Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Shadow Bursting Guide

Stepkick
05.28.2012 , 01:07 AM | #421
Is deception/inflitration viable anymore ..... I have play assassin since early access and I always loved to play deception/inflitration .... but right now it doesnt do enough burst .... max crits hit for like 3.8 to 4k ..... and I can quite easily pull off similar crits using the hybrid 27/0/14 spec ..... Was wondering if any of you other assassin/shadows experiencing the same problem ..... I am in full BM part warhero gear ..... plus in the hybrid spec the crit heals for 1% each target hit .....

anstalt
05.28.2012 , 07:42 AM | #422
I still play inf and I still think it is viable. Just have to realise your strengths and weaknesses.

For example, due to squishiness, we're not great in large scale fights. so, the smaller the fight, the better. For this reason, in matches live novare and alderaan, I go sit on a node and defend. Its boring, but means almost every time someone comes to attack I have my CD's ready and can burst down nearly anyone.

Where we are really ineffective if where a decent tank or healer are involved. It is very easy to shut down an inf shadow, just taunt / guard / heal and after the initial burst, we're kinda rubbish.

Still, I find it fun, get a lot of kills, contribute to the team so its all good
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Xienive
05.29.2012 , 01:48 PM | #423
In my opinion, Infiltration is utter gargbage. Especially if you compare it to the DPS geared tank specs. It doesn't get really good burst when your cooldowns are not up and you are as squishy as a Sage with no bubble.

I mean, some people run it and enjoy it but that doesn't make it good. I lvled up Infiltration as soon as I got the game when it first came out and I switch to it once or twice a week but it feels so much better when I switch back to Kinetic afterwards. Especially I miss force pull, it helps a ton from keeping objectives from getting done for the other team.

Swijr
04.03.2013 , 05:59 AM | #424
I'm going to bump this from the grave. This was a great write up a year ago, where does this build stand now and how viable is Infiltration and what about with 2.0 coming up?

Thanks,
Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info