Arsenal Guide (PVP) ?

Etilik

Hi Guys any good updated PVP guide to suggest for a brehave but discouraged dps pvp player?

I've seen some nice ranked Merc on the Leaderboard and I was wondering if they I've found how to let it works!

cheers,

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Playing as arsenal (Belit) and I enjoy it. Feel you got more defensive cooldowns, but you should play the specc you enjoy.

I agree... I'm winning more than I'm loosing as Arsenal in solo ranked. And even if I get focused, I have enough abilities to keep myself alive and kite the other teams dps away from their healers so the rest of my team can burn them down. Good assassins are the worst, but if you pop your cd's right, you can weather most storms.

In group ranked, both Arsenal and Pyro are weaklings and a liability to their team. While Pyro is less vulnerable to being interrupted, it's damage can be cleansed and it is more flimsy defensively than Arsenal. But in truth the differences are slight on both the attack and defense side. You are going to be focused down first and you will die first. If you are fortunate enough to play against a weak team, either spec can work. But in a competitive environment, both specs are ineffective.

In solo ranked, the enemy team often lacks the coordination that good group opponents have. In other words, you are more likely to face a bad enemy team in solo than in group. Which is the window the Merc dps needs in order to escape his ineffectiveness. The worse the quality of the enemy team, the more the environment favors Arsenal over Pyro. That having been said, the lower the quality of the Merc driver, the more Pyro generates better results than Arsenal. So there are multiple inflection points there. Choose what you will - there isn't a lot to pick from here.

But if you do go Arsenal, here are some points to consider. Btw, this is all assuming that you are experienced in piloting your Arsenal in pvp in regular warzones. And if you are, you know that as even if you are jumped by a melee, as long as you can get him 1v1 in isolation you are going to win. The problem is when the fight becomes a furball and multiple enemies and teammates are throwing around AoE snares and AoE stuns/mezzs. Then you are going to lose.

So you want to avoid getting anywhere near the mosh pit that most arenas quickly devolve into. The problem is that with the popularity of PTs you are probably going to get pulled in anyway. *IF* you get the ideal situation where you can open with TM while stealthed, consider popping HO right after your TM. Since your enemies will be at range, this will allow you to go through your core rotation at the start of the match. If you coordinated your ElectroNet with your teammates focus fire, your team might get the first kill and the fact that your toon is the weakest on your team will be ameliorated. If an enemy melee leaps to you, simply move away while he is in midair. Target that enemy, pop your PowerSurge and dispose of him as he has nicely moved away from his team and given you the 1v1 in isolation that you want.

The problem for you is when your team has fewer Infiltrate/Smuggles than the enemy team. You are basically screwed then. You can not preemptively use HO or even PowerSurge because the enemy team can simply back off and choose to start the engagement when those key abilities are on CD. So against a decent enemy team you are going to eat a TM interrupt right from the start. Either that or you must hang back and have your team fight 3v4 initially until you engage. And even the latter strategy is highly vulnerable to an out of stealth pull from the the enemy team. And they will pick you to pull if they can get an LoS on you. Because you are a Merc. Which by definition means you are an easy kill.

It also follows that the longer the battle goes on, the worse for the Arsenal Merc. Once you have HO and PowerSurge on CD, you are screwed. So coordinate with your teammates. They need to chain stun/root their target and goad him into using his cc breaker. Then ElectroNet him. If you can not get a kill in that first sequence, you are in trouble. You will get pulled into the mosh pit and consumed. This is why any trend towards using two operative healers rather than one is problematic for Arsenal. As if we didn't have enough problems...

Thanks guys, especially thanks to Macroeconomics who's showing a very useful guide!

Aslo I've a question: how is the best way to spend your PowerSurge? As you r going to use it probably once in a mach do you think that use with 2 TM (in order to proc 5 stack) is mandatory ? Or I can waste it with 2 Rapid Scan getting 8-10k of auto super fast healing (while moving) more? Or there is another ability to associate?

thanks again,

O.

Thanks guys, especially thanks to Macroeconomics who's showing a very useful guide!

Aslo I've a question: how is the best way to spend your PowerSurge? As you r going to use it probably once in a mach do you think that use with 2 TM (in order to proc 5 stack) is mandatory ? Or I can waste it with 2 Rapid Scan getting 8-10k of auto super fast healing (while moving) more? Or there is another ability to associate?

thanks again,

O.

If you are being focused, best way to use it is double rapid scan or rapid scan+ concussion missile (on someone annoying) or perhaps rapid scan+tracer missile on the target u want to burst fast.There is no point to ever do double tracer missile(unless u want to finish someone fast and everything is on cd and he has like 4-5k hp left) mainly because lets say u proc the unload(and it isnt 100% sure with double tracer but w/e),do you actually believe it wont be interrupted?There u go,wasted power surge.Also a good offensive use is tracer on the target u want to burst fast+thermal sensor overrider+ fusion missle(if 2 or more people are stuck together).You could also use it to offheal a teammate of u fast so he doesnt die with 2x rapid scans.I think i covered up all possible tracer missile scenarios :p

Edited by Afraid

• 3 weeks later...

thanks again,

O.

99% of the time I use it in my opener. I'll try to hard cast my first tracer missile then pop PS to launch 2 instant ones, followed by HS/RS/unload. If your team is even slightly coordinated and you don't get stunned during that opener, you can down just about anyone. The other nice thing about that opener is that it gives you 4 instant cast's in a row that you can do huge damage with while moving... take advantage of it to get a positioning advantage on the other team where you can LOS their leapers/dps.

99% of the time I use it in my opener. I'll try to hard cast my first tracer missile then pop PS to launch 2 instant ones, followed by HS/RS/unload. If your team is even slightly coordinated and you don't get stunned during that opener, you can down just about anyone. The other nice thing about that opener is that it gives you 4 instant cast's in a row that you can do huge damage with while moving... take advantage of it to get a positioning advantage on the other team where you can LOS their leapers/dps.

Adding electro net almost anyone is dead.