I've been missing out...

rossonja

So I just hit level 31 on my merc a few days ago, and made a sith assassin and sith marauder for a change of pace for the last few days since. I just realized that you could also train abilities for your spec. The whole time I was missing out on all the good abilities bh had to offer. By this time, there were like over 10 to train and I don't really know what is best. I am running arsenal spec right now. Not to mention, I now have the ability to heal myself lol. Man that would have come in handy multiple times. I have mostly been spamming tracer missile, but I saw something expertise about power shot now that I have it. Does anyone have a good rotation of attacks for Arsenal Mercenaries? My toolbar is full of good stuff and I need a good rotation. Edited by rossonja

There are multiple threads covering this exact same topic. Please read some of them before asking this question again that has been answered numerous times already.

How about reading his post before you get all self-righteous. He simply stated he missed the tab allowing specialization training. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

It is called conversation, and one that is perfectly acceptable on this forum. Get over yourself.

And in response to the OP. Yeah, I did this on my first character until I hit 14... Powertech got much better after that :D

How about reading his post before you get all self-righteous. He simply stated he missed the tab allowing specialization training. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

It is called conversation, and one that is perfectly acceptable on this forum. Get over yourself.

And in response to the OP. Yeah, I did this on my first character until I hit 14... Powertech got much better after that :D

Um, so the following quote where he specifically asks about what skills to use and what a good rotation is for arsenal mercenaries is what, exactly?

I have mostly been spamming tracer missile, but I saw something expertise about power shot now that I have it. Does anyone have a good rotation of attacks for Arsenal Mercenaries? My toolbar is full of good stuff and I need a good rotation.

I did read his post. Did you? And I wasn't self-righteous at all. In fact, I was pretty polite and very nicely asked that he read the other threads in the forum covering the exact same topic. Also, that little sentence in there that ends with that curly thing with the dot at the bottom, that's called a question. Which is why they call that curly thing with the dot at the bottom a question mark. That would be the part of his post that I was replying to. Is there some rule that says I have to address every sentence and word in a post?

It was polite and I did read some of the other posts. That, however, was before I knew about the spec training. I can go and re-read now that I will actually know what they are talking about. Without a doubt, it will be much easier now. I may go ahead and finish the bh up to 50 before I keep going on my sith. I was merely hoping there was something better than tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile and so on...

It was polite and I did read some of the other posts. That, however, was before I knew about the spec training. I can go and re-read now that I will actually know what they are talking about. Without a doubt, it will be much easier now. I may go ahead and finish the bh up to 50 before I keep going on my sith. I was merely hoping there was something better than tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile and so on...

Not really. It's very hard to beat the dmg they put out.

Um, so the following quote where he specifically asks about what skills to use and what a good rotation is for arsenal mercenaries is what, exactly?

I did read his post. Did you? And I wasn't self-righteous at all. In fact, I was pretty polite and very nicely asked that he read the other threads in the forum covering the exact same topic. Also, that little sentence in there that ends with that curly thing with the dot at the bottom, that's called a question. Which is why they call that curly thing with the dot at the bottom a question mark. That would be the part of his post that I was replying to. Is there some rule that says I have to address every sentence and word in a post?

Late to the party but, found you were very passive agressive rather than polite.

There are multiple threads covering this exact same topic. Please read some of them before asking this question again that has been answered numerous times already.

Can you link him to the gargantuan number of threads answering his question?

I know your time is valuable.

Be a part of the community, not a problem within it.

So I just hit level 31 on my merc a few days ago, and made a sith assassin and sith marauder for a change of pace for the last few days since. I just realized that you could also train abilities for your spec. The whole time I was missing out on all the good abilities bh had to offer. By this time, there were like over 10 to train and I don't really know what is best. I am running arsenal spec right now. Not to mention, I now have the ability to heal myself lol. Man that would have come in handy multiple times. I have mostly been spamming tracer missile, but I saw something expertise about power shot now that I have it. Does anyone have a good rotation of attacks for Arsenal Mercenaries? My toolbar is full of good stuff and I need a good rotation.

to actually answer your question on a rotation, this is what i use:

fusion missile > unload > tracer missile x5 (for the heat sigs) > heat seeking missiles > rail shot. if you have barrage then use unload whenever it procs. since you are 31 and dont have heat seekers just take that out of the rotation and keep the rest the same. the reason i use this rotation is to lead with a dot, use unload since you will be spamming tracer which can proc unload and also add heat sigs and armor debuffs for heat seekers and rail shot. use fusion missile and unload whenever it procs or the cd finishes. add electro dart and others like death from above and sweeping blasters when necessary.

i dont tend to use flame thrower unless i have a group surrounding me because of the heat cost. i dont like using any of the melee skills either because of the heat cost. as a matter of fact i only use aoes when there are more than three lower skill mobs in a group because of the heat cost. i think you can see the trend of this paragraph

most peoples rotation will vary a bit but its almost always tons of tracer missile for heat sigs, proc'ing unload, and using rail shot when you have your heat sigs built up rinse and repeat

Edited by Cegenaus