I was wondering what DW stands for when you say to use it first when pulling. Keep up the great work!

DarthOvertone
12.28.2011 , 01:46 PM | #14
Awesome collection of info. Thx! Probably deserves a Sticky.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Zintair
12.28.2011 , 03:00 PM | #15
@Gear Section

The gear is predetermined and appears to focus (at least from the T1 and T2 stuff I was looking at) exclusively on Endurance > Willpower and Accuracy and Absorb > Defense and Shield.

Only the implants seem to have Defense and Shield while the armor pieces themselves have Accruacy and Absorb.

WHY? - It seems that the Shadow can already achieve a relatively impressive shield chance of around 35-45%. Therefore raising the need for better absorption by the Shield. Also our Defense seems to be roughly 25%. After tanking some hard modes, all of the Eternity Vault Normal Mode and the first boss of Hard Mode Eternity Vault Im not sure how I feel about the gear.

As of right now the gear only has MOD slots for the Mod and Enhancement and the T2 are lvl 56 - I dont know if there are any ways to achieve lvl 51+ Mods and Enhancements but as of right now it appears the gear will focus most toward Accuracy and Absorption with the Implants carrying the Shield and Defense Bonus (As well as any consumables and Relics more than likely)
Joriana Severblade - Jedi Guardian - Defense
Zintair Severblade - Jedi Shadow - Kinetic Combat
DYNAMITE GUILD

baconweave
12.28.2011 , 08:46 PM | #16
I was wondering if there was any information regarding the offhands for shadow tanking. currently I have a 25 shadow and was thinking about tanking. It has been difficult to find a decent offhand that doesn't have strength on it. I haven't seen anything on the forums, but to be honest I didn't look that hard. I'm an artiface lvl 170ish and no patterns have showed up. Any insight would be great.

Skulltap
12.29.2011 , 09:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by baconweave View Post
I was wondering if there was any information regarding the offhands for shadow tanking. currently I have a 25 shadow and was thinking about tanking. It has been difficult to find a decent offhand that doesn't have strength on it. I haven't seen anything on the forums, but to be honest I didn't look that hard. I'm an artiface lvl 170ish and no patterns have showed up. Any insight would be great.
The shield generators you want will be 1 of 3 things. 1) Quest rewards, 2) PVP purchases, or 3) Boss/Random in-game drops.

As far as I can tell there is no schematic for making one with Artifice, which is disappointing, but not the end of the world. I found mine as a quest reward, and it's a decent blue item. Think I found it on Alderaan if I remember correctly. Happy hunting!

Alratan
12.29.2011 , 10:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mothraa View Post
Great information, but I was wondering what DW stands for when you say to use it first when pulling. Keep up the great work!
That should read 'KW', as in Kinetic Ward - now fixed.

Zintair, yes, our options are a bit of a pain, and we mainly need to mod it to appropriate places. This section will hopefully be expanded in the near future to take on some of the good work of some others (such as LagunaD and theonepanda) who have done some more thorough analysis of the stat weightings for survivability.

Quote: Originally Posted by Skulltap View Post
The shield generators you want will be 1 of 3 things. 1) Quest rewards, 2) PVP purchases, or 3) Boss/Random in-game drops.

As far as I can tell there is no schematic for making one with Artifice, which is disappointing, but not the end of the world. I found mine as a quest reward, and it's a decent blue item. Think I found it on Alderaan if I remember correctly. Happy hunting!
I'm fairly certain I've seen willpower shield generator schematics for Artifice, but I've yet to actually use a generator made from it.
Visit SW:TOR Mechanics - SW:TOR theorycrafting for all classes
Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow Tanking Compendium

Kitru
12.29.2011 , 10:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Alratan View Post
I'm fairly certain I've seen willpower shield generator schematics for Artifice, but I've yet to actually use a generator made from it.
It's the opposite, in fact. Artifice only has foci options for Willpower, 2 at each tier in fact. The fact that one of them has a definitely more "shield" oriented name only it is identical to the focus means that the devs done screwed up. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon so that I can go about crafting myself an awesome shield.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

baconweave
12.29.2011 , 01:00 PM | #20
Thanks for the quick reply guys! Hopefully devs can make a fix or maybe I happen to stumble across one on my travels.